The Lady In Red Shoes II

It's Okay To Not Be Okay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Uhh... Why isn't she picking up her phone?" Seulgi groaned as she dialled Sooyoung's number for the umpteenth time.

"Seulgi? Aren't we going to be late? I want to meet miss Irene! I want to talk to her" her sister called from outside the house where she was happily jumping waiting to be taken to the meet and greet.

"Just a second unnie"

"Sooyoung! Where the hell are you?" Seulgi huffed as she grabbed the keys and a cap before closing the door.

"Unnie, come on.." Seulgi said and the two of them made their way to the venue of the meet and greet.

"I'm so excited!" her sister exclaimed as she hopped towards the bookstore.

Seulgi smiled seeing her sister happy as she fastened her pace to catch up with her. But as they neared the venue, Seulgi's breath caught in as she saw the number of people lined up to meet the author.

"Woah.." she got out as she stuck close to her sister in order to not get separated as they joined the line waiting for their turn.

"She's much prettier in real life" Sihyeon mumbled, causing Seulgi to look in the direction she was looking in.

"Huh?"

"Isn't that what people are supposed to be? Pretty?"

"Who even tol-" she started but was interrupted by a phone call. Seulgi squinted at the caller before asking her sister, "Would it be okay if I take this? " , before adding "I'll just be there.. Outside.. I'll be back in a few minutes."

"Mhmm" she nodded and Seulgi left so that she could answer the call and be done with it as soon as possible.

 

Irene, on the other hand, was starting to get tired of all the smiling she had to do while taking photos.

"My cheeks are hurting" she hissed at her manager as the next fan came up front placing a copy of her latest book to be signed.

"Oh my god! I'm such a huge fan of yours!" he exclaimed as she signed it and gave him a small smile in acknowledgement.

"I.. Can I get a picture please?" he asked and Irene nodded but groaned internally.

"I'll be more than happy to take one with you" she said through gritted teeth.

"Ah! I can't see this anymore! Yah- Yeri! Can you oversee things here for a while please? I desperately need a break. This woman is driving me nuts. The least she could do is smile at her fans who've been waiting all day for this event and look at her! Tsk... I can't do this." Seungwan muttered as she walked away from where she was standing at the back.

"Oh great" Yeri said with a sigh as she shook her head and sipped her coffee while waiting for the event to get over.

"That's nice" Irene mumbled again to something the fan had said without really knowing what the fan had said since she hadn't been paying attention. She just smiled and looked up when she saw a rather familiar face talking to another woman in the line. The woman she met before. Seulgi was her name. Kang Seulgi.

Irene's lips curled upwards as she saw the woman stand in line with the other lady before leaving. She assumed it was a phone call since the woman was gesturing and pointing to her phone while speaking.

"Miss?" the security guard spoke, bringing her back to the real world to look at the expectant fan before her. She'd probably signed 2 books when a sudden commotion in the crowd caught her sight. She huffed and tilted her head as she saw a woman grab whom she assumed was Kang Seulgi's sister by the hair causing her to whimper and look down.

"How dare you do that to my child?!" The woman yelled while pulling at the other's hair and pushing her down to the floor

"Please.. Don't grab my hair. Don't grab my hair. Not my hair. Don't grab my hair"

"I said GET OUT" the woman yelled again. Irene scoffed and shook her head just as she saw a figure pushing their way to the front of the crowd.

"Unnie!"

"Don't grab my hair. Not my hair. Don’t touch my hair" the woman on the floor kept muttering as she began to hit the sides of her head causing the crowd to move away from her.

"Unnie.. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry"

Irene just looked as Seulgi removed her jacket and covered her sister's head with it before hugging her. She watched as the people began to flip out their phones and film them while Seulgi gently rocked the woman in her arms trying to calm her down.

Shall I help her or shall I not? Should I help her out or do I leave her? Irene asked herself while tapping her pen on the table and staring at the scene before her.

 

"Yah!" Seulgi heard someone call out and she looked up to find the author, Irene, walking towards her. She begrudgingly stood up, ready to apologize for having created a scene when the said woman turned away from her.

"I need an apology"

"Huh? Why must I give you an apology when- When it was that woman who came forward and tried talking to my child? And it was her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter