4.

Angel

 

_________________________________

 

The pout on her face confused Wonho beyond anything else. Is she being cute? Or is she sad? Wonho was famous among girls but he never had to live with one or be close to one like this, driving her form one store to another, buying her clothes and female essentials.

He had to go through bra sizes and . Wonho never picked anything like this before so he was as clueless as she was, she went shopping with him countless times before but never even came close to the ladies sections.

"Why there are so many things to choose from?" She asked arbitrarily "We usually just go in and go out, get exactly what we need and leave" she stated the fact she whitenesses many many times before with him

"Oh yes" Wonho gasped, "I don't roam around a lot do I?" She casually shook her head, no he didn't. He was always a very simple person, ever since he was all little boy, he never cared for the bling bling nor for the expensive shiny things. He used to come home covered with mud, his hair always going in different directions and his mom didn't mind. She gently gave him hot baths and laughed at his looks, that's how she knew her little boy was having the most fun "My baby played so well today" she would mumble while adjusting the water temperature for him. 
 

He drove for a while, she was sitting on the passenger seat looking out the window, suddenly getting very quiet. He watched the trees move and the people pass by and she felt useless to the world. She used to be connected, to everything, to everyone, to the universe. She used to be part of this universe, she used to be one with nature but now she feels like an alien. She doesn't belong here, and she doesn't know how to go back.

"Don't worry" Wonho's voice was gentle and soothing, reassuring her that she'll be fine "You'll be okay" but how can she trust his words, yesterday he didn't know she existed. 
"What if I forget everything?" 
"Then I'll remind you" Wonho was sweet like always, she smiled widely, she doesn't know why his words are so comforting, she doesn't know where to begin to explain the mixture of emotions she has rambled inside of her. Feelings were a new thing to her, sure, she had them since before, the anger she felt when Wonho was angry, the sadness and the agony when his mom passed, the emptiness he lived through when Kihyun left. All the feelings were linked to only one person, Wonho.

She never had feelings of her own, everything she had to do, say and feel were an extension of Wonho's life. She lived for him and through him and nothing more.

Finally, the car stopped and they got out. It was the book place Wonho told her about earlier, maybe here she could find something about her being, maybe between the pages of the righ books, she would find some answers. 

They stood there at the reception; this was by far the biggest library they have even went to together. She looked around amazed by the sights I front of her and couldn’t wait to start looking. She was excited for a second.

‘’Let’s start from there, it looks promising’ she mini jumped next to Wonho, the boy gave her smile that soon vanished ‘’I must go through’ oh right, he had that interview he couldn’t get out from. She remembered and started panicking.

They were never separated before.

She was his angel, she went wherever he went, she followed him around since he was born, she never experienced life without him before.

She never took a single breath without him before and she couldn’t begin to understand how she would without him. Wonho noticed the panic in her eyes, but he didn’t realize at the time that she was about to lose the only bound she ever knew. He was the only thing that she lived for, and he was going to leave her alone in this big old place to look for her own answers.

‘’Don’t look at me like that’’ Wonho sounded guilty ‘’You’ll be fine I promise, I’ll come pick you in a few hours.’’

His promises meant everything to her giving the fact she never trusted anyone else, she never knew anyone else. It was him and only him, his words and actions were the only things she knew. This new world that she fell into seemed to fake, but only Wonho was her anchor, he was the only real thing she knew.

She nodded, not finding any other words to say, he smiled at her reassuring her once again that he will see her later and take her to dinner ‘’Or would you like to go for more shopping?’’ he asked and she violently shook her head ‘’No,’ even though she liked the colors and the shiny stuff, shopping was indeed too tiring. She’s used to Wonho’s simple purchases. In case she ever needed anything later, she would just let him know. Wonho chuckled at her reaction ‘’We don’t like shopping, do we?’’ and no, she didn’t like it that much.

 He finally left, she watched him walk further and further away from her. This had never happened before; she had never felt like this before. So difunctional and so detached. She heaved a long sigh when Wonho disappeared from her line of vision and tried to pull herself together. She walked over to the reception ‘’Where can I find information about fallen angels?’’ she simply asked, making the cute fair boy with the glasses confused for a second.

She read his name tag *Minhyuk*

‘’I’m looking for anything related to Angels, specifically fallen Angels, do you know where I can find that here?’’ she questioned sounding a little bit more confident. The boy on the other side of the counter tried to process her question for a second, ‘’Humm’’ he tried to find the answer ‘’Have you tried the religions section? There might be something there’ he suggested, and it made sense, where else to find information about Angels? Either religious books or to her surprise, after a few hours of looking through the old testimonial books, she was holding an old dark black magic book.

From a far, Minyuk was eying her ‘’Thank you Minhyuk’’ she smiled before taking off to where he had directed her to go. He found her request and question rather weird but at the same time, he was curious. Minhyuk has worked here for a couple of years and one more before that as a volunteer. He was a book fanatic since he was a kid. To become a librarian was rather his childhood dream, living surrounded by the smell of newly printed books or old stinky papers, he couldn’t get enough.

She was going through one book after the other, sometimes not even spending a few minutes on one before setting it aside. It was clear to Minhyuk that she was looking for something very specific but he didn't pay much attention after that as he himself got caught up with work. It wasn't until a couple of hours later, she was sitting at one of the tables at that point, staring into nothing. Minhyuk noticed that she was no longer holding any books in her hand, was her search over? did she find what she was looking for?

He approached her slowly ''Hey Miss?'' he called upon her and she merely looked up at him, she was so pretty that he must have blushed because he could feel his ears go red ''Is there's anything I can help you with?'' he asked as calm as he could be and she simple shook her head ''I'm waiting for my friend to pick me up'' she said, her voice kind of distant and rather sad 

''Did you find what you were looking for?'' he asked curious 

She nodded ''I did'' 

The conversation was so short, yet too mystrious, he was somewhat satisfied with her answer, as long as she found what she was looking for, he flashed her a smile and simple left. She sat there for another 10 minutes and stood up. She walked aimlessly through the tall book shelves not really interested in anything they had to offer anymore and ended up walking through the main door. She passed by Minhyuk's desk and she seemed dazed that she didn't even give him any glance when he greeted her on her way out. Minhyuk bushed it off and went back to work, it was a rather weird day for a library.

He walked over to her table, where she was sitting and gathered the books she was reading, it was his job to put them back after vistors were done with them. He picked them up one by one ''Angels of God'' , ''The fallen one'', ''Fallen Angel'', 'Ángels wings'' and so much more, all seemed to be around Angels and the forces of nature. Some were a bit too dark and religious for his likings and others were novels and kids books even. He didn't think much but he was curious was she looking into these? did she elong to a cult?

His curioslity was cut short by the presence of a much taller man, ''Excuse me?'' the man asked and Minhyuk looked up and gasped for a second, it was Wonho. His surprise was in place because Wonho was famous, his face on every magazine and every commercial ''I'm sorry I startled you'' he apologized and he knew that Minhyuk recognized him but he didn't mind much ''My friend was here, I was supposed to pick her up, do you know where she is?'' he asked the stunned boy in front of him. Minhyuk had to wake up from his brief daze of meeting the celebrity ''Humm'' he struggled to find his words ''She was here but left a while ago'' he simply told him ''She said that she was waiting for a friend to pick her up but eventually she left on her own''

Wonho looked worried, he looked around frantically ''Which exit?'' he asked and Minhyuk pointed out to where he had seen her leave and Wonho thanked him before he bolted out of the library like he had lost something very important and he did. Minhyuk stood there a bit confused, he sighed ''What a weird day for a librarian'' he muttered to himself before he put the books away. 

Wonho ran outside the door, he cursed himself for taking too long to come back, she must have been bored or maybe found something? He sighed as he started running by the sidewalk trying to find her. She can't be too far right? She was waiting for him so she wouldn't leave without him, she never been anywhere without him either and it was her first time and somehow, it made Wonho go frantic. 

He searched for her for quite a while that was getting frustrated, he was about to give up and call the police when he saw her standing across the road, waiting among the crowd for the green light so she can finally cross to the other side. She seemed away, a bit lost in her own thoughts, starting into the void. He waited at the other side of the crossroad, he tried to wave at her and get her attention but she didn't seem to see him there until the light went green and the people started walking and so did she. 

She was walking his way and was he, they met somewhere in the middle and still she seemed like she didn't recognize him at all. He stopped her ''Angel?'' he called her name softly when he realized that she didn't even notice him there ''What happened?'' he asked ''Why did you leave without me?'' he asked and she stared at him in confusion and doubt. He eyes scanned every inch of his face before she reached her hand to touch his cheek ''I ...'' she mumbled ''I know you'' 

Holding her hand into his own, Wonho was so worried ''Of course you know me it's me ... Wonho''

''Wonho?'' she questioned squinting her eyes a little ''Ah ... Wonho'' 

Wonho's experssions changed from worry to dissapointed, did she forget him?