My Summer Love

MiChaeng One-Shots

One summer, Mina's parents decided to bring her along to her grandparents house, away from the city of Seoul. It was their hardest measure just to stop Mina from focusing on her gadgets, games and social media apps. Her parents wants her to go out and experience the fresh air and green nature, basically to socialize with others.

 

 

Throughout the whole ride, Mina was just listening music from her ipod and trying to sleep all her anger. She stopped using her phone because the signal became bad once they entered the road full of trees which made her more upset.

 

 

"Mina, wake up and try to appreciate your surroundings. You can't see sceneries like this in Seoul" her mom nagged at her.

 

 

Mina sighed and opened her eyes and looked out the window. It was true, she had never seen such scene before. The green leaves of trees were swaying from the cool breeze of wind. Birds flying and the sky was so blue. It was such an awe for Mina and she can't help but to smile a little.

 

 

"We're almost there" her dad announced and Mina sat up straight and rolled down the window. She could already saw a big house in a distance.

 

 

As she was looking out the window, her eyes caught two girls who's bringing to baskets full of strawberries. They were both short in height, one has lighter skin than the other. When their car passed by them, the girl with a bob cut stopped on the sidewalk and watched them. Their eyes caught each other.

 

 

"Welcome home my son and my daughter" Mina's grandmom greeted and hugged her parents. "I'm glad that you decided to visit me again"

 

 

"Of course mom, we promised right? And look who we brought with us.." Mina's mom held her at the back to guide her in front of her grandmom. "Your favorite grandchild.. go on Mina, greet your grandmom"

 

 

Mina stepped forward and bowed at her. "Hello grandmom, it's nice to see you"

 

 

"Oh! Mina!" she quickly hugged her and kissed Mina's forehead. "You're already a lady. I thought you won't ever come to see me here"

 

 

"I'm sorry.."

 

 

"No worries! Come on let's get inside so you all can rest, I know you're tired"

 

 

Mina came back to their car first to get her bag. When she's about to walk to the house, she almost bumped to someone. It was the girl with a bobbed cut hair and she's alone.

 

 

"Oops! Careful.." she said as she held Mina's arm lightly. Mina stared at her with furrowed brows but she just smiled at her. "Are you Madam Myoui's granddaughter?"

 

 

"Excuse me.." she tugged back her arm and raised an eyebrow on her. "I don't talk to strangers"

 

 

Mina walked out and leave the girl behind. Until she spoke again that made Mina stop on her tracks. "I'm Chaeyoung! There, I'm not a stranger anymore. May I know your name?"

 

 

Mina looked back at her in awe. She scoffed and rolled her eyes at her before walking away again.

 

 

"The audacity to talk to me!" she grumbled in her upset tone.

 

 

They will stay there for two months, as what Mina's mom said but Mina is not even sure if she can survive for that two months. She already spent a whole week just hanging out in her room and talking to her bestfriend, Sana. Mina and her mom would fight everyday because of that, making her days there even worse.

 

 

"Sana, I swear! I really want to go back to Seoul.. my mom is getting on my nerves everyday" Mina sighed as she lay down on her bed. "And I also miss the party life, I can't even use my Instagram!"

 

 

"Calm down, girl.. you know you can't do anything about that so just enjoy it" Sana's advice but Mina just rolled her eyes.

 

 

"How can I-" her words were cut off by the loud knock on her door. "Ohmy God! My mom is here again. I'll hang up first"

 

 

"Alright! Enjoy the farm life, Minari~" Sana chuckled and Mina annoyingly ended the call.

 

 

"Myoui Mina open the door!"

 

 

"Mom can you wait please?! I just woke up!" she clearly lied. She's stomping as she walked by the door and opened it. "Mom I told you I won't go out!"

 

 

Mina's eyes widened when she realized that there's another person standing behind her mom. She remembered how she looked right now and quickly closed the door. She ran to her vanity mirror and brush her hair, checked her face before opening the door again with her already anry mom.

 

 

"When did you got so rude like this, Mina?!"

 

 

"I'm sorry mom, I told you I just already woke up. And there's... another person here" she glanced at Chaeyoung who's smiling widely at her.

 

 

"Enough of that attitude! You're going out whether you like it or not"

 

 

"But Mom! Where do you expect me to go?! I don't even know a single place here" she crossed her arms and her mom was just controlling her anger right now.

 

 

"Who said you're going alone? Chaeyoung here.." and her mom pointed at the girl. "will tour you around"

 

 

"What?!" Mina shouted and looked at Chaeyoung and her mom in disbelief. "You're really trusting your daughter with a stranger?! Really mommy?!"

 

 

"Mina.. she's not a stranger" Mina fixed her posture and stood politely when her grandma suddenly butted in. "Chaeyoung is the daughter of one of my most trusted staff here, who's serving for me for decades now. She basically grew up here so she'll be the most perfect tour guide for you"

 

 

"Chaeyoung, this is my daughter Mina" Mina's mom introduced the girl. "Mina, this is Chaeyoung, and I hope you'll be a good girl to her since she'll be in charge of touring you... everyday"

 

 

Mina was shocked with everything her mom had planned. But she can't do anything, not with her grandma also being here. And she's clearly trusting this Chaeyoung.

 

 

"Good morning, Miss Mina" Chaeyoung greeted, that annoying smile still plastered on her face.

 

 

"Morning" Mina tried not to sound so irritated, trying to look as polite as possible. "Alright mom, you win. Wait for me downstairs I'll just take a bath"

 

 

After almost an hour of waiting, Mina already arrived at the garden where Chaeyoung was waiting for her. She's wearing a floral dress and a heels. Chaeyoung looked at her from head to toe and stiffled her laugh. But deep inside, she's feeling giddy because Mina is so beautiful in her eyes.

 

 

"What are you laughing at?!" Mina asked angrily as she removed her sunglasses.

 

 

"Oh.. nothing. I just want to ask you if you're sure that you'll be wearing that today?"

 

 

Mina looked down at her outfit and raised her brows at Chaeyoung. "Of course, I'm sure! Do you have a problem with it?!"

 

 

"Okay.. then let's go"

 

 

Their first destination as what Mina's grandma suggested is to the farm. It's where various fruits are planted and Chaeyoung's parents are the one who's managing it. The road is so rocky, Chaeyoung is walking first while Mina is lagging behind her. She looked back at her and she could see how she's struggling with every step she make.

 

 

"God this rocks!" Mina whined. "Why didn't you tell me we're walking on this rocky path?!"

 

 

"Don't blame me, Miss Mina. Remember that I asked you right?" she chuckled but she received a death glare from Mina.

 

 

Chaeyoung held out her hand in front of Mina. She looked at it and back to Chaeyoung, confusion was written in her eyes.

 

 

"What?!"

 

 

"Come on, hold it. So you can walk properly"

 

 

Mina got speechless and just stared at her blankly. "Are you insane?! Why would I hold your hand?"

 

 

Chaeyoung laughed again and shrugged. "Okay, if you don't like then fine. Just walk in front of me so I could see you"

 

 

Mina snickered and walked angrily as Chaeyoung watched behind her back. She was clearly proving that she could walk properly on her own but failed miserably when she suddenly stepped on a rock and almost fell on the ground.

 

 

Chaeyoung hurriedly held her by the waist as Mina screamed loudly. She closed her eyes tightly waiting to feel the hard ground but opened it when she felt a soft body against her instead. They locked eyes as Chaeyoung was still holding her gently. Mina could feel her heart beating so fast, wasn't even sure if it's because of the sudden shock or the girl holding her.

 

 

As soon as she realized it, Mina quickly stood up and coughed awkwardly. She looked away as she fixed her hair and dress.

 

 

"Are you still not gonna hold it? Or do you really want to kiss the ground?" Chaeyoung teased as she held out her hand once again.

 

 

Mina shyly placed her hand onto her, she could feel her cheeks heating up. "Stop staring at me and stop the teasing. Let's go!"

 

 

Chaeyoung successfully shown and toured Mina to the whole farm. She safely returned her to her grandmother's home before it got too dark. Mina's mom thanked her a lot and also apologized for Mina's attitude. It was true that at first, Mina was hard to handle but Chaeyoung doesn't even know why she don't even mind it. In fact, she still find her cute and pretty. Chaeyoung didn't feel this happy just by spending a whole day together with Mina, and she's honestly looking forward to a lot more.

 

 

"So I heard that you're some tourguide for the grandchild of Madam Myoui" Dahyun said while they were picking strawberries. "Is this why you're so happy these past days?"

 

 

"Huh? What are you saying? Of course I'm happy because.. it's a new paid work"

 

 

"Really, Son Chaeyoung? because my hunch is telling me otherwise"

 

 

Chaeyoung looked at Dahyun with furrowed brows. "You're not making any sense. Okay, tell me, what is your hunch telling you?"

 

 

"Hmm.. that you've got yourself a crush" then Dahyun sighed and turned back at her. "But sadly, she's beyond your reach. Off... limits"

 

 

What Dahyun said bothered Chaeyoung for a couple of days. She and Mina had been hanging out for three weeks now and she'd be lying if she'll say that she doesn't like her. It's true, Chaeyoung really like Mina, like a lot. Since the first day their eyes locked on each other when she passed by inside their car.

 

 

"Hello! Earth to Chaeyoung!" Mina snapped in front of her face and Chaeyoung blinked fast.

 

 

"Huh? Are you saying something?"

 

 

"Wow, you're really not even listening to me. What are you thinking about?" Mina crossed her arms at her, clearly sulking.

 

 

Chaeyoung would admit that she can feel that they got a lot closer than before. Mina's still giving her the attitude but right now, it's just looking like a great facade to hide her shyness and when she blush sometimes. Chaeyoung can't really read Mina and her real feelings towards her, she's really giving her mixed signal. Another reason why she's hesitant if she should continue this feelings she's developing for Mina or not.

 

 

"I'm sorry.. and I'm just thinking about you"

 

 

Mina stared at her, lips slightly apart. Even with the sun already setting, Chaeyoung couldstill clearly see the hot pink on Mina's cheeks.

 

 

"W-what?! I'm just here and you still thinking about me? Don't joke around, Chaeyoung"

 

 

"I'm not joking around. I'm really thinking about you.." Chaeyoung slowly walked up to Mina who's sitting on a hammock under a big tree. "and if I should confess about my feelings for you or not"

 

 

"Chaeyoung.. what are you s-saying?"

 

 

Chaeyoung bend down so she could be on Mina's eye level. Mina moved her face back a little, slightly startled. "What I'm saying is..."

 

 

"I like you, Mina"

 

 

Ever since that day when Chaeyoung confessed, Mina avoided her for about a week. Mina's mom said that Mina was sick, or that's what she's just reasoning out to everyone including her just so they won't see each other.

 

 

"Mina, are you still avoiding the girl you told me about?" Sana asked as Mina was back to her routine of calling Sana for the whole week.

 

 

"I'm not avoiding her. I'm sick!"

 

 

"Wow you really dared to lie to me? Me, Mina? Your bestfriend whom you always talked to about that girl. What's her name again? Chaeryoung? Seyoung?"

 

 

"Gosh, it's Chaeyoung!" Mina comb her hair in frustration. "Okay yes I'm avoiding her because.. I don't know! What should I do after she boldly told me that she likes me?!"

 

 

"I didn't know you're this dumb, Mina" Sana chuckled. "Obviously, you go and talk to her and explain that you ghosted her for a week because you're still in denial that the feeling is mutual! You !"

 

 

Mina must be really dumb because she's here, sitting at the hammock, patiently waiting for someone she ditched for a whole week. Hoping that she could miraculously see her passing by. It was already getting dark, and there's still no Chaeyoung. Mosquitoes are already feasting on her but she still decided to wait a little bit. Minutes passed as she was about to gave up, she heard indistinct voices from afar. And she wasn't wrong, there's Chaeyoung with the light-skinned girl.

 

 

"Mina?" she heard Chaeyoung called her. "What are you doing there? It's getting dark already!"

 

 

"I.. uh- I'm waiting for.. you" Mina shyly said as she stood up.

 

 

"What?! You could've just tell someone to call me and I'll be the one to go to your mansion"

 

 

Mina didn't answer because she doesn't even know what to say, and she's shy because there's another person here.

 

 

"Chaeng, I think I'll go first.. you should walk with Miss Mina back to their mansion"

 

 

Mina saw Chaeyoung nodded at the other girl before it walked away. Chaeyoung then held her hand and slightly dragged her.

 

 

"Come on.. I'll take you home" her voice were colder but Mina could still hear the sincerity of her concern.

 

 

"Chaeyoung wait!" Mina stopped and Chaeyoung looked at her. "I have to tell you something.."

 

 

Chaeyoung stared at her and sighed. "Are you going to reject me? No need to say it Mina, I already knew it. That whole hell week was a clear answer to me"

 

 

"What?! No! That's not what I-"

 

 

"Mina, please.. come on I'll take you home it's getting dark. Your parents might be worried already"

 

 

"Son Chaeyoung can you just shut up and listen to me!" Mina shouted which startled Chaeyoung. "Okay, good. Now that you shut up already, hear me out. First, I am so sorry that I somewhat ghosted you for a whole week. I just.. I wasn't sure what to feel when you confessed. It's the first time a girl clearly said that she likes me, okay? So yeah, I had to sort it out and digest it fully"

 

 

Chaeyoung felt guilty at that. She didn't think about Mina's feelings and just clearly focused on her own. "Mina, I'm sorry-"

 

 

"Shh! I'm not done!" Chaeyoung bit her lip to stop from talking. "And second, is that.. Chaeyoung, I like you too"

 

 

They both stared into each other's eyes, Mina was waiting for Chaeyoung's reaction but she was just dumbfounded in front of her. Chaeyoung blinked twice and walked to Mina, holding both of her hands.

 

 

"Can you... can you repeat it?"

 

 

Mina rolled her eyes playfully as she chuckled. "I like you too, "

 

 

Chaeyoung held Mina's face and pulled her in for a kiss. Mina widened her eyes by the sudden collision of their lips but closed it quickly once Chaeyoung moved her lips to kiss her passionately.

 

 

A month already passed, Mina and Chaeyoung continued their secret relationship and fell in love with each other more each day. Mina was happy, truly happy and so is Chaeyoung. But she can't help but to get sad because a new day is also a sign that she's leaving soon. They were basically counting the days thatare left for them to be on each other's arms.

 

 

It's so ironic for Mina on how she prayed when the first day she came here for the days to be quicker so that she could finally come back to Seoul. And now, she's praying for the opposite. She wants for days to be longer so that she could spend a lot of time with Chaeyoung.

 

 

"Babe, come on! I have to show you something" Chaeyoung cheerfully dragged Mina and they both ran, holding each other's hands.

 

 

"Where are you taking me? Stop running!" Mina was laughing and so is Chaeyoung.

 

 

"I need you to close your eyes" Chaeyoung said when they suddenly stopped running. Mina quickly closed her eyes and she felt Chaeyoung's hands on her waist, guiding her to walk. "Alright baby, open it"

 

 

Mina was left in awe when she saw a beautiful tree house. It was illuminated by white and gold lights and there's a wooden stair on it.

 

 

"Go on, climb first. I'll be behind you"

 

 

If the outside already looked magical for Mina, she was more amazed once she saw what's inside. There's a table with two chairs on it and a small bed. It was also designed by different ornaments.

 

 

"Wow... who's tree house is this?" Mina asked as she sat on the chair.

 

 

"Mine. My father built this for me since I was a kid and I just designed it now" Chaeyoung smiled at her.

 

 

"Really? Why did you suddenly bring me here then?"

 

 

"You see, I've always liked girls since then. And my parents, they accepted me for who I am. When my father built me this, I promised to myself that I'll bring here the girl that I'm sure I'll love for the rest of my life"

 

 

Mina was speechless, she's so moved by Chaeyoung's story about the tree house. She was about to cry and suddenly stood up to hug Chaeyoung.

 

 

"Baby... thank you"

 

 

"Shh.. don't cry. I just want you to know that I am really sure that you are that girl Mina" Chaeyoung held Mina's arm so she could look her in the eyes. "I love you, Mina.. I really love you"

 

 

"I love you, too, Chaeyoung..."

 

 

They spent the night at the tree house. A night full of love. Mina really trusted Chaeyoung and gave her everything she have. It's just that Chaeyoung gave her the assurance of the love that she'd been longing for.

 

 

"Mina! Chaeyoung!"

 

 

They were woken up by the loud commotion outside. Chaeyoung safely removed Mina's head away from her arm and looked out the window. Fear crawled on her skin when she saw that Mina's parents and grandma, her own parents, and Dahyun was outside.

 

 

And Dahyun, with sad eyes, mouthed "I'm sorry" to her.

 

 

" Chaeyoung.. what is it?" Mina asked in her still sleepy voice.

 

 

"Mina I'm so sorry.." Chaeyoung was really trembling in fear that Mina quickly sat up to calm her down. "I'm sorry baby.."

 

 

"Hey... it's okay. What are you sorry for? Calm down, babe"

 

 

"Mina! Come down here!" Mina widened her eyes when she heard her mom's voice. She gave a look at Chaeyoung but she's already on the verge of crying. And that's the moment that Mina understand what she meant.

 

 

"What's the meaning of this?! Why are two together?!" Mina's mom asked hysterically and pointed at Chaeyoung angrily. "And you! Don't you know how worried we are about Mina?! And you're just with her the whole night but didn't bother to take her home?!"

 

 

"Hon, calm down" Mina's father tried to interfere. "Come on, Mina. Let's go home"

 

 

"Mom! Dad! Stop overreacting please" Mina was really frustrated. "It's not Chaeyoung's fault, okay? It's mine, I insisted to not go home"

 

 

"We don't care who's fault it is! Just go home, Myoui Mina!" her mom was already so angry.

 

 

"No! I'll stay with Chaeyoung!" Mina held Chaeyoung's hand that made everyone gasped.

 

 

"Oh dear God! So it was true? Are you out of your mind Mina?!" Her grandma asked her in disbelief.

 

 

"I love Chaeyoung. We love each other. Your opinions won't matter to me!" Mina fought back.

 

 

Her mom then walked up to her and dragged her hard. "You are so going home, Mina! You're making such a disgrace in this family!"

 

 

"And you! You're not going to see our daughter ever again" Mina's father said in a stern voice.

 

 

"No, mom dad! Wait! Chaeyoung, baby, please! Come on fight for me!" Mina begged with tears in her eyes.

 

 

Chaeyoung watched her with blurry eyes, her heart was breaking too because God knows how she badly wants to fight for Mina. But as she watched her parents, worrying so much about her. Chaeyoung clearly knows what to do. This is between her selfishness and their family's future.

 

 

"Mina.." Chaeyoung tried to speak words behind her sobs. "Just go with them. It's for the better" and Chaeyoung knew that those hurting eyes of disappointment from Mina will haunt her forever.

 

 

Mina's parents were true to their words. The next day, Chaeyoung heard of the news that their already going back to Seoul. Even with her parents and Dahyun's strong disapproval, Chaeyoung still ran as fast as she could hoping thatshe could at least see Mina even for the last time.

 

 

Chaeyoung stood at the sidewalk where she stood the first time they both laid eyes on each other. A few minutes passed, the same familiar car passed by.

 

 

But this time, the windows weren't rolled down. All Chaeyoung could see was her own reflection. She failed to see the love of her life even for the last moment.

 

 

What she didn't know was Mina's mom locked all the windows when they saw Chaeyoung waiting. Mina tried so hard to look outside, just between those windows. And she saw the love of her life, crying at those sidewalk.

 

 

They both cried, because they know that their hearts were already left on someone they couldn't be with. Not at their own will.

 

 

But they could feel on each other's heart the silent promise they're both whispering.

 

 

Mina...

 

 

Chaeyoung...

 

 

You'll always be...

 

 

My summer love..