Four

Sunset
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                     

 

 

 

 

"What is this occasion? You guys seem so happy." Joong Ki walked inside the office after having a lunch break. He pulled the chair beside Mr Hong, and sat on it. He waited for them to explain the things because as soon as he passed the office, he could hear their laughter already. 


 

Mr Nam changed the meaningful look with Mr Hong and Ms Yang before turning his gaze to Joong Ki. "Actually, Mr Hong's daughter will get married at the end of this month." 


 

"Seriously, congratulations Mr Hong." He gladly congrats the latter. "I don't know that Ms Hong Cha Young will build a family this soon." 


 

Mr Hong responded with a small laugh. "I guess Joo hyung really played a big part in controlling Chayoung's heart. The girl literally fell head over heels for him. I never saw Chayoung this happy after her mother's death." 


 

Joong Ki rubbed the back of the old man. He heard everything about Mr Hong's family history from Mr Nam. The daughter and the father never got along well after the mother died. The reason was secret and he didn't try to dig out more. He was not the type to involve himself in other family matters, but one thing he learned from Mr Hong was, this man once wished for life to have a rewind button. He wanna go to the past and change the mistakes he made. 


 

The father and the daughter relationship got worse everyday. Joong Ki once witnessed how Cha young shed tears in front of her dad. And Mr Hong broke down in front of him. But later, they reconciled because of Park Joo Hyung. A lawyer under Cha young's firm. He's the whole package man that screams perfection even Joong Ki is a bit envious of the man. Park Joo Hyung played a big role in connecting back the loose bond between the two. 


 

Mr Hong was greatly thankful for meeting the guy. Now, seeing Mr Hong this happy, Joong Ki felt relieved and grateful at the same time. 


 

"Let's go having makgeolli and meat tonight, I will treat you guys." Mr Hong announced with a bright tone. Everyone agreed instantly. "Ah- Mr Yang, don't forget to tell Ms Lee to join us tonight. I hope she can make it."


 

"Where's Ms Lee? I hadn't seen her for two days already." Joong Ki asked curiously. 


 

"Ah- Ms Lee was out to meet Mr Kim's family at Busan,trying to figure out any clues related to the suspect. She called early, saying that she will take the train this evening.I don't think she will make it tonight." Mr Nam explained the details.


 

"Alright. Let's not put pressure on her. She needs rest after her long ride." Mr Hong added. 


 

"Ah Mr Song-" Mr Hong got up from his seat and walked to his place, taking the file at his table. 


 

"I received a new case today, related to the new CEO of Hommes's company, Kim Ji Hoon that recently deceased." Mr Hong passed the file to Joong Ki. "Suspect's sister, Ms Min Yo Na, consulted us. She was convinced that her sister was innocent of the charge of killing Mr Kim Ji Hoon. Suspect told her that someone tried to trick her. She got the message from the victim to come over to his apartment. But as soon as she arrived, she felt someone hit her on the head, and she lost consciousness at that moment."


 

Joong ki studied the first page before he added some important things."So she was found with a knife full of blood in her hand and the deceased man was with her. The case is a bit similar to the first one I conducted."


 

"You can decide to choose this case or not. If you're not doing it, I will ask Mr Seo to take the case. The guy is chilling this week." 


 

Joong Ki shook his head. "Anniya, I'll take this one." His gaze moved to Mr Nam. "And Mr Nam, you joined me in this case too." 


 

"Okay!" Mr Nam replied excitedly.  







 

"Wait- why are you here instead of joining Chairman?" Yeo Been asked directly after Jun Ho put his meal on her table. She was enjoying her lunch alone at the Yeonho's restaurant. Normally, she was with Sora, but the girl was on her diet today. 


 

"I'd been stuck with him for 3 hours straight, Beenie. Just let me breathe for a good hour." Jun Ho explained while munching his rice. "Besides, I miss talking with you. We've not eaten together for 3 days straight already." 


 

"Well, guess your new project forbids us to meet often." Yeo Been casually answered. She let out a small laugh after that.


 

He nodded, agreeing with her remark.


 

"How about William? Is he doing okay now? I miss my baby William badly." 


 

"He's doing perfectly fine this time. He missed you too." 


 

"Let me send you home today. I need to see William to refill my energy. I've been so tired this week." Jun Ho complained. Tiredness was etched into his face and she noticed that. 


 

"You should take care of your body too. You're all busy, but that's not an excuse to sacrifice your health. Your health is your responsibility  Lee Jun Ho." She pressed the words responsibility, to make it clear for him that his health is a top priority. 


 

A smile worked its way across his face and into his eyes. He felt great delight with her concern over his health. 


 

"You're just like my mom, non-stop talking about my health. Don't worry Beenie, I love my body too much not to let it hurt." 


 

Yeo Been smiled as she swallowed some fish before she calmly replied. "Yeah, you should love yourself more than anything."


 

Jun Ho maintained his smiles throughout the talk. They talked about the new project that Jun Ho currently handled. They needed the consent of village people to build a factory near their area, but some of them protested the construction of the factory, because it may pollute the area. So JunHo and the team came up with a brilliant idea to solve the problem and the villagers seemed to agree with it. 


 

Their happy moment halted at the mention of a new President of Gil's company, Hong Jong Hyun in the news. Yeo Been's eyes are stuck at the television that is currently airing the episode of Young President with a glowing persona. His decent talk, and his charismatic appearance in this show, showed how good of him at masking or acting in a way that makes others believe what they see. 


 

And the guy had the audacity to talk about responsibility, when he never had any of that characteristic. 


 

Yeo Been 'tssk', rolled her eyes after hearing his speech. "Responsibility, my !" She chirped.


 

Jun Ho remained silent, observing her current mood change. He knew too well about Yeo Been's relationship with that guy. He was her ex boyfriend and father to William. 


 

For Jun Ho, that man was the wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter