Chapter 3: My Colleague 1 is talented

My Colleague 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun was lying on her bed, drunk from the soju they had at Hyejin’s place. Her face was bright red and she allowed her good friend to piggyback her from the taxi, into her apartment, then on her bed. The older woman was giggling brightly as Byulyi dumped her unceremoniously into the bed.

Byulyi sighed, arms akimboed.

Their punishment for pranking the birthday girl was to get solidly drunk on soju. However, Byulyi was more used to the intoxicated state than her and could still function normally. She got both of them back into Yongsun’s apartment and into her bedroom without many mishaps.

Byulyi the lamp so that the room was in a soft glow before she tended to the older woman. “OK,” muttered she to herself, brushing her dark hair away from her face absently as she took a deep breath to centre herself. Her mind was fuzzy from all the drinks so it took her a while to figure out what needed to be done.

She brushed her hair away from her face absently. “Shoes,” muttered Byulyi tiredly to herself as she dropped to the bed wobblily and reached for the sneakers on her feet and carefully removed it. She threw her hair backwards idly before she reached for her left foot and removed the sneaker carefully.

“That tickles, Byulie,” giggled Yongsun. She kicked her feet like a child, nearly hitting her face.

She would have laughed at her silliness if she were not trying to get her ready for bed. The taller woman reached up to smack her thigh as a warning before she slipped her right sneaker off her foot and tossing it aside. She mentally noted that she would put them in the shoe cabinet later.

Yongsun stilled immediately.

That helped immensely. Byulyi yanked the socks from her feet quickly before Yongsun decided to shift around. She climbed to her feet on shaky feet, pleased that she completed the first task of removing her footwear and socks.

The room was oddly silent. The rapper realised that she was no longer giggling. Yongsun was a happy drunk so she made a lot of weird but happy noises. In fact, the driver had glared at her through the rear mirror since the lead singer found everything positively amusing and shrieked in laughter constantly. She tipped the driver to thank him for his infinite patience with her: she was her colleague 1 so she was used to her antics, but others did not have to be so patient with her.

She looked at the quiet older woman lying on the bed worriedly. 

For some odd reason, Yongsun was staring at her intently, her lips trembling.

She cocked her head slightly, trying to figure out this whiplash of moods.

“Why did you hit me, Byulie?” sobbed Yongsun, tears welling in her eyes. She covered her eyes with an arm, presenting a very adorably desolate child. “I was trying to help you.”

Oh.

Her earnest whine made her heart ached, although her remarks was ridiculous. All Byulyi could do was to climb on the bed clumsily to pull the sobbing girl into her arms. She nearly slipped when she gauged the distance wrongly, but she managed to nestle against her side, her arm pillowing her neck and a comforting arm over her.

Yongsun felt so warm against her touch as they lay side by side on her bed.

“I didn’t mean it, Yong,” cooed Byulyi, pressing her lips on her head gently. She rubbed her arm soothingly as she spoke sweet nothings. When Yongsun finally lifted her arm to look at her, the taller woman was glad that she had stopped crying. Unshed tears shone in her beautiful brown eyes as she looked affectionately at her.

Her heart hammered at how adorable she was.

Kim Yongsun was always a beautiful woman, but this sweet and private sight of her was different.

Somehow it felt different even from the time they stayed together in rooftop apartment.

She found herself swallowing visibly, entranced by the sheer lovability of Yongsun. A warmth she did not understand surged through her like the balmy summer waves. Her melodic voice with a hint of steel asking her if she had the right echoed in her fuzzy mind.  Byulyi found herself completely intoxicated. At the moment, she felt like giving in, allowing herself to be swept by the torrents of feelings that she could not identify. All she knew that she was leaning in, savouring the pleasure of being so close to her.

Her blond hair tickled her cheek.

She tried to drink in all of her: the redness of her chubby cheeks, the crinkles along her cheeks; but she could only focus on her soft and red lips and the way her heart fluttered wildly. She reached to touch her blushing cheek then stopped.

Cold logic doused her. No, she wasn’t going to take advantage of Yong when she was completely drunk. She liked to think that she had a healthier esteem, that she did not need to pine over unintentional handouts of affection from Yongsun.

The rapper jerked into a sitting position quickly. She squeezed her shoulder to get her attention. “Let’s get you clean up, unnie.”

Yongsun merely stared at her, confused.

She dragged herself to the washroom to grab a warm washcloth to wipe her face. Then, she helped the older woman to change into her satin pyjamas so that she could sleep better.

It took a lot of encouragement and help to change the older woman properly. That problematic child decided that it was a good time to throw a tantrum by lying completely still on the bed. How was she going to undress her? Byulyi had no choice but removed her shirt by yanking it over her head roughly as her protest was muffled, baring her toned torso. It was nothing she had not seen since this Yeba was really proud of her body. She quickly stuffed one her arms through the sleeves of the top of the pyjamas before pulling her up slightly so that she could slip the rest of the top under her. Huffing, Byulyi put her hand through the remaining sleeve, grabbed her hand and pulled it through the sleeve.

She frowned when Yongsun simply flopped on her back, her top ed.

"This child," hissed Byulyi. She reached for the buttons of her top and quickly work through them lest she caught a cold.

OK. Now, she had to deal with her bottom.

The only thing that Yongsun did was to raise her hip slightly after much encouragement from the younger woman. Effortlessly, she undid her bottoms and slipped it off her long legs hastily. She yanked her shorts up her legs to her hips before bidding her goodnight.

Seriously, this woman would be the death of her one day.

Yongsun her side and fell asleep promptly.

“This unnie.” She complained under her breath, brushing her hair away from her face, frustrated.

Byulyi could feel exhaustion yanking on the edge of her mind. She was as sleepy as her leader. However, she had tasks that she needed to see to. She grabbed her discarded clothes and swayed to the side of the bedroom to dump them in her laundry hamper. She swore to herself when she realised that it was better to prepare for the eventuality of a hangover the next morning. “This woman.” She shot a glare at the snoring woman nestled comfortably under the duvet.

She made her way into the kitchen to fetch two glasses, a jug of water and painkillers for the next day. She eyed the small bed briefly, seeing that Yongsun had left space for her to sleep with her. However, she did not feel like joining her in bed. Not tonight. Tiredly, she collapsed against the side of the bed and fell asleep promptly.

Her sleep was shallow and rough. In the middle of her alcohol-induced sleep, Byulyi was jostled by someone shaking her shoulders roughly.

“Why are you sleeping on the floor? “Concern laced her husky voice.

That someone embraced her and pulled her into bed.

"You're heavier than you looked."

Automatically, Byulyi promptly snuggled into the sheets, finding a comfortable position. This was much better. With that familiar and soothing scent enveloping her, she fell deeply asleep.

Bright light streaming from the window roused her from her deep sleep. When she woke up properly, she felt something tickling her nose. She tried to swat it away sleepily, but she found her hand entangled with hair.

Wait. Hair? And this scent?

She cracked her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter