Prologue

My Girl

PROLOGUE

 

“Sophomore year, here we go!”

Wendy encourages herself as she enters the campus. Today is the first day of the school year and Wendy’s first day as a sophomore university student.

She hasn’t been able to walk far ahead when she heard the loud cheers and screams of her fellow university students, majority of which are running towards the gate. Wendy, despite knowing already the cause of this commotion, still can’t help to turn back and take a look.

Here comes The Queens.

A luxurious car was parked at the entrance of the campus. Several students are lined up at each side of the gate, waiting for the passengers inside the car while making sure that they are not blocking the pathway.

First to get out of the car are the maknaes of the group, Kim Yerim followed by Park Sooyoung, known to the students as Joy. They are both incoming freshmen but the students of the university know them already since even during their high school year, the two maknaes frequently visit the university to hang out with their two unnies. High school students are really not allowed inside the university if they have no important business inside, but the school rules don’t apply to these four so called “Queens”. Their parents are basically the founder and owner of the university so these Queens make the rules, and everyone in the university knows that. 

Almost all the students, girls and boys, follow the Queens like servants. But there are also some students who choose not to meddle with them. One of those few students, is Wendy. During her freshman year, she was able to lead a quiet life and that is still what she’s planning to have until she graduates. 

So technically speaking, Wendy doesn’t know any of these Queens personally. She will see them at the campus once in a while, and most often, she’ll hear rumors about them. But that’s about it. So, Wendy doesn’t really know them but from what she sees, these Joy and Yeri are the prankster of the group, the life of the party. Wendy would always hear them laughing and teasing their unnies whenever she managed to quietly passed by their table at the cafeteria.

Third to get off the car is Kang Seulgi. Seulgi is also a sophomore student now, just like Wendy. Among the four Queens, Seulgi is the one that Wendy sees the most. It’s because they belong to the same category of majors. Wendy majors in music while Seulgi majors in dance. If she’ll only based it on first impressions, Wendy will say that Seulgi is quiet and kind. Not to mention, Seulgi is not only popular because she’s part of the Queens, but also because she is the president of the university’s multi-awarded glee club, the “Rookie”.

Finally, the last to leave the car and the one who receives the most cheer is none other than the leader of the Queens, Bae Joohyun, but for the students, it’s Irene. The students most often refer to Irene as a Goddess, and Wendy couldn’t agree more, even she believes that Irene is really pretty. However, contrary to having a face of the Goddess, she’s someone that every person (including teachers and board members) in the school fears. Irene is the one no one wants to messed with, her words are the law. Just last year, during Wendy’s freshman year, a total of 50 students and teachers have been kicked out, all because of Irene. Despite this, many students still follow her. Guys, and most especially girls, serve her. If someone messes with Irene, these “servants” will deal with that person and will make that person’s university life a living hell. These so-called servants do this because they want to be on the Queens’ good side, and most importantly, they want to have a chance with the leader of the Queen herself, THE Bae Irene who flirts with everyone who came to her and who dumps anyone just because she feels like it. From what Wendy knows, Irene haven’t had a relationship which lasted for more than a hundred days.

All in all, Wendy thinks that these Queens are bad news. So, in order to graduate peacefully, she doesn’t want anything to do with any of the Queens. And with that, she continues to walk away from the crowd, choosing to head to her first class.

That’s right, Son Seungwan. Stay away from the Queens.

 

But oh girl, fate has a different plan.