Chapter 5

Chasting Lips

"Stop pouting.. alright alright we'll buy you chocolates." Soojin almost rolled her eyes when Shuhua jumped on the passenger seat with her hands resting on her seatbelt, like a kid. "How old are you, really?"

"Turning eighteen this year!" Soojin chuckled as Shuhua beamed loudly, she's just glad that the younger one seems to forget what happened earlier. She can't deny how her heart clenched by the sight of Shuhua bawling right on her shoulders.

The younger one waited for Soojin to finish and come outside of the practice room with tears running down on her cheeks. And as soon as she had sight on the older one, she sprinted towards her. Soojin had to led the both of them on the car in which she practically stole from Soyeon to avoid the curious gazes of the other dancers.

And without even asking, Shuhua sobbed the whole story. And Soojin just listened. She listened how broke Shuhua sounded as from that moment. Because she can't do anything to soothe the pain. So she just enveloped the younger one with embrace, hoping that it may atleast take off a little bit of pain.

And now here they are, running away from the scene. 

"Why supermarket though?" Shuhua asked, leaning her head at the seat to stare outside of the window. Cars blazing off the road.

"I'm tired of our foods, Shu. It's boring and.. unhealthy?"

Shuhua grinned as she now turned her body to face the older one, "You think so?"

Soojin throws her a glimpse, "What?" She asked, confused by the sudden change of mood.

Shuhua shrugged, leaning her body to rest as she pursed her lips on side, "Are we officially moving in together?You called it ours."

"Not when I'm driving."

"Well, it's definitely fine for me. You know me, unnie, I have no problem with that. But did you already asked Soyeon-unnie about this? I mean living together is a bit--" Shuhua bite her lip as she prevented herself from laughing. 

Soojin is as good as tomato right now.

And Shuhua is as good as dead.

"Are you blushing because--"

"You're making me mad, kid. Stop it."

Shuhua pinched the older one's cheeks quickly as Soojin glared at her in a fast pace, too. "You're cute when mad, Jinjin!"

"Yeah." Soojin immediately kick off the brake as she parked the car in the side of the road. She unbuckled her seatbelt as she face the younger one who in reflex, pushed herself farther away from her, "I can literally kill you." 

The car then was filled with laughter as Soojin attacked Shuhua with tickles. Giggles coming out from her lips as she watch the younger one. Dying in fit of laughter.


'No. Shu put that back.'

Shuhua can hear the stern voice ringing in her ears but she chose to ignore it. Putting more and more junks and chocolates underneath the healthy products of Soojin, resting on their cart. 

Shuhua dramatically wipes off her supposed sweats in her forehead as a sigh came off in her lips when she was finally satisfied in how she done hide all her foods away from Soojin's sight. The older one is currently on the other isle of section, probably forgetting the fact that she had left the smaller one at the Snacks' area.

"Shu." Shuhua yelped as a familiar voice pierced through behind her back. Wide eyed, Shuhua immediately turned around and saw Soojin standing right in front of her with the usual stoic face. 

"Unnie!" Shuhua wants to pretend that she's not nervous. And yes, she failed as a loud falsetto voice came out in her lips. An obvious sign of her when scared or rather nervous or maybe, when lying.

But maybe she's lucky as Soojin only furrowed her brows, motioning the younger one to step aside. Or maybe not.

"Hm?!" It's a talent. Pitching high tune with lips zipped off.

The older one motioned her to step aside again with her head. And for the second time around, Shuhua only pitched off as a response.

"You'll step aside or I'll make you carry these things I'm holding?" It is only when Soojin said those words when the younger one's eyes had finally met the boxes of cereals in Soojin's arms.

Shuhua gasped, "Oh! Sorry, Sorry!"

And even when confused, Soojin giggled, pinching the younger one's cheeks fiercely after arranging the cereals in the cart. "Ugh-- Jin!"

Shuhua frowned but immediately released a smile when she heard her bursting in laughter. The latter's laugh is contagious that you would also feel yourself releasing some kind of a tension when heearing her laugh.

"The other girls have been calling me," Soojin started after calming down as she grabbed the cart's handle and starts pushing it off, with Shuhua on the other half.

"Oh, why? Something must've happened.. did you checked on them, Jin? Maybe they need some you know-- help? Perhaps." Shuhua shrugged, pouting her lips.

"I was about to but my phone suddenly went off."

"What a tardy person you are, unnie."

"Having a drain phone also means I'm sluggish? What the hell Shu?" Soojin rolled her eyes, grabbing chips at one of the section. 

Shuhua's eyes lit up.

"Because if it were not for me, Jin, you're phone wouldn't be even get charge!" 

"Whatever, whatever." Soojin read the nutrition facts of the brand and grimaces in quick as she saw it while Shuhua is half mouthed waiting for the older one's decision.

Shuhua held Soojin's hand quickly when the older one was about to place it back.

Soojin raised her brow, a challenging face scowled on her face as she waited for the younger one to talk, "Just that one. Pleaseee?"

"This one in exhange for your deals?" Soojin motioned the chip in her hand before gesturing the cart, obviously pointing something hidden. Underneath.

Shuhua's mouth went agape. How?

Soojin placed the chip back in its place as a smirk rounded up on her lips, taking ahold of the cart as she starts pushing it off again.

"You seriously draped your chunks with only my Yogurt and fruits, Shu. You really think you have it all hidden?" Shuhua gasped. Her eyes wide as if it can fall any second.

Soojin paid for all of it. Including the younger one's obsession, of course. Before driving the both of them home.

And when Shuhua asked her why, sitting on the couch, she only uttered a quiet "Thank you is enough. Brat." Hearing those words only made Shuhua frowned but eventually wrapped her arms towards the older one. Who in return hugged her back. "I don't know what would I do without you, unnie. Thank you.."

"I know you do." 

Shuhua pulled back from the hug, smirk forming on her lips, "You do?"

"Everyone would." Soojin laugh loudly when she heard the younger one scoffed, "You've been shouting your love for me ever since the accident, Shu. So yeah, Everyone would."

"Unnie!"

Soojin pursed her lips as she gestured the door to the younger one's room, "Change in your pjs now, Shushu."

"But it's not even eight?" Shuhua blew her bangs that had been distracting her sight. "And no dinner yet."

It's been a routine for them that if ever the older one wouldn't have the chance of sleeping over, she should spoon the younger one to sleep. Soojin discovered that Shuhua can't sleep by herself alone and that's explains why the younger one were always seems so tired every morning back then. Because she'd been living alone.

"Yeah. But I have to be at home for the birthday party--"

"Birthday?" Shuhua asked. Confused.

Soojin nodded, showing her phone that is dead bat at the moment, "I figured it's the reason of phone calls.. oh wait, not in your pjs. Maybe dress something.. for celebration?"

"What? Why?"

Soojin smiled innocently, dragging the younger one towards the bedroom.

"Celebrant's wish."

Shuhua had grown stiff on the passenger seat as she gulped hardly while eyeing the house in front of them. It's Minnie's.

Soojin clicked the seatbelt open as she also did the same to the younger one whose eyes are still glued outside of the window, mouth hanging open. Soojin waited for minutes to let Shuhua move out of the car but when there's no sign of getting out, she sighed and got out if the car as she also opened the door forcefully on the passenger seat, shocking Shuhua immediately.

"Out." But Shuhua started whining, also wiggling her arms when the older one tried getting ahold of her. 

"Don't tell me it's Soyeon that you prefer to pull you out of this car? We can do that."

Shuhua whined more loudly but got out of the car painfully slow, "Why are you like this, Jinjin?!" Now she's making a little jumps to show her irritation but Soojin ignored her, closing the car.

Soojin grabbed her wrist, leading the both of them towards the door, "I can just stay in my space. You seriously don't have to deal with me, unnie! I promise I won't cause any trouble too!"

Soojin ignored her. Unbothered by the high pitched tone.

Before Soojin could punch the code for the door to open, the door burst out, revealing four girls with party hats on their head. An innocent smile plastered on each faces.

"Shuhua."

"Yow bro!"

"My babyyyyy!"

"Oh god! You really came!"

The four lunges forward towards the youngest as they enveloped her with hugs, including a little bit hesitant Miyeon. And Soojin rolled her eyes but eventually chuckled at the scene.

They are guilty. And Soojin will lie if she'll say that she's not enjoying it. Now she just have to wait on what they could possibly do just to get the youngest one's forgiveness. It could be either be cute or annoying. Only two possible outcomes.

"Come! Come! It's fine if you wasn't able to bring my gift for now. Just make sure to bring one next!" Yuqi smiled and pulled Shuhua with her in the house, the other three look like ducks as they piled up while also following the two younger girls inside. Soojin shook her head. 

And just like what Soojin had expected, they all treat Shuhua like a  princess. A baby, rather. It's not like they hadn't always done it before the break up, it's just that the difference now is the exaggeration. 

For example is when they treats her like she can't even walk on her own, arms wrapping around the youngest when she literally was just about to get her drinks. All four of them sorrounding her. Like now.

That kind of exaggeration.

And Shuhua had enough of it, turning around to face her unnies who have been following her since she stepped inside the house, "Alright, unnies, alright. Stop this now please? I already forgave all of you. Just- just stop this now." Shuhua exclaimed as her cheeks puffed out in irritation, eyes rolling.

Shuhua stepped back. Eyes glued on the four as she waited for them to follow her but when she had not noticed a single move, she smiled triumphantly before turning around and started walking away. Only to be stopped when she felt the arms of Minnie and Soyeon on both of her side wrapping their arms on her shoulder and Miyeon and Yuqi touching her gently on her back.

"How can you do that? How can you forgave us in a second after all that we have done to you?" Miyeon whisphered, her eyes getting teary in that thought.

"We don't deserve you, Shu. Let's get you some drinks, yeah?" Soyeon whisphered as she pulled the younger one towards the kitchen where Soojin has been staying. Watching over her food in stove, with apron on.

"Unnie let me out of this!" Shuhua whined as she wiggled her arms to remove the arms around her body only to fail at the action. She grunted and bend her back, saying that she's so tired at the scene.

Soojin chuckled, "Stop that now. Can't you see? Shuhua can't breath."

But the four only shook their heads as a response. Yuqi even backhug the younger one to support their answer.

"Shuhua's gonna be grumpy. You don't want a grumpy maltese ignoring you, don't you?" And by that, they all released the youngest immediately and Shuhua grabbed that opportunity to run and hide behind Soojin's back, head peeking out on the older one's shoulder to make sure that the four won't follow her once again.

"But let me talk to Shu alone." Soyeon said, finality can be heard on the tone.

"No! It's my day. Let us two have some alone time first!" Yuqi shouted and Soyeon glared ar her in an instant which made her zipped her lips but eventually pouted. 

Minnie smiled innocently, eyes blinking as she confronted the other three beside her, "It's my house, girls. I'll be the one to decide who will she gonna talk alone first, and that's me, the favorite unnie." 

"Sorry.. but Shuhua and I need to talk." Miyeon said, eyes bouncing up on the three as she made them understand why. The three only sighed. They know they can't win on this one. "If.. it's okay with you?"

Soyeon raised her hands up, a sign of giving up, "Alright. We'll give you atleast 30 minutes, okie? Will start now! Tick tock tick tock!"

Soojin bursted out laughing as she slowly pushed the younger one behind her towards the oldest and whisphered, "You can always call me right away, hmm?"

Shuhua pouted, holding Soojin's hands tightly as she shook her head which didn't gone unnoticed by the others. They sneak glances towards the oldest who only have her eyes on the two.

"I don't.. I can't, unnie. Please.." Shuhua whisphered and made sure that only Soojin could hear her voice,

Soojin sighed as she tipped the younger one's chin to look through her eyes, "You'll just talk, Shu. Probably closure, I guess. Don't you want that?" Shuhua did not answered, but Soojin knew that the younger one is giving the scenario a thought.

And when Shuhua nodded her head slowly, she cracked a smile, "You won't leave, right?"

"Why would I?" Soojin chuckled as she hug the younger one in a quick time, handing her to the oldest who smiled in return.

"I owe you one." Soojin scoffed. "Just make sure to bring that one back in a good state. Or else."

Miyeon only laughed.

"Oops! 27 minutes left! Tick tock."

Miyeon led Shuhua at the backyard, slipping past the noise that erupted once they got out of the scene. The both of them took a seat in the green fine grass as they watched the moon slowly rushing out their sight.

"I'm sorry."

Shuhua turned her head to glance at the older one who now have her eyes on her hands, fidgeting with her own fingers, "Atleast say that I thought wrong.."

Shuhua fit in giggles when Miyeon snapped her head to stare at her, obviously alarmed, "Miyeonie, yah! Can you chill?"

"I'm really sorry, Shu. I'm.. sorry.." Shuhua did not expected what happened next. Miyeon cried, sobbing hard and Shuhua immediately embrace the older one, feeling herself get teary too.

She was supposed to be the one crying here. She chuckled softly. What does she even expect from Miyeon? Of course Miyeon would take her spot. Miyeon is softer than Shuhua, or rather she's the softest among her friends. And Shuhua knew how her words earlier hurts the oldest, she feel guilty.

"I-I thought it was only b-because I'm t-tired and.." Miyeon flushed herself in the younger one's neck, "M-Minnie happened.."

Shuhua embraced Miyeon tighter, feeling herself losing in tears, "No.. not that one please. I.. understand. I understand that you f-fell out of love. But don't talk out your feelings towards her with m-me, unnie. I can't. It hurts me.."

"I'm sorry.."

"Oh not again!"

Miyeon sniffed as she pulled out from the hug, nodding her head slowly as she stared intently in the younger one's eyes, "I'm sorry that you have to deal with all of it by yourself.. I wish I were smarter, Shu. I should've been by your side instead of lashing out my anger.. and the others--"

"Don't worry, unnie, I'm not mad. I can totally understand them. In fact, I might do the same if the same happens to anyone of you.. I might, maybe, do worst."

They both chuckled, now both of them back on staring nowhere, where the moonlight is gashing out. But not like earlier, they now have a genuine smile displayed on both lips.

"How did you handle it?" 

"Hm?" Shuhua turned to stare at the older one and chuckled as she picked her handkerchief right up on her pants to offer it to the older one, Miyeon looked at her curiously, "Tears."

When Miyeon stole away the handkerchief from Shuhua's hand, the younger one scrunched her face in a thought, "I actually don't know how, too.. I just, I don't know.. I just felt so miserable."

"Shu.."

"And I'm just glad that Jinjin never left me through that times. Until now, that is."

Miyeon took her a glimpse, brows furrowing, "Soojin.. I really owe her one, do I?"

"Yeah. So if you're that grateful, don't make her cook for all of you anymore as a payment." Shuhua chuckled.

Amused, Miyeon shook her head rapidly as a response, "I will rather buy her her favorite bouquet at Amara's shop."

Shuhua choked an air before letting out an overdoing gasp, "I'm telling you. That could cost you double, no, maybe triple or quadruple of the price of the first bouquet I bought her in."

"I can do that."

"No way! You don't even know how much it had cost me!" Shuhua shushued herself immediately when she left out an ear piercing pitch. Again.

Miyeon raised her eyebrow at the younger one. Now confused.

Because Shuhua is really not the type who would tell her complains, atleast that's how it sounded to her, about some kind of financial papers, because obviously, Shuhua doesn't have any reason to.

"How much did it cost you then?"

Miyeon stumbled when Shuhua increased on her feet as she towered the older one, frowning slightly with her pouting lips in extra. And Miyeon was shocked when Shuhua shoved her two fingers in front of the older one's face, as she shouted,

"One month of my allowance, unnie! One month! Can you imagine how I got shortened on all expenses?" Shuhua groaned as she she jumped back on her spot, now laying flat and Miyeon can't help but to just laugh.

They all knew how Shuhua, even without her parent's guidance, is always a spoildy child just by watching how she spends all her money in whatever she wants. And sometimes, Yuqi and Shuhua are arguing about it since the second youngest wants Shuhua to be responsible, just like her, she says.

"Well, atleast Soojin had helped you grew a lil bit."

"No- Ugh!"

Miyeon was about to form her sentence but then a sudden noise erupted from behind, loud steps and words barking with it. And the older one rolled her eyes. Is 30 minutes really that short? Just how irritating the other girls could be?

"Your time is up!" Soyeon grinned, offering her hand to Shuhua to help the younger girl get up in which Shuhua accepted but then dashed towards Soojin who looks at her worriedly.

Soojin can see the glittering eyes fresh from tears from the younger one's eyes and she can't help but to wonder, does punching Miyeon could still be counted as respectful?

"Jin! Oh thank God! I'm starving." Shuhua smiled brightly in front of her as she made a sound of grumbling, telling that it came from her stomach.

"You have the guts, Shu." Soojin raised her eyebrow when she heard the oldest laughing after what it may seem like teasing? Is that what Miyeon did?

Wait what? Teasing?

"Yah! Our privacy, Miyeonie. Shh!" Shuhua immediately shushed the older one before pulling Soojin's hand to enter back inside the house, "I'm craving for Tteokbokki?!"

"I'll cook you one."

"Oh yeah?!" Soojin got startled when Shuhua stopped from walking just to hug her but eventually resumed walking after doing it. Soojin chuckled. Shuhua's back from being noisy.

Well, the younger one is always been noisy, yes. But the lightness of her mood now is definitely something that she suppose, came from the talk with her ex is better.

Forget the punching thought. Soojin missed it.

"Shu, Let's play first!" They heard Yuqi called from behind but Shuhua chose to ignore it, earning several groans from the other three who didn't have the chance of talking to her. "Shuhua-yah!"

Shuhua stared right off on her phone. Gulping hard as she thinks of writing her mom a message. There are two possible outcomes actually, her parents would come running to her as soon as possible to get her back at her shelter or just shrugged it off.

Shuhua doesn't know which is better.

Well, it's not like this is her first time sleeping over at friend's house, it's just that the new circumstances is making her worry. And she would be ed off if something happens out of her control.

Shuhua got startled when an arm s on her waist, pulling her into a tight embrace, "Something's.. up?" The younger one smiled as she heard Soojin's sleepy voice, still husky from her sleep.

Shuhua shook her head, putting off her phone in Soojin's bedside table as she turned around to face the older one, Soojin tried hard to open her eyes to look at her in which Shuhua chuckled on because of how adorable the sight is.

The older one is probably, understandably tired because of the chaos earlier. The party went on in a blast. Six girls can't limit the fun, afterall.

Because Yuqi kept on whining earlier, Shuhua played with her in several games, either in a videogame or not, name it. With Minnie and Soyeon in extra, of course.

But then things happened so fast. And the next thing they knew, the four of them alreay got caught in a fight. A situation wherein Soojin and Miyeon who were in the kitchen busy babying the kids with their cooking, had to come out to see if they could settle the fight.

"I mean, Shuhua basically cheated!" Yuqi frowned as she pointed her finger up to the younger one who scoffed in return.

"I second that. It was obvious since Shuhua kept on hitting her when she was about to win!" Minnie exclaimed while raising her right hand as if in a classroom reciting.

They were arguing about the game, Smash Bros.

Soyeon intently stared at Yuqi as she pointed a look at the latter's finger, telling her to move it down in which her girlfriend followed in a quick shakingly motion, "Just give the bucks out and it's over."

"I second that!" Shuhua exclaimed, also raising her hand to detailed the action of Minnie earlier, and as expected, Soyeon bursted out laughing her out but stopped abruptly as Yuqi threw her a pillow, headshotting her.

Which of course, ignited the battle. A Pillow fight, in exact.

After Yuqi's pillow hit her girlfriend's head, Shuhua immediately grabbed as many pillows as she can on the couch and threw it all at once at the chinese one while Soyeon was about to tackle Yuqi down but instantly was stopped because of Minnie who blocked her path. 

A live and girl version of David and Goliath, Soojin thought. Backing out with Miyeon to enjoy the fight a little bit, or maybe to be in a safe zone.

Soyeon blinked. Pouting, she side stepped while staring intently at the older one's eyes as she quickly grabbed the pillow on the ground which was thrown earlier by the youngest and without hesitation, slammed in Minnie's built repeatedly.

Soyeon giggled, now running away from the older one who in return is planning to tackle the shorter one. Minnie can't just believe she lose in that span of second. No, her pride won't be able to take it so she chased Soyeon to recover.

"Do you also think the same as mine?" Miyeon whisphered underneath her breath, obviously making the words only to be heard by the person beside her, Soojin.

"If you're thinking of going back to the kitchen to save our , then yes." Soojin whisphered back as they both made eye contact. The both of them now slowly stepping back towards the kitchen after the exhange of words.

But lucky them, Soyeon wasn't thinking the same.

Soyeon stood foot away from Minnie, both of them are currently panting hard at the second floor as she held her hand up towards the older one, Minnie raised her eyebrow in question. "There's.. no way I'm giving you.. a chance, Soyeon-ah." Minnie whisphered, still panting on her ground.

"And there's.. no way I'll ask you for that, unnie.." Soyeon said. Now her hands laying on her knees, putting all her weight on it, "Those two.." Soyeon motioned the first floor and Minnie's eyes directed towards the couch where the two youngest are tackling each other down, she smiled at the sight of the two laughing together, "Not those kids. I mean those two,"

Soyeon pointed her fingers below the floor, "That two oldies tip toeing."

Minnie's mouth hanged open at the ridiculous sight, Soojin and Miyeon are currently holding each other's hand as they slowly back stepping outside of the scene, their eyes glued on the two youngest that's why they can't see the two of them right now.

"So? Ceasefire?" Soyeon held out her hand for Minnie,

And the latter smiled victoriously as she shook her hand with the younger one's, "Sounds like a plan.. Deal."

Soyeon smirked as she pulled out her hand from the handshake and turned her body to yell at the two youngest who are now just giggling and tickling each other, "Kids!" The two face her in instant, "Look who's escaping!"

When Soyeon pointed out towards Soojin and Miyeon's place who immediately stopped in their tracks and widened their eyes, no words needed for Yuqi and Shuhua to launch an attack. It was too late when the older ones realized the scene and when they were about to dash away, still holding hands, they were already caught by the two youngest and were quickly supported by Soyeon and Minnie who ran towards the place.

"Weren't you two supposed to meddle in the fight?" Soyeon asked as they all tightened the hug around the two.

"We're planning to!"

"We rather save ourselves!" 

Soojin groaned when Miyeon voiced out their real intention, "Miyeon you--" Soojin wasn't able to finish when the four of them already began tickling the two of them, four if you would count Shuhua who's only bothering Miyeon and not her. She's hesitating if it's right to team up against Soojin, so the youngest one just decided to just focus on attacking Miyeon.

"What the did we even do--" Soojin shrieked as Soyeon tickled her on side, enjoying her state.

 

"I was thinking of sending my mom a message."

"Hmm.." The older one pulled her closer as she snuggled in her neck, "Did you?"

"Should I?"

"Don't ask me for that,"

"I just won't, then."

"You.. sure?" Soojin opened her eyes, silently asking Shuhua as she stared right off in her eyes,

"Hm. It should be fine, It's 4 in the morning either. So it should.. be?" Soojin grinned tiredly tapping her hand softly at her back, "Alright. We'll just deal with it later, okay? We should probably sleep for now, Shu. Aren't you sleepy?" Shuhua chuckled as Soojin's voice became whiny at the end.

"Sleep well, Jin.." Shuhua cheekily smiled when she heard the older one snore. Trapping her between her arms.