When you're here

Loving you better

 

The television is playing in the background, but it didn’t seem to do its role well enough.

 

Not when the viewers’ attention is mostly on each other. 

 

Laughter fills the whole place as Sana tries her best to feed Tzuyu the last piece of fries - a dare for whoever finishes last to wash the plates.

 

“Yah! That’s not fair!” Tzuyu protested after she had finished her food first - a set of Happy Meal.

 

“You’re the one unfair! Who even eats a happy meal as an adult?”

 

“I just did.” Tzuyu grins with a peace sign.

 

Sana cackles as she straddles the taller woman to stop her escape. Tzuyu squirms around to free herself, only for her hands to be subdued when Sana takes hold of them above her head, the last piece of fries in between her plump lips.

 

Tzuyu gulps, and Sana loves what she’s seeing. 

 

She wiggles her eyebrow - the younger visibly scoffed - before slowly leaning in. Too bad for Sana because Tzuyu had already predicted her move, so she takes the chance to wrestle out of Sana’s grip and change their position.

 

“Gotcha.”

 

Sana’s eyes widened when Tzuyu pinch her nose, prompting to open and the fry to fall inside. Tzuyu cheers to herself as Sana narrows her eyes at the younger’s victory, grumpily chewing the piece in . 

 

Only to be caught by surprise when she feels soft lips landed on hers. 

 

It was a silent apology of sort, not that Sana can get mad at the cute puppy face of the woman above her. She pinches Tzuyu's cheek back for redemption, before the latter offers to clean the table and bring the plates to the sink.

 

“Sana, can I borrow your phone? I can’t find mine.”

 

Sana grins, amused at how easy it is for Tzuyu to lose her things within a short time. “Why do you always lose things so easily?”

 

“It’s not lost, just-“ Tzuyu makes a pondering face, before shrugging with an innocent smile. “Misplaced!”

 

It’s endearing, seeing this airheaded side of the younger when Tzuyu is rather known for her stoic front. Even their school friends were scared of the infamous Chou “Serious” Tzuyu. Only a few people are privileged to see it, and Sana is one of the few lucky ones.

 

In fact, she’s the luckiest of them all; because Tzuyu said so.

 

Finished with the plates, Sana walks back to the living room to see Tzuyu standing by the coffee table, her phone in the latter’s hand. It didn’t really occur to her that Tzuyu would intrude on her privacy - there was never such a thing between them in the first place.

 

Sana had bare her soul to Tzuyu and vice versa, nothing is a secret between them.

 

However, as she came closer, her eyes widened from the view shown on the phone screen - the tabloid article.

 

Then, she remembers.

 

Just a few hours earlier, she was struggling with the impending official news of her dating rumor. The news probably had reached the whole general public by now, and Sana is the last one to know, ironically.

 

Bless Tzuyu for making her forget about today.

 

She came unannounced, so Sana was grateful for the surprise visit despite the younger woman working in another town. She wonders if Tzuyu had read the news - well, maybe that’s why she’s here in the first place.

 

She always did - Tzuyu had always been there for her.

 

Sana’s steps slowed, carefully studying Tzuyu’s expression from the news but it was futile, as always. She always has that bored face, no matter the situation she’s facing. 

 

But Sana knows just the trick to see her true feelings.

 

She comes from behind, landing her chin softly on Tzuyu’s shoulder.

 

“Is it good?”

 

“Not really.” Tzuyu didn’t spare her a glance, only the corner of her lips slightly lifted. “ I just want to see how many versions it has.”

 

“Hmm…”

 

Sana slides her hands over Tzuyu’s lean waist, pulling the woman closer. Her whole body begins to relax, and she still wonders what kind of spell Tzuyu put to make her feel at ease just from the simple contact.

 

She didn’t read the article - not even giving it a glance - instead, her eyes fell on the younger’s face, finding Tzuyu’s side feature more interesting than anything else.

 

Tzuyu caught her staring, of course - but didn’t react to it. 

 

“Sorry, you forgot to close the article it seems. It’s the first thing that pops up when I open your phone.”

 

“It’s fine.” She murmured against Tzuyu’s neck, before placing a light kiss.

 

“This co-actor they mentioned.” Sana glanced up, seeing the familiar twinkle in Tzuyu’s eyes. “Is he really that handsome?”

 

She snorted, followed by a fit of giggle before letting out a small breath. Tzuyu and her damn blunt questions always make her laugh, even when it’s not that funny. 

 

“He wouldn’t be the main character if he’s not, Tzu.”

 

“Okay, just making sure.” 

 

“What?”

 

Tzuyu still has that usual blank face on, before a small smirk works its way on her face.

 

“That I’m still the prettiest in your eyes.”

 

“Are you now?” Sana joins in, with mirth in her voice.

 

“Well, you didn’t literally admit he is handsome.” She puts a finger on her chin, “And I got to hear you say it to my face every time, so there.” 

 

Tzuyu smugly replied, and Sana was flabbergasted with the smartass answer. Another giggle bubbles up while Tzuyu stares back with her wide, triumphant grin. She latches closer to the younger, their bodies shaking together from Sana’s laughter.

 

She begins to calm down, feeling Tzuyu’s fingers trailing over her arm, the soft touch causing tingles to her skin. Her fingertips trail over Sana’s knuckles, and she feels lightheaded.   

 

“I love you.”

 

Her heart thuds a beat as their fingers thread together. She can feel her eyes stinging, tears welling up from the confession. It wasn’t the first time, but it feels as if it was each time she heard it from Tzuyu.  

 

Her chest squeezed, in a good way, and somehow the weight hanging on her shoulders disappeared. She feels like soaring to the sky and scatters her imaginary hearts to the world below, because she is overwhelmingly loved - and in love.

 

Sana didn’t notice when Tzuyu turned around in her arms, until a kiss landed on her forehead.

 

And the whole world stops. 

 

The only thing she sees is the gentle eyes of Tzuyu looking back at her with a familiar warmth and strength that makes her feel as if she owns the whole world. She feels like drowning in the clear pair of orbs, drowning in Tzuyu’s never-ending love.

 

A deep, but gentle kiss is exchanged, and Sana is in love, again.

 

Call her greedy, but she wants more of Tzuyu. 

 

She needs her, she craves her.

 

“Make love to me.” 

 

Soft lips hover over hers, followed with a whisper.

 

“Make me.”

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: Hoping this will manifest for SaTzu moments from this comeback.

STREAM ALCOHOL FREE!!!