Lost and Found

MiChaeng One-Shots

"What?! Are you sure about that Sana? I thought there's no class!"

 

 

"I am so ing sure Mina!" she could hear Sana whispering on the other line. "Mr. Park is already on his way so you better get your off here or else you'll be late"

 

 

Mina groaned as she hurriedly fixed her school works laid on the table of the coffee shop she went to for her to study. As soon as she get a hold of it, even if it's all still messy, she quickly grabbed her bag and unfinished coffee. She almost ran on her way out and that caused her to bumped to a girl who's just entering the coffee shop.

 

 

"Oh my God! I'm really sorry I'm just in a hurry" Mina quickly apologized.

 

 

"No, no. It's okay don't worry"

 

 

"Sorry again" she bowed and ran off.

 

 

The girl watched Mina as she dashed like a speed of light and shook her head while smiling to herself. Well, she's cute.

 

 

"Hey, Chaeyoung! The usual?" Jeongyeon asked her who's already ordering. She nodded her head and looked for a vacant table.

 

 

There's only one but there's papers on top of it. Chaeyoung walked to that table and looked around to see if there's already other customers who reserved it but there's only Jeongyeon and another man who's ordering. And everyone else is settled on their own tables.

 

 

Chaeyoung picked up the papers to check it only to see that it's a school project. She already guessed that it's an important school work. As she read it more, Chaeyoung noticed that there's a name printed on it below.

 

 

"Myoui Mina..." she muttered as she reads it.

 

 

Chaeyoung looked outside, thinking. She's thinking about a possibility that she knows who Myoui Mina is.

 

 

"Can it really be that girl... who bumped on me?"

 

 

"Hey, why are you talking to yourself again?" Jeongyeon suddenly interrupted her as she gave her the coffee.

 

 

"I'm not"

 

 

"Yes you are. And what's that?" Jeongyeon pointed at the paper she's holding.

 

 

"Oh. Uh, nothing" Chaeyoung smiled at her and sipped on her coffee.

 

 

Chaeyoung is now in her room, lying on her bed while scrolling on her phone. Her mind couldn't stop thinking about the girl at the coffee shop and the papers that she found. Chaeyoung knew that at this time, the owner is already panicking for her project that she lost and to think that Chaeyoung has it, keeps on bugging her.

 

 

She bolted up from her bed and grabbed the papers that's on her bed side table. Chaeyoung already made up her mind, she's going to search for the owner on social media. This is what technology is for, right? To make life easier, to find persons you don't even know personally.

 

 

Chaeyoung opened her Instagram and typer 'Myoui Mina' at the search bar. Luckily, there's three people who matched the name. She started clicking the profiles to see who's account is she looking for but the first two looks like just a dummy account or maybe, accounts that passwords are already long forgotten.

 

 

As she clicked the last and third profile, she's already sure that it might be it. It's a private account but there's lots of followers and posts. Chaeyoung immediately followed it hoping that she'll accept her request quickly.

 

 

@myouimina 🔒

 

Sharon🐧

lost in the stars ✨ 

 

29posts        8,835followers       1,827following  

 

 

Chaeyoung decided to play one game while she's hopefully waiting for her follow request to get accepted tonight. And also, hoping that she got the right person. 

 

 

It's already ten in the evening, Chaeyoung already played two rounds of that mobile game. She was starting to get sleepy and also losing hope to get accepted tonight. Chaeyoung went to her bathroom to wash up quickly and when she get back to her bed, she saw a notification from her Instagram account.

 

 

@myouimina accepted your follow request 

 

 

Chaeyoung doesn't even know why her heart was beating so fast upong seeing it. She had to inhale a huge amount of air before opening the notification. Chaeyoung quickly clicked the message button but to only got stuck on what to say to her.

 

 

"Come on Chaeyoung! Why are you so nervous?! Just ask if she's the one you're looking for and be done with it!" she scold herself. Then she realized, Jeongyeon was right, she really has a habit of talking to herself.

 

 

It's now or never, that's what Chaeyoung told herself as she typed a message to this user.

 

 

Katarina: hey I know this is so random but I just want to ask if you perhaps lost a school project or.. something?

 

 

As Chaeyoung is waiting for a reply, she browsed Mina's profile hoping to see a picture of her but to her dismay, there's none.

 

 

"Guess she doesn't like taking selfies" she murmured.

 

 

There's only pictures of sceneries, foods, dogs, and one picture of her but just her shadow. Chaeyoung could tell how private person she is. After exactly five minutes, Chaeyoung finally got a reply.

 

 

Sharon: YES! Oh my God, is it with you? Can I get it? It's really important I need to pass that tomorrow afternoon ㅠㅠ

 

 

Katarina: Oh. I see. Glad I decided to look for you. It's with me, just tell me when and where do you want to get it.

 

 

Sharon: THANK YOU SO MUCH! REALLY. Are you free tomorrow morning?

 

 

Chaeyoung thought about her schedule for tomorrow and she remembered that she only has a 10am class.

 

 

Katarina: I have a class at ten so we can meet before that.

 

 

Sharon: Alright! I'm also free till nine. Let's meet at eight, on the same coffee shop where I left it.

 

 

Katarina: Okay. See you then.

 

 

Chaeyoung doesn't even know why she's smiling while typing it. Why she's feeling so giddy, nervous and at the same time, excited for tomorrow's meet up.

 

 

Sharon: Thank you again big time! See you. Good night! :)

 

 

Katarina: Good night! :)

 

 

Mina could already sleep at ease that night. Knowing that her project is in good hands and that she's about to get it tomorrow. She was going crazy the whole day because of it, even Sana and Momo already helped her to find it. Mina was already on the edge of giving up and getting herself ready for a failing grade on a majot subject.

 

 

Luckily, she was saved by a stranger. Thank you, Katarina. Whoever you are.

 

 

Mina was already at the coffee shop earlier than they agreed on. She just want to arrive first because she's already feeling ashamed for bothering someone because of her clumsiness. At exact eight in the morning, a familiar face entered the shop. She was looking around and Mina got so nervous because she might be right.

 

 

The girl she bumped on that day is the same girl who got her school project. It's Katarina.

 

 

Their eyes met, and as if it was a cue to know that Mina is the one she's looking for. Chaeyoung started walking to where Mina is and Mina shifted on her seat nervously. Fixing her hair for she doesn't know the reason why.

 

 

"Uh, hi?" Chaeyoung shyly said. "Sharon?"

 

 

"Y-yeah, I mean.. yes it's me but just call me Mina" she chuckled awkwardly. "To make it less.. awkward?"

 

 

"Oh, okay. I'm sorry" Chaeyoung laughed. "May I sit, Mina?"

 

 

"Sure, of course" she smiled at her. "So, Katarina right?"

 

 

"Yes but.. just also call me Chaeyoung. That would be better, to also make it less.. awkward" They both laugh at that.

 

 

"What do you like to drink? I'll order, it's on me. Since I already bothered you this much at least let me treat you" Mina offered.

 

 

"No, it's okay, really. It's not a bother. Here.." Chaeyoung handed out to Mina her school project. "Please don't lose that again"

 

 

"Thank you so much. I really can't thank you enough. You really saved my from getting an F" Mina sighed and joked that Chaeyoung laughed at her because she was just too cute in her eyes. "Are you sure you don't want anything?"

 

 

"Yes, I'm sure. I'm already glad that I was a big help for you" Chaeyoung smiled at her. "You have a class right? As much as I still want to talk to you, I don't want you to be late"

 

 

"Oh. Right. But if ever you change your mind, please tell me. I'll treat you right away"

 

 

Chaeyoung was so stunned at that. Is she saying we'll see each other again? "Alright then, treat me next time"

 

 

Since that day, they were always exchanging messages everyday. They would sometimes call each other if they get tired of typing. But they both knew, they were just using ut as an excuse to see each other's face.

 

 

Because somehow, as weird as it feel, they were starting to miss each other. Days and nights are never the same when they're not taking.

 

 

They also meet up at the same coffee shop whenever they have a free time. Since they go to a different school, it's really hard to find same vacant schedule so when they do, they always grab it as a chance to see each other.

 

 

And now, two years had passed. Mina is sitting on that same table at the same coffee shop, doing some of her projects. She was too focused that she haven't even noticed that there's someone behind her. That person covered her eyes and Mina couldn't help but to giggle.

 

 

"Please, stop it"

 

 

"Hi baby" she kissed the top of Mina's head.

 

 

Mina looked over to her and smiled as she scooted over to gave her some space to sit on.

 

 

"Hi. What took you so long?"

 

 

"Jeongyeon unnie kept on bugging me to help her so I had no choice. I'm sorry" she said while leaning her head on Mina's shoulder and snaking her arm on Mina's waist.

 

 

"That's okay, I was also doing something" Mina rubbed her arm as she suddenly thought of something while looking at her projects on the table. "Hey Chaeng, do you still remember how we met?"

 

 

"Of course, baby! How can I forget it? When it was the most memorable thing that happened to me in my whole existence"

 

 

"You're so cheesy! Stooop!" she laughed at her but Chaeyoung hugged her tighter.

 

 

"It's true, Mina. I was still wondering what if I wasn't the one who found your school project? Will I ever have a chance to meet you?"

 

 

"Oh, baby.. I am also lucky that it was you. I still can't believe it that after two years, we will be like this" Mina smiled at her.

 

 

Chaeyoung also stared into her eyes. "Who would've thought that after two years, just because of that incident, the most beautiful girl I ever know is already mine?"

 

 

Mina can't help it but to steal a quick peck on Chaeyoung's lips. She was so shy after doing it upon realizing that there's few customers inside.

 

 

"I love you, Chaeyoung"

 

 

"I love you more, my Mina"

 

 

"Two years ago, I just lost a special school project but guess what I found in return?" she caressed Chaeyoung's cheek as she smiled at her. 

 

 

"I found true love. I found you, Chaeyoung"