Five

Sunset
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         

 

Joongki pushed the exit door of the pharmacy's shop. He went to the bench that was not really far from the pharmacy. Joongki stopped halfway,watching her from a distance. He noticed it, her forehead furrowed in pain ,but pretended that was nothing. She was trying so hard to hide the pain that coming from her knee and ankle. Joongki shook his head, feeling devastated with her attitude right now. 


 

"Let's go to the hospital." He said that as soon as he arrived. The way he spoke was like giving a command. 


 

She shook her head instantly, refusing to accept his order. "It's not that hurt. My body can take it." 


 

He blows air out his mouth, keeping himself calm. Can't go into furious mode in front of an injured woman.


 

Joongki sat next to her. "I will hold your leg, so don't scream." He warned her first before he lifted her right leg onto his left leg. He tore the pants wide to make the knee visible for him. Yeo Been shrieked by what he did now. The blood flow now headed straight to her face. She was blushing hard now. 


 

He used a handkerchief to gently press on the wound until bleeding stopped. His strength was controlled. Joongki applied the wound with antibiotic cream. Even though Joongki was applying cream gently, Yeo Been was still hurting from the touch, causing her to hiss. Joongki watched her expression, her teeth were clenched tightly. 


 

In the second, his mouth curved in an unknowing smile.


 

After tended to her wound, he lifted her leg carefully before putting it back to normal. He found multiple scratches on her face.The bruise near now turns purplish. He couldn't do anything much about it. 


 

"Mr Song- thank you for today." She said wholeheartedly, eyes looking straight at him. "You're saving my life again."


 

"You need to stop carelessly running on the road. I almost hit you for a second time already." He said that without looking at her.


 

Yeo Been's jaw almost dropped to the floor. It's a feeling of deja vu. She experienced a run and almost hit by a car with the same person. 


 

" I'm awfully sorry, you must be startled again because of me." She felt extremely guilty. 


 

He was now staring at her. "Also you need to stop meddling with other people's businesses. You were having a terrifying night just now, because you're too involved with their problem." 


 

Her expression changed immediately after he talked. No, she did that because she couldn't stand watching their suffering. She was born with that attitude. 


 

"I have a conscience. If we stay silent, who is going to defend her? Who is going to teach that jerk? These people need a beating to realize that not everything can be set up like he wanted." She argued the points.



 

"Yes, you did have points. But you forget about your safety and you mostly forget that you've a family. What will happen to William if you're injured badly?" He pointed out the most important thing.


 

It hit differently after William was brought into this conversation. 


 

Crying- that is what William would do if she got into trouble. Seeing her baby crying because of her gives so much agony. William only has her. Who will look after him, if she ends up in the hospital? 

 

Yes, she should use brain too in this kind of situation. 

 

But he did the same too..


 

"Then, what about you Mr Song? You can ignore me and continue to drive away, but why did you choose to save me?" 


 

"We're different, Jeon Yeo Been. I don't have anyone that is called family."  He replied, staring deep into her eyes. 


 

She examined his eyes. Try to figure out the truth behind those words.


 

Their intense stares last only 2 minutes .

 

How can she look straight at his eyes without getting thud thud? 


 

He was the one that needed some composure after having intense eye contact. Joongki pushed the thought of having this weird feeling. ..

 

 He didn't have dinner yet, maybe he acted like this because he was too hungry...


 

"Let's go, I will send you home." He got up from his seat, decided to send the girl home. 


 

Yeo Been blinked in confusion before understanding his words. He wanted to send her home?… but she can just take a taxi. 


 

"Mr Song, don't worry about me.. you can go straight home. I'll catch a taxi." She wouldn't want to be a trouble maker again. He did too much for her today. She won't bother him anymore. 


 

"Then call your husband now, I'll wait until he arrives." Joong ki told her. 


 

He looked at her, waiting for her to call her husband. Yeo Been played with her hands before continuing.


 

 "Mr Song, I - I'll go with you." Yeo Been accepted the first option. She couldn't say out loud that she didn't have a husband. 

The last thing Yeo Been wanted was to avoid being judged by this person. 


Joongki suspiciously looked at her, he felt something was wrong with her. She was nervous eventually. After seconds, he shakes off that thought and start walking, leaving her to follow him from behind.

 

She slowly got up from the bench. The pain on her ankle restricted her from having a normal walk. She couldn't catch up with Joong ki's steps. 


 

Joongki turned around, walking back to her direction. His arms came under Yeo Been, lifting her up. 


 

Yeo Been shrieked, startled. "Mr Song, I can walk, you don't have to do this." 


 

"Stop wiggling, my arms hurt." 


 

Yeobeen stopped moving instantly. Seriously though, she felt uncomfortable with the position. Her heart beat so fast and couldn't slow down with this distance. Her cheeks burned red.


 

He adjusted her in his arms, headed straight to his car. 


 

He carefully put her down near the passenger door, his hands not leaving her hips until she was able to stand straight. 


 

"The swelling will not go away if not treated properly. Let's go to hospital first, then I will-" 


 

"No- It's late now, William is waiting for me. I don't want to keep him waiting." She refused again.


 

Joong Ki was too tired to argue with her. Better he gives up, It was pointless to force her anyway. 


 

He watched her getting in the car. After they were done, he drove away to her place.






 

"You stay here. I'll g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter