Keep you safe

Our stories

A/N: This story takes place in 2019, before the release of The ReVe Festival Day 1It is also inspired by a tweet, which I believe has been deleted (or the account has been suspended). Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy this! Feedbacks and criticisms are always welcome :)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A soft bed and the warmth of her blankets were everything Seulgi could ask for tonight. The past week has been hectic for all of them as their next comeback and third concert moves closer and closer.

The group just finished their third rehearsal of the week and will finally have a free day tomorrow. Seulgi plans nothing but to take that free time to catch up on sleep and recharge her body before getting busy again.

The sound of the air conditioner and faint TV noise outside filled Seulgi's ears, slowly lulling her to sleep. Just when she was about to slip into slumber, she felt something warm and heavy on top of her.

Seulgi thought it was Yeri trying to annoy her again—something the younger always does—but the smell of lavender made her realize it was their leader.

"Joohyun? What are you doing?" she groggily asked.

"Trying to sleep."

"I can see that. But why here, and why on top of me?"

"I'm protecting you,” Irene said as she snuggled closer to Seulgi.

Seulgi is more confused. It's not a secret that Joohyun can be clingy, but she rarely sleeps next to Seulgi (or on top of her, for that matter) since they all have their own rooms now.

"Protecting me from what exactly?"

"Loneliness is dangerous," Joohyun deadpanned as she made herself comfortable by wrapping an arm around Seulgi's waists and laying her head on the other girl’s chest.

Seulgi hoped their leader doesn't hear how hard her heart was pounding with how close they are at that moment.

"I'm not lonely, you know," she said, praying that her voice doesn't sound shaky. Joohyun shushed her and snuggled closer.

"What's the point of having the biggest room in the dorm when you're not even going to use it?"

"Do you not want me here?" the older girl asked, although she didn't seem to have any plans of moving. Seulgi sighed. Of course she wants Joohyun there and she did miss having the older girl all to herself.

With nothing else to do, Seulgi wrapped an arm around Joohyun's shoulder and the other on her waist. She drew lazy circles on the other girl's arm to lull her to sleep while humming a lullaby she thought she has forgotten.

Seulgi closed her eyes. The sound of the air conditioner and faint TV noise outside filled her ears once again, and the smell of lavender invaded all her other senses.

A soft bed, the warmth of her blankets, and Joohyun wrapped around her like this is everything Seulgi could ask for.

 

End.