Chapter 4

Chasting Lips

Soojin accompanied Shuhua to her new home after the incident.

Even if Shuhua did not answer her question.

Even if Shuhua did not tell her anything.

And Soojin respected the younger one, thinking that Shuhua is not yet ready. So she did not said anything until they arrived.

"Go take a shower. We'll clean your wounds later." Soojin firmly said to Shuhua who doesn't have any energy left to open an argument, so she just walked lazily to her room to take a shower.

As the younger one had gone up to her room, Soojin called for a delivery of food since she can't do much of a taste because of the stinging wound on her palm caused by the accident.

It was exactly the time when the food had arrived when Shuhua were done showering, "I just got some fried chicken and uhm.." Soojin glanced down to the plastic bags in her hands as she placed it on the coffee table, continuing hesitantly, "Random stuffs?"

Shuhua giggled, "You seriously did not just called our food random stuffs." 

Soojin rolled her eyes as she motioned the younger one to come sit with her on the couch as she grabbed the kit right on top of the coffee table in front of them. Pulling the alcohol first out of the kit, Shuhua immediately stopped her, "Y-you don't have to clean my wounds, unnie. This should heal soon. O-or shall we treat yours first?"

Sensing Shuhua's terrified look, Soojin can't help but smirk, "Oh my baby.." Soojin cooed having the alcohol in her hand as she came nearer at the younger one who dashed out of the scene right away, slamming the door off closed at the bathroom in the main room. Soojin laughed out loud. 

Shuhua did not just chose to hide in the bathroom for hours.

And since that day of the incident, the both of them grew closer, closer to the point that the older one are mostly in Shuhua's home to accompany the younger one. Shuhua doesn't have any problem with it, in fact, she's grateful. She's grateful to have Soojin on her side when she can't bear everything by herself anymore.

"Here." Shuhua looked up from the pile of books opened with amounts of contents in front of her to glance at the girl standing beside of the table, lending her a cone of chocolate ice cream,

"Jin." Shuhua mumbled as Soojin took the sit in front of the younger one, offering her a smile before focusing her attention at the ice cream in her hand, "Thought you have a dance practice at 10? It's.." Shuhua looked at her watch on her wrist to catch up what time is it, "10:43?"

"I was basically kicked out." Soojin laughed when she saw the guilty pout laying on the younger one's lips, "Oh Shu, it's fine. I actually don't feel like dancing today too."

"Liar." Shuhua pouted even more as guilt tripped up on her even more, the two of them were late to attend at school earlier because of how the traffic jammed on their way to school.

Shuhua was kicked out of her class due to her late entry and Soojin at dance practice. It's not a sweet day afterall.

First, an accident occured on the way and even if they left Shuhua's home an hour or two earlier that time, it didn't help them much. And thinking of how Shuhua's home was placed miles away from their school, there's no sign of winning the race. "I told you that I'm alright, Jinjin. You don't have to always--"

"I've been at it for months already, you seriously dare to stop me at this point?" Soojin shook her head slowly, because yeah, it's been months since the incident and she's always at the younger one's home ever since. So stopping the routine doesn't even play on Soojin's mind.

She's just worried. Atleast it's the only reason, right?

Shuhua sighed, the melted ice cream streaming down halfway on the cone, "Unnies giving me daggers all the time though." 

Soojin furrowed her brows, "They what?" She exclaimed, she knows it's only atleast twice or thrice a week that she had been sleeping on Minnie's house and even just because of that the five of them also grew closer, but she didn't have the slightest bit of idea that the other four were doing that to the youngest. She can't just believe it.

"Yeah but-- I understand them, okay?"

"They shouldn't do that. Aren't you all close before? What the is happening."

Shuhua shrugged, "I did betrayed them, remember?"

"Soo." Soojin was about to banter but a voice cutted through their conversation, the both of them looked up only to find Lisa with her usual poker face, "Seriously, Lisa. When will you have a girlfriend?" Shuhua snickered when the older one glared at her, it's always been so good having a different reaction from their head.

"It doesn't mean that you're on a leave for now that you have the right to talk informally." Lisa firmly said in which Shuhua only laughed at, finishing her ice cream as she focused on her books after. Letting the other two to talk.

Lisa rolled her eyes, putting her hands on her waist as she raised her brows at Soojin, "Didn't I told you to choreograph?"

Soojin huffed as she also raised her brows at Lisa, "Didn't you also told me to off because you don't need a lazy like me?"

Shuhua can't help but to laugh.

"Talk back to me once again and I'll put you out of your position. Try me." Soojin scoffed at the threat but eventually give in, 

She's stubborn but atleast she knows her limit. She knew Lisa wouldn't hesitate to act her threat based on how pissed the other girl right now is. And even so, she did not worked hard for her position just to be taken off like that.

No way.

Soojin stood up, grabbing her bag beside her as she kissed Shuhua on top of her head before following Lisa who stormed out immediately. "Take care!" 

Shuhua pursed her lips as she thought of visiting the auditorium in where her former club members have been practicing on, the club, just like what Tzuyu said months ago, are busy preparing for a movie film. And Shuhua wants to check if all was alright.

Well, Seungkwan's request. Again.

Shuhua then packed up all her stuffs as she immediately went out of the library, unbothered by the death stare that the librarian have been giving her since earlier. There's no way she could come enter the room without having the librarian's wrath.

"Hey Yeh, over here!" Shuhua turned her head to look at the direction where she heard the voice came from, she's now inside of the auditorium but since it is too large for her, it took her minutes of finding Seungkwan in a crowd.

Shuhua saw him waving his hands up in her way then motioned for her to come closer, and so she did.

"Have a sight." Seungkwan lend her an ipad where she saw a male's profile. Probably for the lead. "I've been thinking of putting him up in center but.." Shuhua lazily proof the profile in her hands as she listened attentively, 

"He's not that good looking, right? And the height. There's a mole here too, you see? That could be a huge trouble for us." Shuhua raised her eyebrow as the boy zoomed in the picture, letting her absorb the mole in his cheek on wherever the hell it is.

Shuhua looked up at Seungkwan and accidentally saw a familliar faces inside of the auditorium. She quickly avoided the gazes.

"Just tell you're not into new looks." Seungkwan was about to say something but she held her hand up to stop him, "If you're point is Mingyu not suitable for a god-like main character, his height not proving your senses and a goddamn mole in god knows where. Then I can say that you're just terrified of risking such."

Shuhua slapped her hand at Seungkwan when she saw him pouting like a mad child after saying her words. Gross. She knew it was all her words that would take the boy to risk an unfamilliar presence. 

Shuhua actually already saw the list of profiles that can possibly take the role of the male lead, but no one had past her standards except his. But a very new face could dragged them down, indeed. But it would be more stupid to not accept him as the lead and just take another option. 

Shuhua name it as idiocy.

She was about to open again but shut it in a snap when she saw the girls coming on her space, together with Tzuyu. The look on the other taiwanese face scrunched up like a dust in thin air. It felt funny.

"Last time I checked, you're still not in a side where you can step inside."

Amused, Shuhua chuckled, "Well then, boo!" Shuhua shut her white snowed fists and shattered it opened it close near her face, "Aren't you proud of me? I've casted out your spell. Witch."
Shuhua putted down her hands as Seungkwan got into their middle, hair popping out in blue.

"You didn't banned her out?" Seungkwan didn't answered Tzuyu, instead he turned to look at the girls beside the taiwanese who look as tho confused by the exchanged argument earlier, 

"Who's from photography?" He asked as a girl with a bangs raised her hand slightly, as if she's carrying a whole s of Yuqi. "Minnie." She said with a forced smile in her lips but voice beaming with energy.

"I'm anticipating a lot for your films." Seungkwan sincerely said and as if it was a signal, he fixed his gaze at the other two when Minnie just curtly nodded her head as a response.

"It's a pleasure to meet the popular main," He pointed his fingers at the girl who shyly smiled, "It's Miyeon."

"Oh oh I know. I'm the one who fought for your position. How dare I to forgot it?" Seungkwan laugh as Miyeon awkwardly stood up, leaning her body into the younger blonde.

It's not really a secret of how Seungkwan risked his all just to get Miyeon be the lead on their upcoming film. 'Cause why not? Her skills, personality and popularity is a good match up.

It would be hell if Miyeon didn't accepted the offer, it's his motto for the whole preparation. And s are too ed up in the line that what they all want is to get farthest away from the acting director. Ears ringing by his words.

"And for the music.."

Soyeon raised her hand slightly and quick, enough to get the boy's attention, "I've got atleast seven songs composed. It's on you what to choose,"

Seungkwan mouthed an 'oh' as he squinted his eyes, "This is free, right?"

"I can be generous and get only my credits in one of my song, but for the rest? Sorry but no."

Seungkwan exasperated sighed, looking at Tzuyu who obviously are sneaking glances at Shuhua who stood by near him, in silence.

"Yeh. Can I trust you to explain them what to do for now?"

"I want my lunch--"

"I'll get you chickens." Shuhua hummed as if got drowned in thoughts, "Sounds good?"

"Hm. Sounds good."

Seungkwan smiled as she tapped her back before hurrying away but stopped in immediate when voice pierced through,

"She's not part of this anymore. You just did not involved an outsider in the production, Boo Seungkwan." The director didn't pay much attention to her as she pulled her along away from the scene. Leaving the other fixate a confused glimpse at the youngest.

Shuhua now don't know what to do. So she stood still. And so the others also did.

But soon enough Soyeon's firm voice circulated around their awkward sphere, summoning words that almost made the youngest flinch, "I don't have all the time for this."

"O-oh.. yes-- yeah.. so uhm-- M-Minnie unnie can do her s," Shuhua quickly slapped her hand at as she gasped loudly, mumbling sorrys underneath her breath, "I-I mean shots! Unnie, I d-didn't mean that.. so uhm, Unnie can do her shots around the set for now, M-Miyeon-shi, I mean Miyeon unnie won't shoot for this day and uhm.. you.." Shuhua pointed her pinky at the short blonde shakingly, "You w-wouldn't have anything to do except to w-wait for the production's decision."

Shuhua quickly lowered her head after saying her mumbled mess. And Soyeon who keeps on biting her lips to prevent herself from smiling because of the adorable creature standing in front of them, chuckled. 

But it didn't released a bit of tension from Shuhua. It made her feel even worse, honestly.

"Do you want to accompany us for lunch?" Shuhua frozed. 

What?

"Sorry?" Shuhua stumbled.

"I mean, Minnie don't really need to take her shots for now, right? And they can just email me for the music. So?" Shuhua nodded her head several times, mind can't processed on how the event had turned out this way.

The four of them walked on for cafeteria, with Soyeon asking a one sentenced questions on her and the older two on their own world, whisphering a barely audible words for Shuhua to hear.

As all of them settled in for a six seated table, Minnie and Soyeon volunteered to get their orders. An obvious act to make the other two inverse for a conversation. And Shuhua can't helped but to shut her eyes for a moment, why didn't she thought about this?

Of course they all wanted them to talk. Maybe they cooled their head down now, it's what Shuhua thought.

"I'm sorry.." Shuhua opened her eyes immediately, shocked at what the older girl said. Sorry for what? "Sorry, I didn't let you explain."

Shuhua clicked her tongue, eyes avoiding Miyeon's, "Stop it. None of it was your fault, unnie."

"Let me ask you a question, Shuhua-ya.." Shuhua became wary as she saw the older one wiping of her tears, what did she do? "How- what have I done wrong? Was.. was my jealousy--"

Shuhua didn't let Miyeon continue her words as she grabbed her hands and led them off outside, securing her completely as more students dashed inside of the cafeteria.

She knew she doesn't want the older one to be seen like that.

Shuhua took the both of them back in the vacant room, their official space. Letting the older one move away from her as she positioned them right in the corner of the room, running her fingers down in the keys of the piano. Humming an old and soft tune.

"I didn't do it for you to doubt yourself." Shuhua mumbled quitely.

Miyeon snapped. The glee in her eyes had red in rage, "You did not just expected me to be delighted when you told me you ing cheated on me!" 

Miyeon stepped forward to the younger, hands in fist. "How dare you?" 

Shuhua held back her tears. Mind wandering on why the hell did their relationship had turned out this way? They are already on the way for their second year but then suddenly, strangely, she noticed how her girlfriend's eyes wasn't the same as it used to be anymore.

"Who was it?" Shuhua asked from the couch, body slouched. The both of them alone at her unnies' home. "Hmm? Miyeonie?"

Miyeon slumped her body next to her girlfriend as she nuggled her face to the younger one's neck, smelling the scent of vanilla, "Just someone."

Noticing the tone of her girlfriend's voice, Shuhua pulled herself back as she stared right into the older one's gleaming eyes, a soft but somehow empty hues covering the gaze.

"Babeee, tell me who is it!" She whined. Miyeon had a phone call just now but strangely enough, this was the first time that she hadn't told Shuhua who was it. "Miyeonshiiiiiii!"

Shuhua clinged her arms and legs into Miyeon's body only for her to be shakened away as the older one grumpily left off the couch, frustrated grunt coming out on .

"You don't need to know all about this, Shu. I'll just go and take a nap. Tell me if you'll stay over for the night." And Miyeon left. Leaving Shuhua who are frozen on the spot.

Shuhua thought it was only because of the older one's period that caused her mood. She thought wrong.

As days and weeks passes by, Miyeon, though not literally ignoring Shuhua had always have her reason to avoid the younger one. And Shuhua noticed. Miyeon's usual soft eyes were gone, replaced by an empty cold gazes slaughtering on the younger one.

Their kisses turned to embraces, embraces turned to touches and then it came to the point that they can't even be intimate with each other anymore, atleast for Miyeon.

Shuhua knew what happened, she can exactly tell what is happening. But she just don't how did it happened and when did it started.

"I still have something to do, Shuhua-ya. Please make it fast." Shuhua smiled softly, hands reaching for the older one as she engulfed her in embrace. 

She felt Miyeon froze in her arms.

She planned this. Fishing Miyeon away from her supposed activities and lead her out in the field to convey a talk. She's done waiting.

"I love you." Shuhua whisphered, making sure to convey it sincerely into the older one's ear. Miyeon immediately pulled out from the hug. Barely noticing the pain hid quickly in her girlfriend's eyes.

"Shuhua--"

"Let's end this."

Miyeon blinked. "I'm sorry, what?"

"You and I.. l-let's break up." Shuhua fixated her eyes on the ground, trying her best not to shed tears in front of the older one. No.

Miyeon is confused but she can feel herself tearing up at the younger one's word, heart clenching by the thought, "Baby.. you're just tired.. right? Did something happened? Tell me. Tell me what happened. Come on Shu, this is not a good prank."

Shuhua shook her head, feeling her chest tightened with pain, "I'm letting you go, Miyeonie. I'm letting you go.." Shuhua furrowed her brows as she heard the older one sob, no, this is not what she was expecting.

Miyeon was supposed to do the opposite.

"Shu, baby I.." The older one didn't been able to finished her words as she got drowned in her tears, sob continuously escaping .

Shuhua wants to hug her but prevented herself from doing so. She already thought about this, where in Miyeon hasn't figured out her feeling yet, so Shuhua had to help. She knows she has to. 

Or they would only go into circles.

"I had an affair, Miyeon." 

"You felt mad at my confession." Shuhua stated, eyes battling with tears as her breath hitched.

"Are you kidding me? Who wouldn't Yeh Shuhua?"

Shuhua now can feel the older one's breath touching her face. Rage filling the air.

"You only felt mad. Not even a tear of pain, am.. am I right?" Shuhua doesn't know but the question still hurts her.

She bite her lip as she felt the other one stood frozen in her spot, probably taken aback by her question. Shuhua knew it's only the words to make the older one realize her feelings.

And she's not wrong, "What.. how--"

"Because you don't love me anymore, Miyeon.." She stared deeply at the older one's eyes, feeling like this is the moment that finally, she can speak for herself. "Not anymore. But of course you're stupid. You should only be stupid for not realizing how your feelings had drastically changed."

She stopped the older one when she was about to speak as she scoffed her tears away, "So I have to bear all of this. To ing let you realized on your own because I know unnie.. I know you will deny it thousand times if I'm the one will tell you. Because that's-- it's just you."

Shuhua deeply inhaled as she slowly reached her hand to wipe Miyeon's tears away, "I.. I did not cheat on you. You know I can't. I will never. But I have to tell you that, to make sense of the difference."

"I love you, unnie. But I have to let us go, or we'll be worse than being in jail with us being in a relationship--"

"You should've told me. We could've save it, Shuhua-yah. We could." Miyeon firmly said.

Shuhua smiled, her expression not reaching her eyes as she held the older one's hands this time, "We could have, Miyeonie."

Shuhua pecked Miyeon's lips, chuckling when the older one displayed a very shocked appearance, 

"We could have save it if only you didn't developed feelings for Minnie unnie." 

Shuhua noticed. Those times when the older one had been giving her cold shoulders, it was exactly the opposite of how she treats Minnie. Eyes full of affection and love.

"Shuhua.."

"Just accept it, unnie. Only that way you would be happy." And a last peck in the lips, Shuhua immediately stormed out of the room. She can't bear the pain anymore.

Soojin. She wants to see Soojin.