Lovely Writer

MiChaeng One-Shots

"Dahyun! Come on! Hurry up!"

 

 

Chaeyoung shouted at her sister from downstairs. She's all ready but her lazy sister is still upstairs, doing God knows what.

 

 

"I swear to God, Dahyun, if I don't make it on time I'm gonna kill you!" she shouted once more, this time threatening her.

 

 

After minutes of madly waiting, Dahyun finally came down. If she just knows how to drive and didn't need her sister to accompany her, she wouldn't wait like this for long.

 

 

"Goodness, Chaeng! Relax it's still so early, we'll make it on time" Dahyun rolled her eyes at her. "You're so serious about getting this book, you're even bothering me"

 

 

"You don't understand, okay? This author.. her masterpieces are so amazing like really!" Chaeyoung explained with so much admiration while they're getting inside the car. "I've been waiting for this book to be published, she's on a hiatus for a long time. And it's not just a simple book, it's a limited edition!"

 

 

"Really? Is she that good?"

 

 

"No, she's that great! This is just a one day sale for a limited book, she has lots of fans.. so I'm telling you now if I can't buy this because you're so ing slow to move, I'm really gonna forget you're my sister!"

 

 

Chaeyoung has been a fan for years now of this anonymous writer. Anonymous in a sense that no one knew what she looks like, no one even had a chance to meet her in person. Chaeyoung joined a fan page of her to find other information about her books and also her but there's nothing much.

 

 

All Chaeyoung knew is that this writer is a girl with a pen name of Miss Ballerina. 

 

 

Everyone is curious about her, everyone wants to meet her. But.. they all know it's imposible. They even don't know any of her social media accounts except her email. Chaeyoung wanted to meet her so bad, she wanted to have her autograph. She wanted to thank her personally for creating such beautiful books that saved her from loneliness. 

 

 

Chaeyoung is a book worm, she likes to read lots of books and to discover different authors with different masterpieces. But Miss Ballerina just hits her differently, she just caught Chaeyoung's attention in some way. 

 

 

She can't explain why but... she's really dying to meet her. 

 

 

Just like as what Chaeyoung expected, there's already a long line waiting for the bookstore to open. Chaeyoung was so frustrated once she saw that and even if Dahyun was still driving, she wanted to go out of the car and ran towards the end of the line. 

 

 

"See! There's already a lot of people" she groaned in so much frustration. 

 

 

"Instead of whining and getting mad at me, why don't you just go out now and join the queue" Chaeyoung glared at Dahyun before opening the door. "I'll come back for you later so just text me, okay?" 

 

 

Chaeyoung made an "okay" sign with her hands as she ran towards the book store. She was panting when she's already on the line, almost five people was added before she can join. 

 

 

She was adjusting her hoodie when the girl in front of her started talking. 

 

 

"Hi! I'm Sana" she smiled at Chaeyoung and held out her hand. 

 

 

Chaeyoung gladly took it and shake hands with her. "I'm Chaeyoung" 

 

 

"So... I guess you're also a fan of Miss Ballerina!" she chuckled cheerfully. "I can't believe that she already published another book after being on a hiatus for two years. It's just sad that its a limited book" 

 

 

"Yeah.. I waited so long for this and I just hope I can get a copy of it" 

 

 

"Me too! Do you think she can perhaps... show up today?" Sana asked while whispering at her. 

 

 

Chaeyoung's heartbeat doubled at that thought, she started thinking about it. 

 

 

What if she really comes today? What if she'll surprise her fans since she's been gone for so long? 

 

 

Chaeyoung shook her head because she's getting so excited about it. She's giving herself false hope and she doesn't like that. Chaeyoung doesn't want to be disappointed. 

 

 

"That's... impossible" was all she could say. 

 

 

At exactly ten in the morning, the bookstore finally opened. The crowd gets louder, it was so obvious that everyone is excited. Chaeyoung can't help to look in front of her and sigh to see how long the line is. She's getting discouraged but she's still not losing hope. 

 

 

I need to get her book. 

 

 

"Hello everyone! This is Jihyo, the owner of the bookstore. Thank you for showing up today. And also I want to thank Miss Ballerina for choosing and trusting my store" Jihyo, the owner, said in a megaphone. "Oh, there's a lot people here.. May I just remind all of you that the book" Why I Like You" is a limited book and it only has one thousand copies"

 

 

It gained "ooh's" from the crowd. Getting disheartened upon hearing the sad news. Chaeyoung was one with them too, she knows it's a limited book what she didn't expect that it's this small amount of copies. 

 

 

"Oh my! Thousand copies only I wish we could cut in line for that, Chaeyoung" Sana sadly blurted out. Chaeyoung just nodded at her because she's really getting nervous right now. 

 

 

"Alright, please get in line properly. We will start the selling!" Jihyo finally said and the crowd cheered. 

 

 

The line slowly started to move, but for Chaeyoung it felt like a torture. If she could just magically switch places with the person in front, she already did. As time passed by, Chaeyoung was growing impatient and worried. It's not even helping when she watch those who already successfully bought the book. They  were so happy and even holding it proudly. As if showing off. 

 

 

Chaeyoung could finally see the entrance of the bookstore, she's having her hopes up. She's already sure that she could get a copy of it. It was Sana's turn, she excitedly went inside and Chaeyoung couldn't wait for her to go out so she could finally went inside. 

 

 

"Chaeyoung!" she looked up only to see Sana smiling brightly, waving off the book on her hand.

 

 

"Congrats!" Sana nodder at her and waved goodbye.

 

 

Chaeyoung was about to enter the book store with a happy heart when she bumped with Jihyo by the door.

 

 

"Oh! Sorry!" Chaeyoung quickly apologized.

 

 

"No, it's okay" Jihyo smiled at her. "Uhm, are you the next customer?"

 

 

Chaeyoung nodded cheerfully. "Yes! Can I come in now?"

 

 

"Oh.. I'm sorry, I was about to announce that the books are already sold out"

 

 

"W-what?!"

 

 

It's like the whole world crushed on Chaeyoung. She could hear the loud dismay from the people at the back who's still in line. They are starting to disperse, already gonna go home with a heavy heart. But Chaeyoung remained standing there, still can't believe that she didn't make it.

 

 

I was just... one book away.

 

 

"Hey, Miss Jihyo! Are you really sure that there's no book anymore? Maybe there's still one left somewhere there" Chaeyoung tried to look inside the bookstore as she pleaded for Jihyo.

 

 

"I'm sorry kid, it's really sold out"

 

 

Chaeyoung leaned on the railings near the book store, kicking the little stone at her feet. She's so mad and frustrated, she really wants the book.

 

 

"Oh Dahyun, this is all your fault!" she muttered under her breath. "My book! Miss Ballerina I'm sorry... I didn't get your book"

 

 

She kicked one more time but this time, someone was hit by the stone. Chaeyoung widened her eyes when she saw that there's a girl who's about to pass by.

 

 

"Oh my God! I'm sorry I didn't mean to"

 

 

"It's okay, it didn't hurt" the girl smiled at her. Chaeyoung nodded and bowed, still pouting because of being sad. "Uh.. are you okay?"

 

 

Chaeyoung looked at her and crossed her arms. "Honestly, no... I failed to buy the book I've been waiting for so long!"

 

 

"Oh. Was it the book being sold there?" the girl pointed at the bookstore.

 

 

"Yes! Are you here to buy too? Did you get it?" she asked continuously. "Because me.. I didn't. Gosh, it's a limited book I feel like crying"

 

 

The girl moved beside her and also leaned at the railings. Chaeyoung watched her but looked away immediately when she looked at her too.

 

 

"Hmm, why did you want that book so much?"

 

 

"Of course because it's a masterpiece from my favorite writer! Miss Ballerina... do you know her? Are you a fan?"

 

 

The girl chuckled and shook her head. "Hmm, no.. I don't know her"

 

 

"Really?! Why? She's a famous writer! You should read her books it's really great. You won't regret reading it" Chaeyoung was promoting Miss Ballerina so much. And it felt like a success because she could see the amused face of the girl.

 

 

"Okay tell me about her.. and her books. Why did you like her and her works?"

 

 

Chaeyoung stood up properly and looked sideways. Ready to explain everything about her favorite writer.

 

 

"Well, there's just something about her and her works that made me really admire her. Her choice of words, how she delivers every scenario, how she made all her readers feel the emotions the character are experiencing.. it's just... amazing. Miss Ballerina is amazing!"

 

 

The girl looked away for a moment and cleared . "Have you met her already?"

 

 

Chaeyoung pouted and shook her head. "Not yet.. but I really want to. I really like her and her works"

 

 

"You like her? But you said you haven't met her yet, right?"

 

 

"Yes, I don't know too. It's weird to think about it but yeah.. I just like her. Maybe I am captivated by her intelligence"

 

 

"Oh. I see.." the girl smiled at her.

 

 

"So it's really sad that I didn't get her book. It'll complete my collection you know and someday I am planning to have her sign all of it when she finally shows up and decide to reveal her identity"

 

 

They fell into a comfortable silence because the girl didn't respond to Chaeyoung anymore. It's like she has fallen into a deep thought.

 

 

"Well.. I hope you could see her one day" the girl said to break the silence.

 

 

"Yes, I hope so! Anyway.." Chaeyoung turned to her upon realizing something. "What's your name?"

 

 

"Oh, me? I'm Mina"

 

 

"I'm Chaeyoung! It's nice to meet you and thank you for hearing my rants" she shyly laughed.

 

 

Chaeyoung's phone dinged when she received a message from Dahyun looking for her. She's already here to pick her up. Chaeyoung quickly replied to her where she at and minutes after, Dahyun's car pulled up.

 

 

"My sister is already here, I need to go now. It's really nice meeting you, Mina!"

 

 

Chaeyoung bid her goodbye and got inside her car. Dahyun was about to drove off when someone suddenly knocked on the window on Chaeyoung's side. She rolled it down only to see Mina, Chaeyoung looked at her with confusion.

 

 

"Hey Mina.. what is it?"

 

 

"Uh.. I forgot to give you something. Here.." she handed out something covered in a brown paper. Chaeyoung gets it, still confused.

 

 

"What's this?"

 

 

"Just see it for yourself" Mina smiled at her. "Goodbye, Chaeyoung. Till we meet again"

 

 

Dahyun drove off and Chaeyoung held on her lap the thing Mina gave her. She decided to just open it at home because she's still not getting over the fact that she didn't bought the book. 

 

 

"This is really your fault, Dahyun!" 

 

 

"Stop blaming me, Chaeng. You're really just unlucky!" she scoffed. "What's that? Aren't you going to open it? And who's thay girl? Is she your friend?" 

 

 

"No, I just met her there. And for this, okay fine I'll open it" 

 

 

Chaeyoung's heart raced upon seeing what's inside the brown paper. Once she pulled it out, her jaw dropped and grabbed Dahyun's arm. 

 

 

"What the heck, Chaeyoung! Do you want us to get into an accident?!" 

 

 

"Oh my God! Oh my God!" she freaked out. "This... this is the book Dahyun! Mina gave me the book I failed to buy!" 

 

 

Chaeyoung really can't believe it, the book is really on her hands now. She's caressing it softly, admiring it so much it made her heart so happy. But she remembered, Mina said she's not a fan of Miss Ballerina she didn't even know her. 

 

 

So.. why did she have this book? 

 

 

Chaeyoung opened the book at it's very first page and her heart raced more. There's a handwritten note on it. 

 

 

'Hey, Chaeyoung! Thank you so much for admiring my works... and me. 

 

 

I hope to see you on my book signing event. 

 

 

-Miss Ballerina' 

 

 

Chaeyoung couldn't believe what happened. Did she really just met her favorite writer? And... did she just received her book personally from her? 

 

 

"Oh my God... Mina is.. Miss Ballerina?! 

 

 

I just met.. Miss Ballerina! 

 

 

And... Miss Ballerina is a very lovely. 

 

 

Mina is one of heck lovely writer."