Chapter 6: Yin

Sweet bubble tea

Yin

Crap. Why am I so nervous? All I’m doing is going to coin karaoke with friends. I shouldn’t be so nervous. I bite my lip. What do I wear? I walk to my dresser and pull out a dress. No. I pull out jeans and a t-shirt. No. I grab sweatpants and a sweatshirt. Heck no. I shove the drawer back into the dresser and call Yohan. She picks up the phone. “Let me borrow your clothes.” “Wow, no hello?” “I don’t know what to wear!” She sighs. “I’ll come over.” “Thank you! Thank you!” “You owe me.” “Yes, yes I do.” “I’m outside right now.” “What? How?” “I knew you’d need my help.” She hangs up, and I hear a knock at the door. I run downstairs and yank her in by the arm. She grabs my wrist and drags me upstairs, shoving clothes at me. “Try these on.” I run to the bathroom and put on the little flowered sundress she gave me. It’s a bit short, but it is very cute and absolutely perfect for this. “Thank you, Yohan!” “No problem.” “Now let’s go eat ramen!” “errm… about that…” “What?” “Can we do that after?” “Why?” “We were all gonna meet at karaoke early and go eat afterward.” “Ugh. Fine.” “Yay! Now let’s go get yo girl!” “She’s not my girl!” I protest. But she just smiles and drags me out the door.