Two

Sunset
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                      

 

2021

Seoul 





 

The whole courtroom was silent. The video of Mrs Choi Ha Na yelling at Kang Maru who was down on his knees was being played on the court screen.


 

''I'll kill your son if you defy my order. Now go and do your task. Make sure to shoot her on the head! Don't ever do anything stupid or else you'll regret it!" 


 

Mrs Choi's eyes went wide and literally sweating because of having been caught on witness's camera. Her eyes now staring so deep at the witness, Jung Eun Jung. She ordered Mrs Jung to close regarding of murder case and even threatens to destroy her life if she didn't follow her order. But, the girl was smart. She chose to betray her boss for her own profit. 


 

"My lord, as we all can see here, It proved that Mrs Choi Ha Na was the person behind of  murdering case of Lee Min Ah. She used a 5 years old kid as a reason to threaten the father. As everyone can see the poor guy literally got down on his knees, begging not to use him. It was clear Mr Kang Maru did not intend to kill Lee Min Ah and he was put into a dilemma to choose between saving his son or killing Lee Min Ah. The struggle is real guys. Who was in the right mind if their son's life is at stake? Everyone else will feel the same way too if their family is involved. Only an evil like Choi Ha Na chose to play with their life. Killing people because of jealousy? Everyone, that was a cruel reality..."


 

Joongki casually walked out of the Courtroom followed by his partner, Mr Nam and his clients. They left after congratulating him for winning the case and praising his capability on keeping track.  


 

" Why are you always getting on my nerves Mr Song? You pulled some strings to win this case." Jang Hyuk, Mrs Choi's lawyer, approached him. 


 

" Wait, we're not playing string here Mr Song Jang Hyuk. We're only stating facts and those facts are fortunately on our side." Joongki responded calmly. 


 

" Ah-" Joong Ki walked a little closer and fixed the latter's tie knot to tighten it more. He retracted his hand as soon as he was done." You see, put a little pressure to witness was useful too and….money to get the best result."  


 

" Everyone loves money, so are you.. right hyung?" Joongki smirked. The self-satisfied smirk of a man who knew he was in power, and enjoyed watching his opponent cringe.


 

Jang Hyuk took one look at the smirk on Joongki's face. He in his anger quickly and let out of sigh. " We're having a family gathering tomorrow's night, Appa asked you to come." 


 

"I'm not interested." 


 

" There's nothing to lose if you come over."


 

" Of course I'm not gonna lose something if the family gathering is a normal family gathering. You'll never enjoy the fun if two families are involved. Politics, business trash talk and maybe a drama like an arranged marriage?'' He was being sarcastic now. He knew perfectly how those connections work and remain stronger by time. If you have money and power, everything is gonna work smoothly. 


 

Jang Hyuk let out a small laugh at the mention of arranged marriage.


 

" Ah hyung, before I forget, let me ask you some things. How long are you going to keep on playing a dutiful son here? Both of us know that you're having the same hatred toward him. Or that old man promised you something big?" Joongki asked with a playful tone. He was not that clueless, he knew how this thing worked in this corrupt country. 


 

" Look at how you asked so many questions now, I can say that you're very curious, my little brother." 



 

" Unfortunately, I'm not that curious over those questions hyung. Everyone can guess the answers actually. The only thing I'm curious now is, when will you get married to Nami Group's daughter? I heard you two get along well." 



 

As soon as he said that, his brother got the phone call. So he took the opportunity to walk out from his sight without bidding goodbye. 







 

"Ahjussi-" A boy around 6 years old pulled his sleeve to gain his attention. Joongki bent his body to have the same height as the little boy. " Yes." He said softly.


 

" I'm sorry to trouble you ahjussi, but can you help me to get the milk up there? I can't reach it." The boy's words melted his heart. It was good to hear sorry from a little boy. 

 

How come this fluffy boy is so adorable?  


 

Joongki took the said milk and gave it to the little boy. He was smiling wide after receiving the bottle of milk. The little boy bowed to him and said thank you as gratitude. His politeness melted his heart again. 


 

" What's your name?" 


 

" I am William- Ahjussi, what is your name?" 


 

Joongki beamed, gently pinching on the little boy's cheeks. " Song Joong Ki." 


 

" Ah- Song Ahjussi."


 

" Yes, Song Ahjussi sounds better, William." 


 

" Ahjussi, I need to go. My mom may be looking for me now. Thank you so much Ahjussi for helping me."  William made sure to bow to show respect toward the eldest. 


 

"Ah yes." Joong ki's heart softened again with a little kid's attitude. At his young age, his parents were doing a great job teaching manners. " Be careful okay." 


 

William nodded, before turning his back and running until his figure disappeared from Joongki's sight. 


 

At his age now, shall he raise his own kid? He's 36 and not settling down yet. Well, he just doesn't have any interest in being in a relationship and prefers the single life. But, looking at William just now, can he dream of having a son too? Maybe with a nice partner? 






 

"Mom!" A little boy running to her mom with a bottle of milk in his hand. 


 

"Oh my god William, where are you going? I searched for you in case you lose your way." She asked for William to take his favourite thing, and told him to find her at this section (wet food section) but after waiting for minutes, he didn't appear. 


 

" Sorry mom for making you worried." His cute tone while apologizing caused Yeo Been to laugh a little.


 

" It's okay William. Now I feel very good because you're here." She hugged her son tightly then continued. "What took you so long?" 


 

"Ah- at first, I couldn't reach my favourite milk because it was so high, but  a handsome Ahjussi helped me." 


 

" A handsome Ahjussi?"


 

William nodded excitedly. " Song Ahjussi is a really good looking mom. He keeps smiling when I'm talking and his hairstyle is so cool." He described his Song Ahjussi's features in a good way. 


 

Yeo Been chuckled while listening to him. Her son seemed to be admiring this person already.



 

" Then, William can tell mom, who are the most handsome between Song Ahjussi and Uncle Junho?" 


 

William moved closer to Yeo Been's ear. He whispered a name. " Song Ahjussi." 


 

" Oh really?"


 

The child nodded quickly. "But, mom needs to keep this from uncle Junho okay? I don't want uncle Junho to feel sad later." Yeon Been felt grateful with how thoughtful of her son now. Nothing m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter