Chapter 6

Chasting Lips

Soojin narrowed her eyes on her phone as she tried reading again the words sent to her. It doesn't make any sense.

Falling back on her bed, she dialled the number that has been the reason why her mood is almost in ruined early in the morning. Great.

She dialled once but it only rings twice before it was shut downed. The second dial, it was only the operator who answered her unending frustration. It was obvious, the person is avoiding her so Soojin had decided to just text. Or maybe visit the latter on school or in wherever the human is.

Make sure you hide good.

After clicking the send button, Soojin loudly sighed as she checked again the article that was released in midnight by a popular known company-- website.

A greatly known actress is humoured for having a daughter that was carried only in her 18 years?

(A picture of a girl sneaking to get outside of the car and the second picture is the whole bowing set-up with the other woman-or the actress. Both face are intentionally blurred.)


She was about to read the next paragraphs but a sudden call outside of her room was directed to her, "Soojin?!"

"What Yuqi. Stop shouting." Soojin groaned as she clicked off her phone and walked towards the door to open it. Why did she even locked her door? "What?"

Yuqi beamed at her as she immediately grasp a hold in Soojin's arm and dragged her out towards the dining table, "We're eating!" Soojin groaned and covered her ears as she sitted. The other girls were on it too.

"Why are you even stress? God, Jin! It's the first of day vacation. Chill out!" Soojin only shrugged at Soyeon's remark as she tried a bite on her drumstick. "Alright I'mma leave you alone." Soyeon pouted and rolled her eyes, slightly annoyed when Soojin did not even bother to give her a response.

"This article literally said ' all of your issues, this one is fresh and hot!'" Minnie giggled as she scrolled once more in her phone, her elbows resting on top of the table as Miyeon slapped it off. "What did I said about using your phone while eating?"

Minnie pouted as she immediately turned down her phone and started digging on her own food while still wary in her actions because of the pointed look Miyeon is giving on her. Yuqi burst out laughing. And soojin, sighed.

"I mean I pity that actress, you know how all things work. Once her face is released.." Minnie pop out her fist in table, showing it to the others, "it will.. boom!" She opened her fist as she side effect it with 'boom,' "We'll witness the greatest downfall!"

"How do you know it's the greatest?" Yuqi asked, raising her eyebrow for a challenge and Minnie raised hers too, "The article describe her as 'greatly known' and the fact that the faces are blurred makes sense."

Minnie flipped her hair as she came forward and stared rightly at each girl's curious gazes and whisphered, "Do you know why?"

Minnie took the silence as a series of question why as she continues, "Because they predicted that that article or rather issue, would be a whole year controversy." Soyeon gave her an unfazed look as she gasped loudly and pointed her index at the younger one, "Do you really think that if it's just someone with a barely known or unrecognized fame, they would blur the faces out?"

"Yes. To earn fame, I guess." Yuqi nodded in agreement as she stole a kiss in Soyeon's cheek, the latter blushing at the act as Minnie scoffed, fainting a disgusting sound as she look at them,
"That's my babe!"

"Of course not! That's not how this industry works, Soyeon-ah." Minnie whined loudly as Miyeon only looks at them, clearly not knowing the reason why they are arguing just for this topic.

"It is, unnie." Soyeon chuckled and raised her arms while still chewing, "And I'm aware, alright? I'm aware. But why are you so affected with this?" Minnie was silenced after that, realizing the fact, "Right. Why did I even stressed myself out for this one? Nonsense!"

Soojin raised up on her feet as she walked fast-pace towards the living room, "That fast?"

"Yup." After grabbing the key of her friend's car, Soojin couldn't care less on whether whose car did she has in hand, she peek her head to wave it in the dining area, "I won't be home late at night. Don't wait for me." Then she walked out of the room hearing Minnie's loud voice echoing around the house.

Atleast now she's aware that all will be fine if there's a chance that she might crash the vehicle. It's a relief.

Soojin punched the code in Shuhua's apartment as she slid carefully inside, she looked around the place while putting on the house slipper bought only for her.

Once Soojin reached the living area where she found no traces of the younger girl's presence, she immediately started to walk towards the room, Shuhua's room. And when she was about to turn the knob open, a loud voice suddenly bombarded the glooming silence of the space.

Soojin turned around to see Shuhua's mother figure stomping towards her place. She gulped hardly as she saw how the woman's face is scrunched up into twirl, brows almost meeting each other, lips pursed in madness, and if it's exaggerating or not, Soojin thought she saw a person who is ready to kill and just aiming for a target head. A shoot to kill.

"What are you doing here?" The woman stopped on her tracks as she gaze down Soojin. And Soojin wants to think that the woman is probably playing it hard to pretend that she doesn't want her to be kicked out of the house as soon as possible. She badly wants to roll her eyes. "Shuhua--"

"Out." Soojin abruptly paused on her sentence as she was cutted off very nicely. The tone was sharp. And the act suddenly was dropped. She heard a muffled voice coming up behind the woman and Soojin took a little effort to see who is it. "Command her out nicely."

"I am, telling her out. Nicely." The woman glared at her husband who approached them off slowly with a firm gaze immediately landed on her, "Soojin.. right?"

Soojin quickly bowed at him, "I am, sir. We met once."

The man chuckled at the formal and intense tone as she tapped her shoulder playfully, "Formality won't ever suit you. Dream on, child!"

Soojin rolled her eyes at the man who laughed loudly in front of her. For most of the months that she have been always on Shuhua's place, she luckily, had the chance to meet him. Once. And because of he mostly resemble Shuhua on his attitude, they clicked. Like a best buddy they have been, they clicked.

A nudge on his left and the man knew this is not the best time to joke around so he smiled apologetically at Soojin, "You know what, buddy? You can wait me up at Frezo and after we're done with this, let's feed us up!"

"I'm not here for you." The man laugh loudly again, he really do admire Soojin's honesty. "But you can just ring me up after, sir. If that's okay with you.. sir." Then she bowed lightly as she take her exit, ignoring the man who chuckled at the straight up request or rather, command.

As soon as Soojin had gone up from their sight, Haerim released an exhausted sigh as she then walk her way up to her daughter's room and slammed it open. Which startled Shuhua a little who has been lying down in her bed with chips in her hand and a laptop in her lap. But then they didn't expect the calm and lazy welcome from Shuhua who only glanced at them and looked at the screen after, clearly ignoring the rush in the atmosphere.

"Is that how disrespectful you've become?"

"Here we go again.." Shuhua took the laptop away from her body as she stood up lazily, "Is this on loop? What is this, a scene from Loki?" She chuckled and bowed 90 degree and stretch after, yawn coming out from as she blinked towards them, "We good?"

Her mother clenched her jaw from the sight of Shuhua mocking their presence, she can't believe this.

"Aren't you worried?" She whisphered underneath her breath as she took a step forward towards the younger one, Wuseok immediately grasp a hold in her knowing what could possibly happen if he didn't. "Do you even know what you have done?!"

Shuhua sighed, "I can't figure what you are saying, mom."

"You little--"

"Enough!"

"You don't tell me what to do!" Haerim stared hardly at her husband before coming forward in front of Shuhua's state, "Do you.." She chuckled lightly, releasing some tension with it as she continues, "Do you know what did you do?"

"I did not do anything."

"Your information's on media!" Shuhua bite her lip as she remain in silence, "On any platform you can name in a minute! With every single little detail, Shuhua. With every. Single. Detail." Haerim laugh as she can now see frustration coming up in the girl's face, she knew all along that she was just pretending, "And do you know what's even more interesting?"

Haerim took a step as she gently rise Shuhua's chin with her trembling hand, "People's betting on it. And the actress have been continously receiving hates. Her career, Shuhua-ya. The career is currently at the big risk. Imagine that? With just your tiny idiocacy.." Haerim snapped her fingers as she continues, "She will lose everything."

"I.." Shuhua fidgeted as she avoided the woman's gaze towards her and focus her attention to her father who only looks at her with concern, "Did nothing."

She heard her scoffed. And soon, laugh. "Pack your things up, dear." As her mother said it with full authority, Shuhua can't help but to feel herself getting mad. And useless, "So I can make sure that you will always. Zip your mouth."

Shuhua sighed, how many times did she even released a sigh just for today though? She lost count. She look at her clothes splattered on her bed, just a few folds and it all will be ready to get in pack in her case, again. But she contemplated on doing it, because how many percent is the probability of her mom getting caught? This is not the first that this happens and it is also not the first that she's the one to blame for the fault.

The blurred pictures painted on that website were definitely no doubt, are the pictures of her mom and her. It was absolutely captured by some paparazzis or hired men by the industry, that was in obvious common sense statement. But no, her family will forever insist that all, is her fault.

She thought of running away, of course. But aside from clinging on to her friends and especially to Soojin, there's no way she can survive all by herself. She wants to ask Yuqi for help or maybe Soojin, since only the two of them knows the tiring arrangement of her family schemes but she knew she can't. They will probably could get included in the circle of her family's toxic arrangements and she can't risk any probability of that, happening.

The sound of the door creaking open made Shuhua woke up from her deep sunken thoughts and as she look up to see who the person is, her eyes lingered on the older woman who also gaze at her with an unexplainable solution,

"How are you?"

Shuhua smiles as tears came passing by on her cheeks quickly. And the next she knew, she's now being enveloped by Soojin's arms and her cries got even louder as she sits her face on Soojin's neck.

Shuhua doesn't even know where exactly the emotions are coming from, maybe it is from the situation she's in, maybe because of in what kind of family she got in, maybe because she's absolutely all drained, or maybe because Soojin is now here. Or maybe, because it is her Soojin that is preventing her from falling apart.

"Jin, I.." Shuhua pulled herself out of Soojin's comfort as she fixated her eyes on hers but backed down as she looked down on her toes, hesitating. "I.. I'm leaving."

"I know." Soojin nodded. Still waiting for the younger one to continue her words.

"For good." Shuhua smiles, but any person can see how the smile doesn't even reached her eyes. And empty smile, words, and facade, that is. "I'm leaving for good, Jin. Transferring space and school, adresses and stuffs, that's me.." Shuhua beamed as she gaze up on her eyes, tears attempring to fall again, "So, I want you to take care of yourself and because I won't be able to tell others, remind them also for me, okay unnie? I know it's funny because the one who can't take care herself the most--"

Shuhua wasn't able to continue when Soojin cutted her off with embrace. The tightness is suffocating but can also be so comforting.

"I got the place, Shu. I have everything ready, just please.. please tell me that you will come with me, hm?" Soojin whisphered her words softly. Her voice endearing sweetness as she rubbed her hands on the younger one's back as she heard her sobs loudly.

And now they are on their way to Shuhua doesn't even know where. She's just aware that Soojin's been driving for couple of hours already, leading them to green sorrounding Shuhua's not familiar with. Her suitcases, bags, and other products bought for herself are sitting on the compartment, boxed.

When Soojin parked the car as they reached their destination, atleast that's what it seems like, Shuhua unclasped her seatbelt as she came outside of the car.

There it is standing in front of her is a two-storey pastel house with a delicate on the ground black gate for the entrance. The house screams home yet whisphers gloom, or is it not?

Shuhua scanned the place, there are neighbors, but the spaces built in between were large enough for them to keep each privacy as the houses she spots on are atleast three minutes on walk. "You can lend me a hand, if that's what you're wandering about."

Shuhua jumped on her heels as she heard Soojin talked beside her with bags strapped on her body, a suitcase in one hand, and large box almost towering her eyes.

"Who says you should carry all the stuffs by yourself though?" Shuhua giggles as Soojin looks like a tree with all her things being carried by her body.

"Get the bags." And without a warning, Soojin throws the box in Shuhua's hand and placed all of the bags on top of them after. "I'm opening the house." Soojin winked in Shuhua's side as she peek over the mountain and elegantly walked towards the house to open it.

As the both of them set on foot inside the stomach of Soojin what calls her home, Shuhua felt the tightening pit on her stomach as she glance up on the taller girl who walk towards the kitchen, saying she should atleast make them dinner to compensate her forgotten lunch earlier.

How ironic.