2.

Angel

  

____________________________________

 

She was upset and extremely confused, she had no idea what was happening and it was strange, she has always knew what was happening even if Wonho wasn't aware, is this what being human feels like? and is this how it feels like to have her first conversation with her human? she stood up, walking her way to Wonho, she wasn't feeling vulnerable but rather confident, she wanted to show him that she wasn't like all the others. With her hands turning into fists, she walked toward him "I'm an Angel" she firmly said, "I'm a being of light" the aura around her started to change. A strong vibe around her made the room rather cold, but not too cold, it was rather soothing "I'm your Angel" she continued to say, "I was trying to help you" ... "What were you thinking?" she sounded angry, very angry to make Wonho gasp, he was almost sure that this girl in front of him was nothing but an ordinary girl and it crossed his mind that she was here to end his life for him, but what he saw next, made him question everything he ever knew, everything he ever saw and everything he will ever foresee.

Her eyes started glowing,

Her hands started glowing,

White pure light filled the room leaving Wonho in ... a dilemma. 

It wasn't scary, but he wasn't really scared, something about her wasn't scary at all, she was just glowing. She was just pretty, that's how he saw her, maybe Angels are not meant to be scary even if they wanted to. She wanted to show Wonho her true self and she somehow did. She stood there for about a minute with pure light covering her entire body but mostly her eyes and hands and it was ... nice. It was her Halo.

When she realized what she has just done, she stopped, looking down at her hands, she was glowing, she couldn't do that before.

Even to her, this was new.

But at least, she wasn't lying.

She was indeed an Angel, a being of light, and she didn't lose her title ... yet.

Wonho was staring at this glowing being of light. His breaths stopped for a moment "I'm an Angel" she mumbled one last time and he couldn't say anything back to her this time, "B-but how?" he asked moments later, still not processing everything right 

"We live among humans, we take care of you, at least we try," she said "But I guess I fell when I was trying to help you and I don't know how or how to go back, I don't know what to do" 

"You were trying to help me?" Wonho was surprised, someone was trying to help him tormented soul, he wasn't alone? 

"All the time," she whispered, he voice too gentle, too sure, "I'm your guardian Angel" she confirmed one last time, Wonho couldn't believe what was happeneing right in the middle of his room. All what he believed in, everything he knew seemed to be going upside down, this girl in front of him, this being ... of light?

What kinf of a universal joke is this?

 

   

_____________________________________

 

Her voice was softer than silk,

No, she didn't have wings,

She was wearing a short white dress covering her slender body 

Hair as dark at the night and lips as red as blood ... she was so fair, she really looked like a what people use to describe an Angel minus the wings. 

Wonho took a closer look at her face for the very first time and he was sure that she was an Angel. She was just too beautiful to be a normal human being.

When the silence was too heavy to stand, she walked back to the corner and sat down, she put her arms on her knees and let her head rest on them. She wasn't supposed to be here right now, she was far away from home and yet closer than she ever was. Wonho stood up, surprisingly concerned about her "Since when you were my angel?" he asked and she picked her head up "I was born 3 minutes before you," ... "My whole existence is based on your existence, ... and you were about to kill yourself," 

There was something about that statement that made Wonho rethink everything he has ever done or said, his existence is linked to another being's existence "So if I die, you die with me?" he asked "Not when you go down the wrong path. When you die, I get to be your guide in Heaven but when I fail my job to protect you, I just ... disappear," she confessed not really sure if Wonho even gets the idea, she knows what happened with his mother and she doesn't know for sure if he'll ever believe again. When Wonho lost his mother, everything seemed to be falling apart, he couldn't restore his faith in anything after that. Will he believe in her?

He joined her on the ground, with his back against the cold wall, he had a million questions but he didn't know where to start or what to even say "Would you like some breakfast?" he asked, even though it sounded immature, he didn't have other things to say "You mean those little crunchy beans you eat them in the morning?" she asked, and to be honest, she was always curious about those crunchy beans"Cereals?" Wonho asked, "Sure, you can have some," 

All it took was a bowl of cereals to paint a smile on her face, angels are not demanding, they are made-of-light, their souls are too pure. Happiness is nothing but a word away. It wasn't so difficult to make them happy and she really wanted to try and taste cereals. Wonho was confused, less than 8 hours ago, all he ever wanted was to end his life, then why he feels like nothing happened? No aftermath, no disturbing feelings, he thought he would be feeling shocked up or depressed but nothing of the sort and then, he looked up at the girl who was still figuring out how to put a huge spoon of cereals in and realized

He had an Angel by his side.

She's the reason why he can't feel anything but peace after what he has been through last night, just thinking about it, makes him feel weird but it also makes him feel at ease, however, he couldn't help but ask "So now what?" he asked, "How you'll go back? Do you want to go back?" 

She stopped to look at him, her eyes suddenly concerned "I don't know," she confessed, "I heard rumors about fallen angels but ... I've never thought I would become one"

"What happened to them? those who fell before" 

"Nobody knows" ... "They never came back," she looked sad again, something Wonho couldn't quite put a finger on, she was moody, smiles with one word, and pouts easily with another. But other than that, she looked ... normal. No weird powers, no wings, just another girl, another very beautiful girl. She swallowed her last bite and looked somewhere in the thin air "If only Kihyun's Angel was here," 

"You know Kihyun?" Wonho asked rather surprised and she smiled "I know everyone you know, I like Kihyun and his Angel, he's a good friend to me the same way Kihyun is a good friend to you,"

"Oh," the memory of Kihyun leaving at the airport hit him again and his heart ached once more for the loss he had to live with "He is the only friend I have,"

"Yeah," she mumbled "I know, your Assistant manager is a nice guy too, except for that one time when he just ditched you to meet some girl, gosh I wanted to punch him in the face," she confessed. Yes, she knew everything about Wonho, she also knew more than him. From her point of view, she could hear what Wonho couldn't and see what Wonho didn't hear and this is one of the times when she witnessed his manager leaving him waiting in the rain for two hours just because he met some random girl who was ready enough to give him a good time. His Angel was so angry, he was complaining about it the whole night and day. Angels are there to help put us in the right direction and what this guy did was far from right, so his Angel was furious back then.

"So that's what happened," Wonho exclaimed, looking back at the memories he had about that night, he took his manager's words for grantetd when he told him that he had some trouble getting the car running.

She suddenly sighed "On so many occasions, I wished you could see the things I saw, or hear the things I heard or at least ... talk back to me," staring into Wonho's face, she realized that her world will never be the same again, something inside her made her feel uneasy, does she miss being an Angel? does she want to go back, and even if she wanted to go back, how will she do it?

''The cereals are sweet'' a sudden amused look was drawn on her face, oh right, it was her first time trying the little crunchy beans she saw Wonho eat every morning. Wonho chuckled, how could she be so moody, just a second ago she was telling him about all the times she wished he heard her, and now cereals? 

''Yeah, they are sweet'' he casually mentioned, still facinated by Angel's presence ''So that's your actual name?'' he questioned ''Angel?'' and she happily nodded, 

''Yes just Angel is fine''