Chapter 7: My Colleague 1 is a sap

My Colleague 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their reunion took place in a dance practice in the morning since she re a night that Byulyi had work and she was fully asleep when Byulyi popped by after work to meet her in the middle of the night.

Yongsun was upset that she did not stay the night so that she could wake up to her but she chose not to express that when they had such precious little time to themselves. All she wanted to do was to hold her and let her pamper her.

They held each other tightly before their work commitments forced them apart again.

Byulyi kept her hair at shoulder-length and dyed it back to a more natural brown, quite similar to Yongsun, something that their Maknae teased a lot. She just let them laugh at her since Yongsun had revealed once publicly that she liked to copy her hairstyle. It was quite true. Yongsun was the trail-blazer between the two of them. A part of her chose this hairstyle to support her girlfriend since she had no choice but to cut her hair short due to the intensive hair damage.

Yongsun’s new hairdo was short black hair that did not quite reached her shoulders. She rocked the hairstyle since that gave her an interestingly powerful look. The older woman soon appreciated the utilitarian quality since it was rather refreshing that she did not have to tie her hair when she was going to be sweaty with chores or working out. Byulyi appreciated it because she was more inclined to wash her hair often now that it took lesser time to maintain.

That took up the whole day and Byulyi could only pop by for a while to spend some time as she prettied herself.

“I like that we’re twinning,” smiled Byulyi and Yongsun cheered up immediately, touching her new hair carefully. If Byulyi kinda like it, maybe she could grow to like it better too.

The weather turned chilly as winter descended on Seoul properly.

She had realised that Yongsun was correct about the effects of strength training since it did help to reduce the frequency of injuries. She usually strained her back from spending long hours locked in her head as she tried to compose in the past. There was the additional benefit of putting on some weight.

Byulyi managed to clear out the production of her latest single and entered the recording phrase as they got busy with practising for MAMA performance. Again, Yongsun had to disappear soon after the long hours of practice. And Byulyi was considering of approaching the managers to coordinate her schedule with hers.

Then, there was MAMA and they finally had a short break. They met up again to celebrate Hyejin’s solo win and chaos ensured in the restaurant near their company. The two juniors were on Byulyi’s case hard when they found out that Byulyi had not carry out the bargain of proclaiming her love for Yongsun as promised.

“You little punks. Why don’t you write my raps then?” teased Byulyi as she squeezed the hand of Yongsun affectionately as the older woman brush her thumb against her hand. “I’ll have more time to plan this properly. It’s not as if lyrics just pop up in my head—”

“Why do we need to help? Didn’t you write most of that new song in a night?”

Byulyi glared at Hyejin angrily, before shaking her head imperceptibly and looked pointed in the direction of Yongsun.

Yongsun turned to look at her girlfriend, pointing at her. “Is she referring to the song that you were working for a while?”

She nodded absently, fiddling with her cuff of her sleeve. “I wanted to release a single on my birthday.”

“And even Hyejin heard this future new release?” Yongsun arched a brow, looking at her expectantly. How on earth did that happen when Hyejin was busier than her?

Wheein shook her head as she facepalmed. What was her unnie doing again? She picked her cup of water and sipped from it.

“Uh,” she scratched her nose absently before she reached to grasp Yongsun’s hand, trying to get her to calm down. “She was at the studio when I was recording the song. I got it out of the way at first try. Aren’t I awesome?” She looked like a puppy, needing of praises from her leader.

Hyejin blinked continuously before nodded earnestly as she snapped her fingers “That’s right. That’s absolutely right.” She nodded to herself.

Yongsun, unconvinced by her performance, turned to look at Byulyi again before gripping her chin with her fingers carefully. “Don’t teach our Hyejin to lie. I can see through it.”

Byulyi spluttered, unable to think of a response so quickly.

“I think we should rest early. We are heading home tomorrow,” reminded Wheein, rising to her feet and dragging Hyejin together with her. “See you unnies!” She hooked her arm with hers and dragged Hyejin out as the latter tried to stuff another piece of meat into .

Yongsun’s fingers curled inwards as it drifted down so that her knuckle brushed against the bottom of her chin. Byulyi was held captive by her intense gaze before it softened. “They just got out from paying the meal.”

Byulyi laughed brightly. “My treat, Squishy, since your bills are very high.” She whipped out her wallet from her back pocket. “Shall we?”

Yongsun patted her on her head as they climbed to their feet to make payment and exit.

The cold air hit them as soon as they stepped out. “It feels colder than the night of the MAMA,” commented Yongsun as she shivered.

Byulyi merely pulled her into her arms, warming her up with her hands. “I’m hoping it will snow soon.” She glanced at the night sky. “I guess it is better to head indoors.”

They headed to Yongsun’s apartment as they chattered and made fun of each other. It felt so good that they were finally together again. She shared about her latest purchase of suits from her favourite brand as she held her hand. Yongsun lay her head against her shoulder, savouring the warmth radiating from her.

Entwined like twin, they entered Yongsun’s apartment, laughing brightly, drunk on each other.

Byulyi helped her out of her coat before shedding hers absently. She hung them carefully at the door before she realised that her girlfriend was staring at her intently, an indiscernible smile on her.

Her gaze softened when Byulyi smiled at her automatically.

Byulyi crossed the distance between them and pulled her firmly into her embrace as Yongsun buried her face into her shoulder.

Now, she was at home.

“You always know what I need,” whispered the singer sleepily.

Byulyi smiled faintly before she drew away from her to look at her. “Sleep?” The sweet fragrance of Yongsun filled her nose. Yongsun placed her hand on her chest idly as she lifted her head to meet her gaze, their noses barely touching.

“Will you stay with me tonight?” Her hand dropped to her waist and rested there. “It’s really cold tonight.”

Her lips lifted to form a sweet smile. “Is your heater not working?” She made a point to stare at the heater. “We can’t have our Kim Yongsun falling sick.”

That earned her a smack on her shoulder as Byulyi laughed brightly. Her bubbly laughter filling the empty apartment. The aching void in her chest disappeared at once. She realised that now that they had achieved their dream of being at the peak of their career, that wasn’t what she desired. She wanted this. She wanted to be able to return home to an occupied apartment and leave work outside their door. Yongsun fisted her shirt, keeping her close to her as she looked away.

“You haven’t stayed over since we were together,” stated the singer before turning to meet her gaze worriedly. “I won’t do anything you aren’t ready for. Stay with me tonight. I just want you to hold me.”

The rapper’s eyes widened before blushing. “I…I wasn’t worried about that. , we behave like we are a couple of teenagers dating for the first time. Uncertain and unsure of what to do.” She held her waist as if trying to make a point. “It’s embarrassing.”

Yongsun’s face softened as she giggled. “That’s a good description. I feel like we are treading on eggshells. It’s confusing.”

She inclined her head before she sighed. “It is confusing. I don’t think I have ever felt so much for another.” She laced her hand and kissed the back of her hand tenderly. “Just so much that sometimes I can’t breathe. And we know each other well—”

“The sound of my fart when I eat too much sweet potato?” prompted Yongsun, laughing.

“Hey!” chortled Byulyi, tears welling in her eyes. “I wasn’t going there!”

Yongsun led her to her sofa. “I got you, didn’t I?” She gave her a wink.

The rapper merely shook her head. “Squishy, you’re a bloody dork. I get that we are very close and we probably have been dating without realising for a while.” She lay on the back of the sofa tiredly. “But it’s hard? It’s not hard to be with you. I…”

The singer knew her poor ability of expressing herself as she brushed her hair away from her face and her eyes fell on her soft lips.

Automatically, she reached to rub her lips fondly. All thoughts about the discussion forgotten.

Byulyi gaze followed hers, entranced. What was she trying to tell her girl again?

Their noses brushed against each other teasingly when Yongsun leaned closer to her. Byulyi, mesmerised, leaned in, completely drawn to her. To her surprise, she felt Yongsun climb on her lap as she hooked her arms around her neck.

“Impatient,” joked the rapper huskily.

Her sweet and intoxicating scent drowned all her senses—all she could see, touch, smell and hear was her. It was a heady explosion of the senses. The rapper closed her eyes, overwhelmed by pleasure. She forced herself to open her eyes when she felt her tip her chin with a finger.

She glided closer, so close that she could count the eyelashes framing her smoky eyes. There was a twinkle—mirth at seeing her lose control to her—in that penetrating and hungry gaze. Then, she angled her head languorously, her lips parted.

Instinctively, the rapper lurched forward and captured her lips in a scorching kiss which sent pleasures down the singer’s spine. “Crinkle,” breathed Yongsun, pressing her lips on her corner of her lips as she dropped her hand to the rapper’s chest.

The rapper smiled and continued to slide her lips against her soft lips ardently. She tasted like forbidden nectar, clouding her mind with the pleasure evoked from the kiss. Yongsun tilted her head slightly, giving her access as their lips moved against each other ardently, their noses pressing against each other. Their tongues slipped in and duelled for dominance. Soon, they broke from that passionate kiss, their chests heaving as they drew in air.

Byulyi rested her forehead lovingly on hers,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter