Loving you better

Loving you better

Listen to this for this work was inspired by this song (I'm a er for sporty spice). And yeah, work so where's the Tzu to my Sana???

 


 

It was another hectic day at the office today, and the drizzle of rain pouring down right after the late meeting ended didn’t help lift up her mood walking back home. But she pushes through the rain anyway, wanting nothing more than to have a nice warm shower, a nice cup of hot tea and sleep the night away.

 

She sighs, musing what a good life she has indeed.

 

As she nears her apartment, she searches for her keys in the pouch of her sling bag, only to be startled at the unknown presence by her staircase as she looks up. 

 

Black leather coat, stiletto boots with frizzy salmon pink hair welcome her, and she exhales gently. She takes in the presence of slight sniffles, faint trembling of shoulders, and arms wound around frail body to keep the cold at bay. 

 

 A normal sight for her, except today they are drenched all over, heavily.

 

“Sana.”

 

The woman tilts her head upwards, eyes bloodshot red, and she feels a pang in her chest. Instead, she smiled, hoping it's warm enough for her, warm enough to get her thoughts across.

 

Jingles of keys followed with a loud clack, she holds the door open. “Come inside.”

 

The woman stood up, standing awkwardly while pinching bluish fingers. The contemplation showed on her face, her foot hovering to cross the door sill, just a step away onto the burgundy square mat. Their eyes met, and she gave a small nod, tilting her head inside. A welcoming gesture, one she’s used to, if not for her countless visits, asking her to take a courageous leap into comfort and leave her brokenness outside behind closed door.

 

It’s almost with practiced ease, how she takes the woman’s coat off, shoves her inside the warm shower and brews a hot chamomile tea in the kitchen. Even when her blue working shirt is thoroughly soaked, her feet losing touch from the cold floor, the priority is always never hers. 

 

Not when she is here.

 

Quickly changing into comfortable clothes, she plops into the couple's couch, mugs of tea already waiting on the coffee table, the steam visible inside the dim living room. She counts in her head, a habit, as she patiently waits for the shower to turn off. Exactly ten seconds later, the space beside her dipped, warmth emitting from the new presence.

 

Without a word, she offers the mug, their fingers touching. A palpable contrast of temperature, and it’s soothing in a way. Their shoulders touch, an imposing lean in her personal space, but she welcomes it anyway. Always. 

 

“A tough day today?”

 

She asked, despite her own ty schedule. But no, she’s not the one needing attention, not the one with fame and fortune rested on her shoulders, laid bare for eyes to scrutinize and criticize.

 

“The usual.” A shrug, half-hearted one with a tight-lipped smile. “I got into a fight.”

 

Again, was at the tip of her tongue, but she bit it down. Instead, she takes a sip to wash away the bitterness, even if her own is unsweetened. 

 

“It’s a big one this time,” She choked back a sob, “and I’m not sure what to do.”

 

She hums, letting it be known that she’s listening attentively. However, the question given after was unexpected, a heart crushing one.

 

“Am I not good enough, Tzu?”

 

She scoots closer, despite their already close distance, head turns to face her. She stares into a pair of light brown eyes, uncertainties and insecurities plain to see from the windows of her soul. 

 

“You’re always enough, Sana.” She whispered, softly but firmly. “And I know you’re good, no - wonderful enough to overcome this too, like you always do.”

 

A smile appeared, a small one, but that’s enough for her. 

 

“You’re really a sweet talker.” 

 

There’s a tone of sultry in her voice, and she knows what’s about to come. As every night does. Lips hovering over hers, warm breath mingling, tingling to get closer and piece them together. But she puts a finger, stopping the pair of enticing soft pinkish lips from meeting her own. 

 

“No, not tonight.” She was met with an eyebrow raised. “It’s your night, Sana. Let’s talk about you, okay?”

 

As if a button of repressed emotions had been pressed, the dam broke again. Sparkling tears fall from her bright glittering eyes, painting her reddened cheeks with a precious waterfall of misery and pain.

 

And she’s here to catch them all, here to catch her fall.

 

Face buried in her chest, her dry plain shirt soaked yet again, but she didn’t mind, not even a bit. The sobbing got louder, uncontrollable, and she wound her arms tighter, clinging onto a frail waist, soft tresses of hair dyed in countless colors with split ends, muttering sweet nothings to soothe the struggling soul of a precious heart. 

 

She smells of peach, of summery taste that always tingles her sensation to frenzy, but also of warmth and home. She wonders if it’s the same, what she did to her. Because if she did, then she’s content enough to be the source of comfort for the heartaches.

 

“Tzu?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Will you leave me someday too?” She pulls away, revealing a tear-stricken face that is still breathtaking, still gleam with hope despite the flickering despair. 

 

She gazes deeply, conveying her thoughts and inner emotions, hoping it will get through to her dear best friend. Oh, how foolish of her, how selfish of her to be thinking of these sacred feelings when what she needed is a friend. 

 

A friend to hold her hand and love her endlessly.

 

“I love you too much to leave you, Sana.”

 

Tighten jaws clenching, slackening with every of thumb. Brown irises shaking, slowly closing shut. Dried lips quivering, easing into slightly open lips, anticipating for a touch of love, a reassurance of their tandem beating heart.

 

So she leans down, pressing firmly but gently, exuding her honesty and promise to take the pain away, and to love her forever.

 

Because at the end of the day, she’s not going anywhere, and she won’t let go. She’s got nothing to lose, she already has a wonderful life anyway, a wonderful love of her life. She's here to love her, to love her better, and to be her home.

 

Just for her.

 

“I’m here, Sana. I got you.”