Chapter 1

Love in the Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This will be in Yunho’s pov

 

Let me tell you a story, nothing that of a fiction or any supernatural stuff based. But my own life story that I wanna share with you guys.

I fell in love at a very young age, call it stupid, but to tell the truth, I fell in love when I was three.

I was sitting on the grass that covered the front of my house and enjoying the lemonade my mother has prepared me. I the straw looking at her garden of roses that she worked so hard for months. And finally, after months waiting, the first flower bloomed.

I was soo happy to the point that I made a huge chaos in house, I jumped around and screamed because, the flowers are finally blooming. The rosy petals looked so soft but I was too scared to touch. Even though my mother said that I could touch and feel them if I want to, I was dead scared to hurt that first blossom.

Because it looked that soft.

So I sat there, for hours under the scorching sun to witness how the first flower would experience its first day on earth.

That’s when he came.

A larger truck, followed by a van, pulled next to our house and my curious self eventually walked there to see the new arrivals. A tall man with glasses greeted me with a big simple as he jumped from the van. And he opened the door for others to come out.

A girl taller than me got down, her hair was pulled in to a pony and she was wearing those skirts that big girls like my cousins wore.

Another girl got down. Wearing trousers this time, and she was taller than me.

Another girl… pig tails and skirts.

Another…

And another…

I was counting, and eight girls got down from the van. I was glad that girls only stopped at eight, because I only knew how to count to ten… and if there were more girls, I wouldn’t be able to count them.

So with the man, new family got Nine.

And while they all move around the truck, which now was opened by the people who drove it, has already begun to unload the things inside it. But the tall man was still near the van, as he was waiting for someone.

And the prettiest lady, even prettier than my mom, got down. Holding a big bundle in her arms and smiling so beautifully at me who was only wearing shorts at that time.

Ok ten. Yunho counted all of them. My young mind to myself.

But my heart nearly stopped hearing a cry from the heaps of fabric bundle in that lady’s arms. The cries were getting louder.

There was a baby, with them. I couldn’t see the baby. But I could most certainly hear him. He screams harder than any babies I have seen.

They have more… they have more than ten. What comes after ten? My young mind was in chaos because I only knew how to count up to ten.

The tall man came near to me, while the old beautiful lady tried to calm the bundle in her arms. The man really walked towards me.

“ahh.. who is our little friend here… you know you look like a baby owl with your eyes widen like that” he bended slightly to match my height.

I wasn’t talking.

“we are going to be neighbors… aren’t you going to introduce yourself” he again asked so kindly. But my mind was busy trying to solve one thing.

What comes after ten…

and seeing the tall man talk with me, that beautiful lady also came towards us.

The baby was not crying now, but the soft cooing said that he was awake now.

“yeobo… who is this little guy”

“ah.. I think he is our neighbor’s kid, but he’s not talking” that tall man said the lady, who now looks at me with her beautiful eyes.

“anneyong little guy…” she said, bending down like the man did.

And that was the first time I saw him.

Wrapped in that cloth bundle, she was carrying the prettiest baby I have ever seen. He was opening his mouth in a weird way that he looked like a fish. A really cute fish. And I have never seen such wide pure eyes, baby’s eyes were even prettier than the old lady’s eyes.

And the baby’s cheeks, they were holding a soft blush that even put my mother’s first rose blossom to shame.

“can Yunnie touch.” Was the first thing I asked.

And both the adults looked at me to my words, while the man was still standing, the lady bended towards me again, kneeling down so that I could touch the baby in her arms.

I remember how carefully I raised my index finger and brought it to his face, without even touching him I was holding my finger up in the air. 

“its ok… touch him.” the lady said, smiling at me and my dumbfounded expression.

But what if I hurt him. I didn’t touch the roses because I was afraid to hurt them. What if I touch the baby and I hurt him.

“baby will get hurt?” I asked the lady who shook her head no and hold my finger with her hand. She was soft. And she directed my finger to the baby’s face, who looked at our hands with his widen eyes. He really looked like a baby owl now.

And the moment my finger touched his face, that smooth rosy cheeks of him, he smiled the most beautiful smile I have ever seen.

That’s when I first fell in love.

And when I fell in love with him, he didn’t even have teeth.

I gasped feeling how soft he was, and I quickly pulled out my finger and without even bidding goodbye, I ran to my home, leaving the two adults and the prettiest baby.

The first thing I did was to go to the rose bunch that my mother has so diligently worked on, and I touched the rose, the first rose that blossomed there. It was amidst the dark green leaves, smiling at me wearing a pink blush, I touched it.

It wasn’t soft.

The baby was.

And without even thinking, I pull

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter