Chapter VII

My Girl

A/N: I'm so sorry for the first part of this chapter. But this plot will be important later on. ^_~

 

**

Wendy went to school the next day in Irene's family's car. Unfortunately, the Queen still has a fever and can't come to school yet so she just asked their driver to bring Wendy to school. Wendy felt awkward getting out of the Bae's million-worth car, especially since almost all the students had their eyes on her.

 

"Urgh! She even used Queen Bae's family car?? How dare she!" Wendy heard one student exclaim.

 

"Her uniform! Look at her uniform! Isn't it Queen Irene's?" One student noticed.

 

"Does that mean she slept at the Queen's House? Huh! I knew it! She's not as innocent as she appears to be!"

 

Wendy ignored all these comments she heard. Don't mind them, Seungwan. Just don't mind them.

 

"Aish. They're really pissing me off!" Wendy was surprised to hear Joy's voice beside her, arms clinging to the older. Seeing one of the Queens beside Wendy made the whisperings stop. 

 

"Oh. Sooyoung?"

 

"I knew this would happen so I waited for you, unnie." 

 

Wendy smiled. "Thank you, Soo-."

 

Wendy was interrupted by her phone ringing. It was Irene.

 

"Unnie?" She answered the call immediately. "I told you to just-"

 

"Are you okay?" came Irene's worried voice. "If anyone bothers you again, just call me anytime, Seungwan-ah. Okay? Anytime."

 

"Wh-" Wendy wanted to ask how Irene knew but she immediately had the answer as she looked at the guilty looking Joy beside her.

 

Joy mouthed a 'sorry unnie' and offered a peace sign.

 

Wendy acknowledged the apology and sighed. "I'm fine, unnie. So don't worry and just rest. Okay?"

 

"Fine. But be careful, okay? And call me."

 

Wendy nodded though Irene couldn't see it. "I will, unnie."

 

As soon as the call ended, Joy draped her arm around Wendy's shoulder. "Unnie.. Don't be mad, okay? And I kept my promise. I didn't tell Joohyun unnie about yesterday." she then grins sheepishly. "Although, I just told her about what I saw today. I'm just worried, okay?" 

 

Wendy knew that Joy meant well so she couldn't find a reason to get angry at the younger girl. "I know. Thanks, Sooyoung." She ruffles Joy's hair. "So, I'll meet you up again at the lounge after class? So we can go to Joohyun unnie's?"

 

"Uh, well.." Joy scratched her head. "Unnie said not to come. She said you need proper rest since you haven't had one last night."

 

"What? But-"

 

"And I agree with her, unnie. Just look at your eyebags. And really, you look like someone who'll eventually fall asleep in just a second."

 

Wendy sighs but doesn't argue, knowing Joy has a point.

 

"So, what time does your class end today, unnie?"

 

"I have one till 7pm."

 

Joy nodded. "Okay. The girls will visit Joohyun unnie in the afternoon. Then I'll come back here at 7 to drive you home."

 

"What? No." Wendy refused. "It's okay, you don't have to drive me home, Sooyoung. The apartment is just a few blocks away from here."

 

"Well, it's not my call, unnie. It's Joohyun unnie's request."Joy then grins. "She's kinda protective like that, especially to the people she loves."

 

Wendy blushed.

 

"Oh and speaking of which, unnie told us that she already confessed to you. And that.. You don't have an answer yet."

 

Wendy nodded and lowered her head, a bit scared of what Joy might say or think of her. Yes, Joy is already a friend to her but first and foremost, she's Irene's friend before her.

 

Joy notices the older girl's gesture and clings her arm to the latter. "Hey, unnie, relax." She laughs. "I'm not going to get mad at you or something, you know."

 

"But.." I may have hurt your friend.

 

Joy dismissed Wendy's words with a shake of a head. "I'm not one to judge, unnie. I'm sure you have your reasons. But uh, can I just say something, unnie?"

 

Wendy nodded. "Uh, yeah, sure. Go ahead."

 

"I told you before that I'm not sure what Joohyun unnie really feels right?" Wendy nodded, a signal for Joy to continue. "But now, we can see and tell that she really loves you, unnie. So, if you're having second thoughts because of her history with girls, then take my word that she's serious about you, unnie. In fact, after her breakup with Jennie, you're the first person she said 'I love you' to."

 

Wendy just listened, not really knowing what to say.

 

"But like I've said, I'm sure you have your reasons. And I understand, Joohyun unnie too."

 

"I'm.. I'm sorry, Sooyoung, if I have hurt Joohyun unnie." 

 

"Yah, unnie. Why are you apologising? Please don't feel bad with what I've said. I didn't tell you so that you'll feel guilty." Joy reassured. "The last time we had this talk, I can tell that you're confused about how she really feels for you. So I just said what I've said so you'll know she's serious about this. But please don't feel guilty? Besides, even without answering Joohyun unnie's confession, you're already doing enough. We can all see that you really care about unnie and that speaks a lot already."

 

"Still.."

 

"Still, you're doing enough, unnie. Otherwise, I would have gotten mad at you already." Joy joked. "So don't be pressured by it, okay? It's really not my intention, unnie."

 

Wendy smiled and nodded. "Thank you, Sooyoung-ah."

 

"That's my unnie." This time, it's Joy who ruffles Wendy's hair. "I'll see you at 7, unnie. Take care, okay?"

 

"Hm. You too, Sooyoung."


 

**

 

Wendy was heading to her last class when two students walked up to her.

 

"Hi! You're Wendy, right? Queen Bae's girlfriend?" 

 

"Oh uh, Y-yeah."

 

"Perfect!" one of the two girls beamed. "So listen, is it okay to ask a favor from you?"

 

Wendy raised her eyebrow. If these two girls are part of the Queens' crazy fangirls, Wendy wasn't sure if she should trust them. She knows this group hates her.

 

Seeing Wendy's hesitation, the other girl decided to step up. "Oh and don't worry, we're harmless. We just wanted your help with something."

 

Wendy is still skeptical, nonetheless she answered. "About?" 

 

"Well, you know that Queen Bae is a senior and will soon graduate right? So we, her supporters, are planning to give her a surprise graduation party. And although there's still like a half year to go, we like to prepare everything in advance."

 

"Oh, okay." Wendy finds their words believable. "But how can I help though?"

 

"Well, since you're Queen Bae's girlfriend, you probably already know what she likes and what she doesn't. And we want your help to surprise her."

 

Wendy thought for a while before agreeing. "Okay. I think I can help with that."

 

"Great!" one of the girls beamed. "So can you come with us today so we can talk about this with the rest of our group?"

 

"Uhh.. Like right now? I still have a class though."

 

"Oh please, Wendy-ssi. We won't be leaving the school premises. Just a few minutes, we promise. Please? For Queen Bae?"

 

Hearing that, Wendy finds no reason to deny their request. "Okay. But I can only take 10 mins."

 

"Sure. C'mon, let's go."

 

As they continue walking, Wendy realizes that they are now on the secluded part of the campus where there are almost no students around.

 

"Uh, if I may ask, where are we exactly going? Cause I don't think there's a suitable meeting place around here."

 

"Oh don't worry, Wendy-ssi. We're almost here."

 

Wendy didn't miss the dangerous tone of the girl. Wendy thought there's something suspicious of the way they keep whispering to each other and of how their phone dinged every now and then.

 

"I don't think this is right. Let's just talk some other time. I have to head to my class now."

 

Wendy turned to walk away but surprisingly, the two girls grabbed her arms on each side. "You're not going anywhere, Wendy-ssi."

 

Wendy can feel their grip on her tightens. She flinched. "Hey, what are you doing?"

 

As if an answer to her, Wendy heard several footsteps. She turned her head around and there she saw almost 20 girls looking at her, smirking.

 

One girl clapped. Wendy recognized her as one of the girls who cornered her last time. "Finally! We're now alone with the famous Wendy!"

 

"What- what do you want?"

 

"Tie her to that chair." The girl, who seemed to be the leader of the group, orders. The girls dragged Wendy forcefully and sat her on the lone chair. Wendy struggles to break free as the girls tie her up but the more she struggles, the more girls come to her side to hold her. Wendy felt the phone in her pocket vibrating, someone was calling her. But being tied in a chair, she has no other way to answer the phone and to call for help. But Wendy thought it wouldn't hurt to try so she screamed her lungs out.

 

"HELP!"

 

But the group of girls just laughs, as if taunting her.

 

"Well I'm sorry to disappoint you but no one will hear you here, missy." The girl who Wendy assumes to be the leader, said. "As you can see, this is a secluded area. Queen Bae is not here, and the rest of the Queens have left already." 

 

"What do you want?" Wendy asked. Surprisingly, even to herself, her voice was calm.

 

"Okay, here's our deal." the leader said as she lifted Wendy's jaw harshly. "Leave Queen Bae, leave the Queens, and we'll leave you alone. How's that?"

 

Wendy sighs. She shakes her head as if to disagree.

 

SLAP!

 

"So? Do you want to make the slap on your cheek even or you'll leave our Queens alone?!" 

 

Wendy can feel her cheek hurting as the girl slapped her hard. Instead of being afraid, however, Wendy felt more confident. She won't back down. She won't give them what they need."I won't."

 

"Argh! Really?!" The girl was obviously angry. "Girls, your turn! Don't stop until she agrees with our deal!"

 

Wendy watched as the group of girls approached her, each holding onto something. One girl takes the initiative and throws a pail of cold water to her. Wendy shivers but before she can even adjust to the coldness, another girl throws a couple of raw eggs on her face and body.

 

It obviously hurt but Wendy won't give in. She can only shut her eyes and hope that by some miracle, someone will come to help.

 

Wendy didn't know how many minutes had passed. Her body is shivering because the girls keep throwing cold water on her from time to time, the back of her head aches as one girl grabs her hair harshly, her arms sting as someone with long nails scratches her arms, and her cheeks hurt from the  slap.

 

"Okay, stop." The leader ordered. She walks in front of Wendy then holds the latter's jaw tightly.

 

"So, Wendy-ssi, do we have a deal?"

 

Exasperatedly, Wendy still shakes her head as an answer, earning another loud slap from the girl.

 

"Ugh! You're really frustrating me!" The girl said as she wiggled her hand.

 

"Jimin," One girl approached the leader. "What are we going to do now?"

 

The girl named Jimin raised her eyebrow. 

 

"Well, this one's tough." the other girl answered, gesturing towards Wendy. "It's been 30 minutes and I can't even see fear in her!"

 

True enough, Wendy is not scared. All they do is physical damage and although Wendy admits that it hurts, they won't scare her off.

 

"Ugh! Screw this! Give me that." Jimin said angrily, taking the baseball bat from the girl's hand.

 

"Yah, you!" Jimin approached Wendy, and the latter can tell that the girl is getting impatient. "You really won't leave the Queens, huh?"

 

Wendy shakes her head.

 

"I'm gonna give you one last time to change your mind. Otherwise, I'm gonna hit you with this bat!" Jimin threatened.

 

Wendy sighs. "Please, just stop this?"

 

"Then say you'll leave our Queens!"

 

Wendy answered with a weak 'No'.

 

"Fine! You're asking for it!" Jimin said as she swung the bat.

 

Wendy closed her eyes, bracing herself for the impact. However, no pain came. Instead, Wendy heard loud gasps. Curiously, Wendy opened her eyes and to her utter surprise, Irene is standing in front of her, the Queen's hand gripping tightly on the baseball bat that will supposedly be used to hit her. 

 

Wendy felt like she was dreaming. Nonetheless, a feeling of relief washed over her. Joohyun unnie is here.

 

In an instant, Seulgi, Joy, and Yeri were also on her side, untying the rope on her.

 

"Are you okay, Wendy?" Seulgi whispered, to which Wendy answered with a nod.

 

"Q-Q-Queen B-Bae."

 

Wendy's heard the stutter. She turned her attention in front of her and she almost felt bad for how her attackers were literally shivering in fear.

 

Irene harshly drops the bat on her hand, making the girl Jimin and the rest of the girls to flinch.

 

Irene hasn't said a word yet but Wendy can see from Irene's back that the older girl is shaking, her fists are tightly closed.

 

Wendy was distracted for a while when Joy touched her arm, assisting her to stand. "Are you sure you're okay, unnie?" Joy asked as she removed her jacket and draped it into Wendy's back.

 

Wendy gave a weak smile. "I'm okay, Sooyoung-ah."

 

"Sooyoung, Yerim."

 

Wendy flinched as she heard Irene's voice. Suddenly, she didn't know if she's shivering because of the cold or because of the aura that Irene is exuding right now.

 

"Un-unnie." She called out, but Irene didn't turn to look at her.

 

"Take Seungwan to the hospital."

 

Wendy was worried. She can feel Irene's anger by the way the girl speaks, but Irene won't even look at her.

 

"Let's go, unnie." Yeri said, supporting her, while Joy positioned on her other side.

 

But Wendy won't move. She can't move. She wants to talk to Irene. She's afraid of what might happen once she leaves.

 

"Unnie.." Wendy called out again.

 

"Unnie, c'mon." It was Joy this time. "Let Joohyun unnie be. Seulgi unnie will be with her. Don't worry." 

 

But Wendy was not convinced. This is the first time she saw Irene like this. Maybe it would be more acceptable for her if Irene would just scream and threaten the girls like what she usually does. But Irene won't even say anything, she just keeps glaring hard at the group of scared girls in front of her, and she's shaking in anger. Wendy was sure of it.

 

Wendy was afraid of what might happen, of what Irene might do. She was afraid the older girl might get hurt in the process.

 

Wendy decided to move, but not towards the direction Joy and Yeri were telling her. Wendy walks in front of Irene and faces the older girl.

 

"Seungwan. Move."

 

Chills run down Wendy's spine. Irene speaks with such venom. 

 

"Unnie.. Please." Wendy said, a hand on Irene's cheek. "You promised."

 

Wendy's touch and the unmistakably quiver in her voice seemed to reach Irene. Wendy gave a small smile as Irene finally looked at her. That's when Irene remembered the promise she made to Wendy. No more fights.

 

"But.." Irene wanted to argue. How can I let this go? What they did to Seungwan is unacceptable so how can I let this go?? But Wendy was looking at her with such faith in her eyes. The younger girl is having faith in her that she'll keep her promise.

 

Irene closed her fist once more in a tight manner, and sighed defeatedly. She held Wendy's arm and made the younger girl stand behind her.

 

"You all listen very carefully." Irene addressed Wendy's attackers with coldness in her voice. Some quivers in fear, some even move backwards.

 

"What you did today was unforgivable. And if it were just me, I might be close to killing you all right now."

 

Collective gasps were heard from the girls, some even fell on their knees in fear.

 

"But I made a promise to my girlfriend. And I don't want to hurt her by breaking that promise."

 

Wendy swears her heart skipped a beat. Irene was speaking in such seriousness but her words touched Wendy.

 

"But as much as I think that it's unfair," Irene continued. "I'll pretend this didn't happen and I'll let you all go."

 

The girls cry in tears of relief. "Thank you, thank-"

 

"BUT." Irene interjected. "I expect that you'll learn your lesson and you'll leave Wendy alone. Because the next time something like this happens, rest assured that I will not stand and do nothing." Irene speaks her next words firmly and threateningly. "Do this again, hurt my girlfriend again, and I promised you, all of you won't be able to walk again. Understand?"

 

"Y-yes, Queen Bae." the girls answered with obvious fear in their eyes.

 

"Now get out of here before I change my mind!" 

 

The girls scrambled to get out of there as immediately as they can. 

 

Irene turned her back to them and faced Wendy. "Are you okay? Can you walk?"

 

Wendy smiled and nodded.

 

Irene sighed in relief. She held Wendy's arm and supported the latter as they walked away from the scene.


 

Irene wanted to bring Wendy to the hospital but the latter insisted that her wounds are only superficial and that there's no need to be treated in the hospital. After some convincing, Irene finally agreed. They went straight to the Queens' lounge instead and called the university doctor to come and examine Wendy. There were some scratches on her neck and arms, and her face has bruises that would eventually heal.

 

Once the doctor was done, Wendy took a bath first to clean herself up. Her whole body aches but still, she was thankful that there are no broken bones or anything like that.

 

Irene patiently waited just outside the bathroom, and when Wendy was done, she guided the younger girl towards the sofa, Irene's arm on the younger girl's waist. This made Wendy chuckles.

 

"Unnie, I can walk on my own."

 

"I know, but just to be sure."

 

"Where's the girls though?" Wendy asked as she noticed that only her and Irene were in the room.

 

"They're buying foods and medicines for you."

 

"Oh, but they don't have to."

 

"It's fine." Irene answered. They sit on the sofa and Irene takes the ice pack on the table to apply it on Wendy's bruises.

 

"It's okay, unnie. I can do it. Let me."

 

"Seungwan." Irene called and Wendy was surprised by the serious tone.

 

"Unnie?"

 

"Will you please let us, let me, take care of you?" Irene asked, sighing. "I already feel bad for letting this happen to you. The least I can do is to take care of you."

 

"Unnie, it's not your fault. Please don't think that way?"

 

"No. I should have foreseen this. Ugh! How can I let this happen!"

 

"Unnie, hey." Wendy rubs Irene's shoulder to calm the latter. "It's not your fault. In fact, you came just in time. I was mentally screaming in joy when I saw you, you know?" Wendy smiled, trying to lift Irene's mood. "Thank you unnie. For being there."

 

Irene gave a small smile and pats Wendy's head. "I'm sorry I was late."

 

Wendy shakes her head. "You're just in time, unnie. Besides, you were-" Wendy's eyes widened. "Wait! Oh my gosh, unnie!"

 

"What? What happened, Seungwan? Are you okay? Why?"

 

Wendy felt Irene's forehead with her palm. "You're sick, unnie. Are you feeling okay? You're still a bit warm."

 

Irene, who seemed to be taken aback, just stares at Wendy. This made the younger girl worried. "Unnie? Are you okay?"

 

Irene caressed Wendy's cheek. "Why do you always worry about others when you should be worrying about yourself first?" Irene gave a small smile.

 

"But.."

 

"I'm fine now, Seungwan-ah." Irene gave a small smile. "So don't worry about me and just think about yourself first, hm?"

 

"Okay, unnie." Wendy grins.

 

Irene started applying the ice pack gently on Wendy's bruises. "Is this okay? Does it hurt?"

 

"It's just cold, unnie." Wendy smiled, assuring Irene. "Oh and by the way. Thank you, unnie."

 

"Hm? For what?"

 

"For keeping your promise."

 

"I'm starting to regret it, you know. Seeing you like this," Irene sighs. "I can't believe I let them go just like that. I should have just punished them for what they did to you. Ugh! Why did I even think that letting them go was the right thing to do?" 

 

Wendy chuckled. "Because it really was the right thing to do, unnie. Besides, you looked cool earlier, unnie."

 

"I am always cool."

 

Wendy laughs. "Okay, cool Joohyun unnie."

 

Irene smiles in return. She continues to tend to Wendy's wound. "Are you sure you're okay though, Seungwan? Your cheeks look bad." Irene frowns. "Just how many times did they hit you? Ugh!"

 

"Unnie.." Wendy smiles at Irene in an attempt to calm the latter. "It's okay. What is done is done. Let's just forget about this day, hm?"

 

Irene sighs. "But how can you be so passive about this? Aren't you even angry?"

 

Wendy thought for a while before she shook her head. "I think I pity them more, unnie."

 

"What? How can you even take pity on them?"

 

"Well, because they want your attention so much that it blinds them on what is right and what is not. And it shouldn't be the case, right? But for them, it is."

 

Irene shakes her head. "You're too kind for your own good, Seungwan-ah. What do I do with you?"

 

"But, what's wrong with that, unnie?"

 

"There's nothing wrong with being kind, Seungwan. But it becomes wrong when people abuse you because of your kindness." Irene sighs. "Seungwan? Can you just promise me one thing?"

 

"Oh, what is it, unnie?"

 

"I don't want this to happen to you again. Because if it does, I don't know what I can do to those who'll hurt you. And I know you hate violence, you hate fights. But can you just promise me that you'll fight back at least for yourself? Don't let them step down on you, Seungwan-ah. At least defend yourself, please?"

 

Wendy saw the worry in Irene's eyes and she didn't want to further worry the Queen. Wendy nodded. "I promise, unnie. And, I'm sorry."

 

"Hey, there's nothing to be sorry about." Irene answered as she gently brushed Wendy's cheek with her thumb. "I should actually be the one to say sorry, Seungwan. I'm sorry that I wasn't there when you needed me."

 

"What? That's not true, unnie." Wendy argued. "You came right on time just when I needed you. And I couldn't be more grateful for that, unnie. Thank you." Wendy then remembered something. "Oh, that reminds me, unnie. How did you know I needed help? I'm sure Seulgi and the others have already left by then."

 

"Well, it's.." Irene hesitated. "It's my dad. He called me."

 

Wendy was surprised. "Your father?"

 

"Well, apparently, he has some contacts here in the university who will sometimes update him about what's going on here."

 

Oh right. I almost forgot that Joohyun unnie's family owns the school

 

"So this one contact, who I assume is one of your professors, called my dad to update him about something and then, my dad asked about how you're doing." 

 

"What? Me?"

 

"Yeah. Fortunately, this contact said he saw you with these two girls whom he is sure are one of our so-called supporters." Irene said, rolling her eyes in irritation. "Then he noticed that you're not in class, which is unusual. So dad kinda put two and two together and he called me to confirm his assumption. When I called you, you were not answering so it got us worried and we went here immediately." 

 

"Oh, then I have to thank your father too. His timing was so on point."

 

"Well, yeah." Irene shrugged. "And by the way, he wanted me to tell you that you two still have a game to finish."

 

"Oh that's right." Wendy grins. "So he'll come home again?"

 

"I don't know. Just don't expect anything from him."

 

"Aren't you, unnie?"

 

Irene gave a shrug, deciding not to answer. She brushed the corner of Wendy's lips where a bruise could be seen. Wendy blushed at the contact but she didn't have time to think about it as she noticed that Irene was looking at her wound worriedly.

 

"I told you I'll protect you and yet.."

 

"You protected me well enough, unnie." Wendy smiled, assuring Irene.

 

Irene hugs Wendy, surprising the latter. "I love you, Seungwan-ah. I won't let anything bad happen to you again."

 

Wendy returns the hug and rubs Irene's back. "Thank you, unnie."

 

"Oh my goodness!" Yeri's voice echoed, surprising the two. "Why do I always catch you two on the verge of doing something naughty?"

 

"Yah, you green minded kid! We're not doing anything!"

 

"Yeah, yeah." Yeri dismissed Irene's answer with a wave of a hand. She approached the two and gave Wendy a paper bag.

 

"Are you okay, unnie? Here's an ointment for your wound, unnie. There's a pain reliever too."

 

"Oh, thanks guys. And yeah, I'm okay."

 

"You better be, unnie. If not," Yeri faked a shudder. "I'll pray for the souls of those girls."

 

Wendy raised a brow. "Why?"

 

"Joohyun unnie won't let them get away with it, of course." Joy joined the conversation. "Both her and Seulgi unnie are black belters in taekwando. They mastered martial arts in general."

 

"Wait so, you were really planning to get physical earlier?" Wendy asked, more on Irene.

 

"Well," it was Yeri who answered. "When Joohyun unnie said they'll not be able to walk again, she didn't mean it as a threat. She meant that literally."

 

"Wha- But that's dangerous, unnie."

 

Irene dismissed it with a shrug. "It's their fault."

 

"Yeah, and besides, these two unnies are real badasses. They're monsters." Yeri said with a proud grin.

 

"Though I might say, I liked how you handled them earlier, unnie." Seulgi chipped in.

 

"Oh, right." Yeri agreed. "You're way cooler, unnie. Although.."

 

Irene raised an eyebrow, waiting for Yeri to continue.

 

"You're whipped."

 

"Yah!" Irene playfully throws to Yeri the ice bag she's holding only for the youngest girl to catch it. She stuck her tongue out at the leader, earning a laugh from the rest of the girls.



**
 

"Here's all the things and foods you asked for, unnie." Seulgi handed Irene a large paper bag from the window of her car. 

 

"Thanks, Seul." Irene peeked inside the car and addressed her friends. "Drive home safely, okay?"

 

Seulgi nodded with a thumbs up.

 

"Oh and unnie," Yeri looked at Irene mischievously. "I'm expecting to be a godmother after today."

 

"What? What are you talking about?"

 

Joy laughs. "Unnie, Yerim is saying to go and make babies with Wendy unnie!"

 

"Yah!" Irene can feel her cheeks getting hot. "Seungwan is tired, you know. She had a long day. She's still recovering."

 

"Ooh.. So if Wendy unnie isn't, you'll go for it? Is that what you're saying, unnie?" Yeri teased.

 

"What? No!" Irene was flustered as she realized her words. "I'll stay here to take care of her, okay? I am not gonna take advantage of- wait, why am I even having these kinds of conversations with you guys, ugh!"

 

The three girls laugh seeing their unnie getting flustered and all.

 

"We're just joking, unnie." Joy said, chuckling. "And I don't know what it is with you two. Just last night, Wendy unnie was at your house, taking care of you. And today, you're at Wendy unnie's apartment to take care of her." Joy laughs. "That's sickeningly sweet, unnie."

 

"Yeah. That's why I'm telling Joohyun unnie here to make babies already." Yeri teased further.

 

"Ugh, whatever!" Irene rolled her eyes at the teasing. "Go home you kids! I'll go in now."

 

The three girls in the car laughed once more before they bid their goodbyes and drove off.

 

Irene decided to stay at Wendy's apartment for the weekends to take care of Wendy. Wendy rejected the idea at first, saying that she's fine and that Irene still needs to rest as she just came from a fever. But of course, the Queen won't listen. Irene was feeling half guilty for what happened to Wendy, and half worried that some girls from earlier might get back at Wendy, considering that the latter's apartment is not too far from the university.

 

"Hey, what are you doing?" Irene asked as she walked in and saw Wendy setting up the table. "I'll do that. Go rest in the living room. I'll call you when I'm done."

 

"No, I'll help you, unnie." Wendy argued. "In case you forgot, you've just been sick too. In fact, you still should be resting now."

 

"But you-"

 

"Unnie, we both need rest. So let's just do this together so we'll finish more quickly, yeah?"

 

"Fine, okay." Irene thought Wendy had a point.

 

After eating and washing the dishes, the two decided to call it a day since both are tired from today's events, especially Wendy who felt like her body was aching all over. 

 

Wendy was the first to lie down on the bed. Unconsciously, she moved to the other end of the bed, making space for Irene.

 

"Uhh.."

 

"Yes, unnie?" Wendy asked as she saw Irene's hesitation and slightly reddened face.

 

"Uhh.. Are you telling me to.. Sleep beside you.. on the same bed?" 

 

And that's when Wendy realized what she did. Surely, it looks like it and honestly, without even thinking much about it, that's what Wendy thought.

 

"Oh, uh, well.. If.. If only you're comfortable with it, unnie?" Wendy can feel herself blushing in embarrassment. "I- I mean, the bed is spacious enough but uh, if you're not comfortable with sharing bed with someone then I can just-"

 

Wendy was not able to finish her sentence as Irene climbed on the bed and lay down beside her.

 

"I'm.. I'm okay with it, of course." Irene said, trying to act nonchalant about it when in fact, she wanted to fan herself because of how hot her cheeks felt right now.

 

"Oh, right." Wendy blushed just as hard. "So uh, I'll turn off this light, okay unnie?"

 

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, go ahead." 



 

"Seungwan?" Irene called out in the dark after a few minutes of silence. She can still feel movements from the girl beside her. "You can't sleep?"

 

"Oh Uhm, yeah."

 

"Why? Are you in pain?"

 

"N-no, unnie."

 

"Are you okay, then?"

 

"I, uh, I guess, unnie? Why?"

 

"Well, what happened to you earlier must be terrifying. It can even be traumatic for some. But you've been so tough all throughout the day and I can't help but worry if you're really okay." 

 

"I.. Honestly, unnie? At first I was even surprised at myself because I didn't feel scared at them. But then I realized that maybe, I was that scared to the point where my mind just shut down and couldn't even think of any emotions, even fear itself." Wendy chuckled. "But when I saw you, unnie, I felt immense relief. My mind can think again, and that's when it occurred to me that I was scared, unnie." 

 

Irene intertwined Wendy's hand on her own.

 

"Why didn't you say anything?"

 

"I just don't want to worry you, unnie. Besides, all ends well."

 

"Still, you don't have to act tough all the time, Seungwan. Especially with me. It's okay to be scared, it's okay to admit that you're not okay. Wouldn't it be more worrying if someone is acting strong all the time?" 

 

"I... Yeah, I guess, you're right, unnie."

 

"So, don't hold back on me, okay?"

 

"Yes." Wendy smiled. "Thank you, unnie." 

 

Irene squeezed Wendy's hand. "Now let's take a rest hm? Goodnight, Seungwan."

 

"Goodnight, unnie."



**

Wendy was the first to wake up. As she opens her eyes, the first thing she sees is Irene's sleeping face. Wendy realized that maybe in the middle of their sleep, both turned to their sides so it ended up with them facing each other. As Wendy looks at Irene, the younger girl can't help but to stare and admire the older's features.

 

Unconsciously, Wendy finds herself smiling. Carefully, she brushes Irene's bangs to the side. "You're so beautiful even in your sleep, unnie. I think I can stare at you all day." 

 

"Well, thank you, Seungwan."

 

Wendy's eyes widened as Irene opened her eyes and grins at her. In shock, Wendy moves backward until her body can't feel the bed anymore and she falls off the bed.

 

"Ow."

 

"Omo, Seungwan-ah. Are you okay?" Irene hurriedly got off the bed and rushed to Wendy's side.

 

Wendy sat up. "Yah, you surprised me, unnie. I didn't know you're awake."

 

"Well, I just woke up when I felt you touching my bangs."

 

"Wha- why didn't you say anything then?"

 

"I was about to open my eyes and greet you good morning but you suddenly talked and called me beautiful."

 

"I- I uh, well.."

 

Irene laughs at Wendy's stuttering. "No need to be shy, Seungwan-ah." She cooed as she pats Wendy's head. "There's nothing to be shy about with complimenting your girlfriend you know?"

 

"Yah, unnie!"

 

"Or should I have pretended to be asleep all day long so you can stare at me?"

 

"Oh my gosh, I'm not hearing the end of this, am I?"

 

Needless to say, their morning was filled with Irene's laughter and a red faced Wendy.