Chapter 3

Love in the Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N -  so this will be the chapter to map the time periods. Hope you will like it and let me know your thoughts. 

 

 

Chapter 3 

 

“Jae ah, I got you some milk” my voice was unheard, or rather ignored. Placing the glass of milk on the table, I climbed up to the bed, hoping to join the little boy hidden under the blankets.

Please don’t give me a silent treatment today Jaejoong, I cannot take it anymore.

“Hyung…” it was so natural when he curled up against my chest, hiding his tear covered face against my neck.

“yes Joongie” I smelled the fresh vanilla scent of his shampoo. It felt soothing. I am going to miss this scent.

“you really have to go?”

“I guess”

“will you forget me?” his voice was low, almost a whisper.

“You know I wont Joongie” kissing the top of his head I uttered in a hush tone.

I wont.

And when the night grew old, we held each other, not knowing what tomorrow might bring.

 

*

*

*

*

*

It was in the very early in the morning that Mrs Kim woke me up and mentioned that it is time for me to go, she helped me with taking a shower, like always, making sure that my water is mixed properly, not too hot, not too cold, just at the perfect temperature.

 

And I regretted.

I regret for not saying good bye to Jaejoong. My Jaejoong.

And I regretted not checking the name of the shampoo that Jaejoong and I always used. The scent we loved, now will be nothing but a memory to me.

*

*

*

*

*

Time flew rather fast that year, and of course, life at the orphanage went smoothly as well. Kim family visited me on the last Sunday of every month. Sometimes it was only Mrs. Kim and Jaejoong and sometimes, Kim Parents and the whole family came.

Those were the days I cherished the most, and the first year of my life in the orphanage had 12 eventful days, the days when Kims visited me.

Memories that I cherished forever.

*

*

*

*

*

Days passed and seasons changed, and eventually life changed too.  It was a November night when the warden informed us that the orphanage will be shifted to a different place, as the government has decided to cut funding for the orphanage. He mentioned that the new orphanage will be in Seoul, everyone was exited about the shifting as now it will be in the capital city and will be controlled and funded by the city hall, and my mind was playing only one thing. Seoul was more than 500km away fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter