Chapter 3

Chasting Lips

"Should I start here? Nah?" Soojin sighed and stood up from the cold floor of their dance studio as she went nearer to the younger one who asked her a question for the eleventh time already.

There were only two of them inside of the Dance studio as Soojin was only keeping the younger one a company, Shuhua did not been able to attend the practice earlier afternoon and she have to keep up to them to be able to perform at the upcoming event.

Shuhua pouted, replaying the performance at the ipad once again, 

"Sway your hand this way before doing that.." Soojin illustrated the move while looking at Shuhua's eyes at the mirror in front of them, "And make your steps lively, you're not synching up with the beat."

"Would this be alright, then?" Shuhua imitated Soojin's steps while making it more alive in which Soojin approved instantly, "That's it!"

Soojin got the ipad out from Shuhua's hand as she stand at the corner of the room, just enough to see the younger one's move clearly, "Let's start from the top, Shu. It's getting late,"

After Shuhua perfected the steps, Soojin carefully placed the Ipad at the chair sitting beside her on the corner. 

Rolling her sleeves up to her elbow that even she, thinks it's ridiculous to have a heavy thing, a sweater, wrapping up on her body, she made her way to the younger one as they both started dancing to the rhtym.

The clear and firm sounds of each of their steps and the oozing cold of wind by aircondition rounding up on each of them made their dancing even more captivating, as if they were the missing pieces for the gorgeous sound of music.

Panting up hard after ending the choreography, they stared at each other at their reflection on the mirror with a glint of smile on their face but Soojin could tell how Shuhua's smile can not seem to hide the sadness shining in her eyes.

And her not wanting to bring the topic that may cause to break the soothing atmosphere, Soojin went her way to put on an off to the speaker, "Do you want me to walk you home? I can cook you a seaweed soup."

"No, unnie. It's way past eleven now and you have an exam for your Chem tomorrow.." Shuhua walk towards the end of the room as she clinged her backpack on her, going beside the older one carrying the other bag on her hand and Soojin quickly slinged her bag on her when Shuhua is already a feet away, grabbing the thing in a second, "Feeling guilty doesn't help me much, Shu."

Shuhua then plastered a lively smile on her face, it's the least thing she could do"Just head home right away, Soojin unnie."

Putting the Ipad on top of a glass shelf on the room, Soojin lead the both of them way out after switching off the lights as she locked the door after.

"Take-outs again?"

"I'm craving for pizza, Jinjin!" Soojin pinched the younger one's cheeks as Shuhua look so adorable puffing out a squeal, "Not healthy."

"Healthy sounds boring." Shuhua winked at her as Soojin playfully rolled her eyes, earning a giggle from the younger one.

"I'll stop by to feed you lunch tomorrow. Cafeteria food doesn't make it any better." Soojin wrapped her hand around Shuhua's shoulder as she lead the both of them to exit at the university. The twinkling sound of the wind passing them off smoothly as they walked faster and Soojin tightened her grip more when she felt Shuhua shivering from the coldness of evening.

Soojin hailed a cab for the both of them, making sure Shuhua had gone home safely as she politely stated her address next when she saw the younger one went inside of the condominium bouncing lightly on her feet.

"You're not answering my calls. I'm worried. You said you'll be home by four?" Soojin smiled at the worried Soyeon standing in front of her as she stack her shoes beside the others. She shrugged, "Shuhua requested for me."

"Not again.." The smaller one muttered but continued her words instantly when she saw Soojin furrowing her brows, "Is she doing fine?"

"Doing better. I'll make her lunch for tomorrow, Jeon, so please? Wake me up before nine?" The smaller one shook her head slowly, "Soo.. If Miyeon knew about this--"

"Then can you tell if I care or not?"

Soojin went to go inside of her bedroom, wanting to dismiss the subject instantly. 

The house is surprisingly silent for the night, no Yuqi and Minnie quarreling nor Miyeon scolding one of them for causing too much troubles, now she wonders if the others aren't home beside Soyeon who followed her trails as she stepped inside of the room.

And as if Soyeon read her mind, she heard the smaller one said, "Alright I'm sorry. But don't be ridiculous. That two children was scolded by a mad Cho for.. well, you guess it." Soojin raised her brow, not taking much effort to even think for a reason.

"They were caught on ing." Soyeon throw the pillow right back at her bed after slapping it on the older one's face, not giving a on Soojin's glare.

Soyeon shrugged, "You ing asked for it."

Soojin sighed as she went towards her door and opened it wide, "I want to rest, Yeon. Please?"

"Tell me a quick update then," Soyeon then, as if she was switched on a new persona, grabbed a small notebook placed on her packet and a pen hanging on pants, why on pants? For a cooler look, just as what she said.

"Now, what did they bought for you?"

"A Kapture. Let's start now, shall we?" Soyeon opened the cap of the pen using and hanged it between her lips as she nodded at the older one, urging her to speak.

When Soyeon did not hear a single word came from the taller one, she took off the cap from her lips and tossed it at the bedside table, "Oh come on! One sentence wouldn't hurt. Please, Soo?" 

Soojin rolled her eyes when she heard the younger one's aegyo as she thought about it, scoffing. A kap-- or something like that must be so expensive that her bestfriend is willing to sell her sentence off right away. 

"I had coffee for breakfast." She rolled her eyes as she watched the smaller one mumbled her words as she jot it down on her notes, "Do you also do p.s.?"

"Hmm? Oh yeah, sure! Anything you like to say, honey." The smaller one grinned.

"Stop sneaking amounts on my account--"

"Uhm..--" 

"Or else I'll put it on for a closed name. Y'all could take your own s." Soyeon bite her lip as she darted her eyes away from her notebook, pursing her lips lightly.

"Write it down, Yeon. You know what I will do if you won't." Soyeon huffed out an annoyed sigh when Soojin grabbed a random pajamas on her way before entering the bathroom. Slamming the door closed a little bit hard.

Seriously though, why can't she just have an item for free? 

---

Clicking her tongue inside of , Shuhua rested her back on the headboard as she closed her eyes tiredly. In front of her is a woman with both of her arms firmly on her waist and on her couch is a man who barely even look at the scene, his eyes only following the smoke that his lighted cigarette released.

It hasn't been an hour since she came home when she found her parents lazing around at her room with their usual bad news. And with the tiredness creeping around her body, it's expected that she would not be able to handle her mood calmly. She literally just shouted a few disrespectful words earlier and now she feel bad.

Shuhua groaned as she left the comfort of her bed, aggresively removing the gray sheets away from her body and frustratedly brushed her a bit messy hair with her hand before stomping her way towards her walk in closet.

"Are you--" The woman did not been able to continue her sentence as she'd been cutted off by her own laugh, "Oh kiddo, being mad won't change a thing. What? Is it my fault that she has been forcing you to leave this expensive home of yours right now?"

The middle aged woman smiled as she walked her way towards the younger one's closet where she saw Shuhua shoving her clothes into a black medium sized suitcase, not even bothering to fold a single one of it.

"Oh sweetie, leave that be. I'll have all of your things here.." She motioned the things laying around the younger one's room as she voiced out, "Deliver nicely on your new home."

Shuhua rolled her eyes, huffing out a defeated sigh, "That's so sweet of you, mom. But please, I want it near my school."

"Oh sweetie I'm sorry.. but she bought you a space even farther away from this one."

Shuhua who had been fidgeting the zip of her suitcase snapped her head in an instant to look at the woman with shock. This is ridiculous.

"Mom, what? You've got to be kidding me. This already caused a huge hassle on me, what's more with even farther away than this one?."

Her mom then, shrugged. "It's either you'll stay at the house or live at that expensively sick place." And as if she remembered something, she turned around to go back to where she is standing earlier to find her new bought handbag in wherever-- her eyes grow wide when she found it on her husband's hands who's now observing it attently.

"Oh please. Yours was not even placed in Seoul!" Shuhua complained as she followed her mom at her bedroom but she furrowed her brows as she watch the scene in front of her,

"You bought this?"

"O-Of course! What do you think of me?"

"I'll ask you again. Did you. Bought this?"

Wuseok then, Shuhua's dad, blew the last smoke before pinning the of the cigarette into the ash tray as he grow tall standing up to his feet towering over her wife. 

Haerim gulped nervously as she avoided his eyes, looking anywhere but his. "Yeh Haerim!"

Shuhua's eyes bounced off at her parents, confused. It doesn't make sense as to why her dad is close to being mad when it's just a new handbag of her mom, expensive yes, but they can still afford it, don't they?

"Wuseok, come on! It's not like a Cleopatra Clutch wouldn't only cost her a penny. What are you so worried for? Huh?" Haerim scoffed, grabbing the silver bag away from her husband's hand.

Shuhua's eyes widened at that, that Lana Marks Cleopatra Clutch?

"You did not just exchange me for that." Haerim froze in her spot as she heard the low tone of Shuhua. She silently asked for her husband's help with her eyes but the man just shook his head, leading his way out of the room.

He had enough of it.

"Sweetie.."

"No, mom. I do understand just-- can you leave now? My body's aching to rest and I'll promise to go to the new apartment as early as I can for tomorrow." 

"Shuhua, you do understand your mom, right? I'm just worried about that stalker, I--" 

"I ain't no one's daughter, ma'am. So please help your way out, I'll go rest. Lock the door before you leave." Shuhua walked passed her mom as she went under the cover of her sheets in her queen size bed, ignoring the look on Haerim's face.

"M-make sure to be up before seven, your dad have work and he will be fetching you tomorrow.." Shuhua released a sigh after hearing her mother muttering a goodbye as she heard the clicked sound of the door, indicating that the woman had already left.

Shuhua wonders if it's just her tired and sleepy state that is talking, but she's deeply hurt, and it just doesn't make sense. This is not the first time that her mother had done something like this, exhanging her for luxurious things because why not? She's a great deal, atleast that's what her mom says.

She still love her mom, of course, who wouldn't love someone that had taken care of you since you've been granted an access in this rudely rough world? There's just these times that she can't fully understand what's up with her mother's head. 

One day she will be a loving and caring mother that is so protective over her that even a bite of mosquito could be the cause of the hospital but then in that also exact day she would be the opposite of that, selling her off for a good expensive accessories that even her dad is against it. Her mother is like the day and night in her own.

Shuhua deeply sighed as her eyes glistened for tears. Relaxing in the softness of her bed, she tried to doze off sleep.

--

Yuqi's brows twitched when she saw Tzuyu arrogantly walked inside of their dance club, way on Lisa. Exactly the right time as it was only just a minute of their water break. 

The chinese one straightly gulped her water in a bottle as she stood up abruptly, tiptoeing silently as she get near the two. To obviously eardrops.

Yuqi could also feel the curious gaze of her other members because who wouldn't? The great Tzuyu finally gone off the Theater and Arts as she  stepped inside of their glorious room. Everyone knows how the girl has some sort kind of obsession towards her club so it's really a miracle for Tzuyu stepping inside. 

Yuqi wanted to roll her eyes when she heard Sana girl crushing the Taiwanese one. 

Oh girl, you got yourself on a dark side

Yuqi pouted when she saw Lisa glaring at her on the mirror, finally noticing her intention, "Oh there she is." All of their heads turned towards the door creaking open when Lisa exclaimed, pointing her pinky at Shuhua who awkwardly peek at the doorway. A latecomer.

Yuqi saw how Lisa tapped the taiwanese back as she motioned the door using her head. It feels weird.

"Alright guys! Get your asses up, we'll resume in a minute. In your positions, please." Lisa chuckled when she heard the room filled with unending groans, she's clearly enjoying this, "Soojin, lead them for the highlight part..."

Yuqi did not been able to hear the other words as she sneaked outside, worried as to why Tzuyu has her grin on her face before Shuhua and her had gone off from her sight. She quickly went her way towards the end of the hallway where she heard a low tone of voice echoing inside of an empty room at the dead end.

"What? I'm now giving you an opportunity. It's only been a month since you left, Shuhua, have you gone stupid?" Yuqi furrowed her brows as she leaned on the door more, ears attached.

Yuqi heard the younger one chuckled as her voice came out mockingly, "No  Tzuyu, have you. Gone stupid?" Yuqi bite her bottom lip as an attempt to clear out her laugh when she heard Shuhua emphasized the word, "Why are you even mad at me though? I gave you a favor.. and I'm sure I've done my part--"

"Idiot. You know what? Just come back I-- there will be a new project, a film rather. It's a movie, Shu. You can make it, right?"

"You mean the production?"

"Oh god, of course not!"

"Tzuyu.. I--"

"The main suits you best, alright? And besides.. I miss you." 

A defeaning silence for that.

"What? Wait sorry, I did not quite catch that?" Yuqi's eyes bawled out in disbelief, is this perhaps a kind of confession? A ridiculous one.. indeed? 

Yuqi held shut as she quietly detached herself from the door, oh no, she's not yet ready for that. She's cringing too much. So the taiwanese' hate towards Shuhua was just an act, is that it? Damn. An unexpected yet clichè love story makes her wanna puke. She read novels enough that she doesn't even felt a single spark on confession. It's just usual.

Yuqi leaned on the wall as she released a chuckle, now waiting for the younger one to just come out from the room. 

Yuqi stood up straight and fake a cough when she saw the two already going out of the room with just broken chairs inside, Tzuyu spare her a glance, face as gloomy as the night before walking away. She saw Shuhua pouted lightly towards the other one's direction before walking off towards her with a slightly confused face. Obviously not expecting her.

"I'm ready."

Shuhua raised her eyebrow, "You're ready what."

The taller one looked at her wrist as she voice out a tick tock, as if she's actually wearing a watch on, "It's been a week since you two broke up-- I mean, since you broke up with Miyeon. So now I'll give you an hour, a chance rather, to give me details."

Shuhua chuckled at that, lone eyes had been lit up of amusement, "How about the dance?" She motioned the way towards their dance club's area as she heard the loud steps coming from inside, Lisa's shout wavering on top.

Yuqi rolled her eyes as she linked her arms at the younger one, both of them now heading towards the exit, "That's why we have Soojin."

"You're way too comfortable now, Song Yuqi. I'll tell this to unnies." Shuhua laughed.

Shuhua pursed her lips, pouring out Yuqi's apple juice in her own cup. She has this sly grin on her face as she quickly put it down resting at Yuqi's side, at her front. They are now at their university's cafeteria, right on the corner and it was only 2 o'clock in the afternoon, after lunch but their stomachs seems to be growling a lot. So the older one had volunteer to get a second set of orders, and Shuhua obviously had taken advantage.

"You ty brat." Shuhua jumped in her seat when a tray slammed on their table, enough to create a noise around the area. She looked up to see a pissed Chinese who just spat at her seconds ago walking away to perhaps get a pitcher of an apple juice again since she drank the last fill, she stiffled a laugh. 

Yuqi is literally stomping hard on the floor like a child she is.

But a minute hadn't passed when Yuqi came on whining in front of Shuhua's view, "Oh come on!" on her side is her girlfriend who's now pinning something towards the younger one using her eyes, behind them are the two oldest with the their act of bored look, Shuhua memorized all of it.

Shuhua instantly avoided Miyeon's stare when their eyes came across each other, she's too nervous to hold it on any longer. 

"Yuqi.. let's just talk some other time--"

"You won't." Shuhua zipped her lips as Soyeon cutted her off, voice sharp. Soyeon turned her head towards Yuqi who is now muttering something under her breath, "You two will ing not. You getting me, Song?"

When the taller one nodded her head, Shuhua's phone ringed at the top of the table and even with a shaking hands, she managed to grab it quickly when she saw the caller I.D.

Na Ji won

Grabbing the phone as soon as it rings doesn't really seems that intriguing, isn't it? Or so the four thought, it was a weird thing for them seeing the youngest that nervous when she answered the call with her voice shaking, standing and gathering her things up in a rush before running off outside. Phone still on ears.

"Is it the third party?" 

Minnie slapped the back of Yuqi's head, earning a groan with a tint of whining in it, "When will you shut up?"

When Shuhua had finally managed to escape from the gate guards of their school, she emmediately went on a park close from the school where she saw a highly tinted black car parked in a certain area, just beside the swings.

Still catching her breath, she quickly pulled the door open in the backseat of the four seated car. As Shuhua's eyes met the other woman, probably in her mid 30's, she bowed her head slightly, ending her still on-phone call in her hands. 

"What's up?" 

"Your manners."

Shuhua sighed, leaning her back at the seat as she focused her eyes outside of the window, sunlight picking through it, "Just.. what do you want?"

"I heard from Haerim that you don't want your location far from school?"

"Yeah. So are you here to tell me that you'll changing my space once again? I'm fine with that."

She heard the woman beside her released a sigh, "I can find you a better school near your apartment."

"Oh wow. Sorry but I rather stay."

"You're graduating, right? Once you set your foot as a student at that University, med school wouldn't be that hard for you anymore."

Shuhua scoffed. Enough to cut the woman's patience.

"Don't dare disobey me. It was your fault that they almost found you, Shuhua!" The soft voice earlier was now replaced by an angry and loud tone of words.

"I do not really give a , Ms. Jiwon." Shuhua don't know if it was just her, seeing things, but she thinks she caught a glimpse of pain from Jiwon when she barked her words out before it was replaced by a stone cold glare. The famous signature stare, "What? Your people can't back you up now? Did they realized how stupid things are--"

"Shut your mouth up or I'm sending you on states!" Shuhua zipped tight, now afraid. "How dare you cuss in front of me? You're trying me now, Yeh Shuhua?"

Shuhua felt her eyes prickle on tears as she heard the full name. "I still have my classes, if you excuse me." She didn't let her speak as she quickly went outside of the car, slight slamming off the door. 

Shuhua ran. With nowhere to go, she let herself break free from the graving sadness peaking on herself. She ran and ran with tears running down her cheeks. Until she heard a loud beep coming through her left and the next thing she knew, hands draped around her as she felt herself with a girl rolled in a ground. She heard the fast wind slipped on them as the vehicle escaped the scene, probably scared.

With the soft little grasses beneath them, Shuhua forced herself to sit up as she lend a hand to the girl who save her from her supposed hit and run accident, "Jin.."

Soojin swat her hands away as she stood up, glaring down the younger girl at her view, "I do ing not appreciate things that you do with yourself, Shuhua. Do you know how dangerous that was?"

"S-Sorry.." And Shuhua can't help it anymore as she bursted out in tears, Soojin being mad at her doesn't help her state even though she knew the older one is just worried at her, it's just too much now. And she don't know how to handle things on her way anymore. 

Soojin's eyes softened as she quickly went on her knees and embrace the younger one with a hug, "I'm sorry, Shushu.. sorry, okay? I'm just worried. What if I didn't search for you earlier? Huh? What do you think would've happen?" Soojin felt Shuhua gripped on her shirt even more as her cry got louder.

It was almost half an hour as Shuhua were still in Soojin's warm of comfort when she already felt herself calming down. "You good?" Soojin slowly pulled Shuhua away from her to look at her in the eyes when the younger one nodded her head.

Soojin placed herself to sit beside the younger one as she made Shuhua's head rest into her shoulders, "Tell me what happened."

She heard Shuhua sniffed as she whisphered in a slow voice, "Tell you what?"

"Everything."

"I don't know what is there to tell you, unnie.."

Soojin cleared , feeling the  sudden weirdness of cold in the summer, "Why did you cheat on her?" The older one felt Shuhua stiffened on her placed. Breath hitching.