Life through the lens

Series of Damned Prompts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hitomi woke up to the smell of bacon wafting through the room. The Japanese girl would have complained about waking up at eight in the morning on a Saturday after a stressful work week, but today was an exception. It was her significant other's first time to spend the night at her house after the extremely emotional night that they had last night which consisted of a tear-filled confession under the pouring rain. She could still vividly remember each detail of what happened, especially the kiss that led to a rather hurried entrance to her humble abode.

That was how Chaewon went from a summer fling to a girlfriend.

Hitomi thought she was still dreaming until she heard a loud scream from the kitchen.

She immediately woke up and ran to the kitchen expecting the worst, but she could not help but be flustered by what she saw.

Chaewon was wearing her cute Apeach apron over a muscle shirt that was long enough to cover her half her thighs. The girl had a spatula on one hand while the other was pointing at the bacon slices that were, to put it nicely, "over-charred". Amidst the smoke that covered half the kitchen, Hitomi could see the pout on the older girl's face that she swore was one of the cutest sights she has ever seen. 

"Hitomaaaa, I burned the bacon."

Her cute voice together with the chaotic site was enough for Hitomi to melt. It is a mystery on how Chaewon could be such a baby when Hitomi was around even though she was supposed to be older. She was tempted to run over and hug the older girl, but she knew that she needed to deal with the smoke first if she did not want their romantic morning get crashed by firefighters over a triggered smoke alarm. She turned the burner off and took the spatula from Chaewon's hand to salvage the bacon before it completely burns to a crisp.

After she expertly scraped the last piece of bacon to a plate, she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist from the back. Hitomi turned to see Chaewon about to put her chin on her shoulder, earning a smile on the Japanese girl's face before she felt the welcomed weight on her shoulder.

Chaewon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter