3.

Angel

 

__________________________________

 

It's weird, Angels are supposed to take care of humans and make sure they were out of harm's way but everything seems to be going in the opposite way. Angel was this new thing in Wonho's life, and he had to keep an eye on her for a change. He's taking care of her now, maybe this will recompensate for all the hard times he must have given her all those years.

Wonho was keeping a close eye on his fallen angel while Angel was discovering her surroundings like a newborn baby. Everything was exactly the way she knew it but also everything was brand new. Yes, she knew what TV was but she never used it, she never had the opportunity to touch it, yes she knew what food was but she never ate any, Angels don't get hungry or not until they fall apparently. Now, she gets to touch everything, feel them, smell them and taste them. She was running around fascinated by literally everything.

Wonho was a bit worried, he never had anyone in his apartment before, he never had a girl over before, not to mention an Angel roaming around his house. She was fascinated by ... everything.

How water was wet and why couldn't she catch it as it was flowing from the tap?

How some things were sweet, others were salty or sour

She had a thing for ... buttons 

She liked pressing them hearing them click, watching as the lights went on and off, she accidentally the blender and that made her jump like a scared cat screaming her way to hide behind Wonho. The boy sighed "I told you to stop touching random buttons an hour ago," he complained as he walked his way to the kitchen to turn the blender off "Sorry," she apologized, "Can't help it, they are so ... appealing,"

Suddenly, she froze "What is that?" she gasped to the unusual feeling in her stomach holding on to the fabric around her tummy, "W-what?" she asked again with an uncomfortable expression that had Wonho worried for a second "What is it?" he got closer, "Do you need to use the bathroom?" he asked and she simply didn't know, she never used one before. Yes, she watched people sit on a toilet but never done it before because, well, angels don't use the washroom.

There he was, standing behind the closed door of his bathroom with no clue what to do with the situation at hand

"Can't you help me?" she suddenly asked from inside 

"What?" he screamed shocked from where he was standing "No, I can't come in,"

"Come on, I've seen YOU before you know?"

He blinked a couple of times, not really sure what to reply to that, "You w-what?"

"I followed you everywhere .... everywhere" emphasis on the *Everywhere* she stated the fact and he froze for a while before he shook his head "No, just ... Do whatever you want," he sighed giving up on what to do. She might be an angel but this ... he wasn't ready for this. A while later, she came out with a weird look on her face "Thank you for nothing," she said walking right past him "That's what you get for eating everything I had in my fridge," Wonho scoffed teasing her like a two siblings fighting. 

She flopped on his couch looking rather worried "It's hard being a human, I've never experienced anything like it before," she confessed, her face is too sad looking out the window to the sky. He sighed, sitting next to her "How is it like to be angle then?"

"I used to be ... connected," she tried to explain, "But I can't see or hear my brothers and sisters anymore,"

"I'm sorry," he apologized, everything that's been happening to her seems to be his fault, she only fell to protect him, but he was curious, he wanted to know more about her world, suddenly, Heaven is real to him, once again, his faith seemed to come back, maybe his mother didn't lie to him after all "How is it like? Heaven," he asked with nothing but big passionate eyes, she stared back at him "It's ... it's home, it's ..." but then she stopped, her eyes looking rather too confused "I ..." she muttered, "I don't remember" she realized, why can't she remember the place she was born? she lived there, she has been there countless times, her brothers, her sisters, her world is up there, in the sky but why can't she remember anything?

"I can't remember" her eyes widened to the realization, her heart started beating harder than ever, is this is the consequence of her falling out of her home? to forget everything she was before falling to the human world? She didn't know a heart could beat this fast, she clutched the fabic around her heart, it felt weird, she was scared suddenly too afraid, she was about to loose everything 

Wonho could see her confusion, he got closer "What do you mean you can't remember?" 

Angel swallowed hard, "Maybe because I was away for too long," she stood up "I have to go back Wonho please I can't stay here, this is not my home," she sounded perplexed like her world is slowly falling apart "B-but how?" Wonho asked and her face went blank, she didn't know either, falling angles were only rumors where she came form, nobody saw or heard from the angels who fell or what happened to them. If she wanted to go back home, she had to start looking for ways. 

Her memories were fading, life as she knew it was fading, will she ever find her way home?

Wonho could see the frightened looks on her face, the way her hands trembled to the idea that she could never be connected to her universe like she used to be, a universe that he might never understand but still feels like he needed to say something "Hey," he called on her "Listen, we will find a way don't worry," and even though they were just words, meaningless words and probalby lies too but they made her lit up again, she smiled, like the goofy child soul she was, she trusted Wonho, she trusted her human to take her home.

Right there, Wonho's phone rang. The destruction kind of ruined the moment but they couldn't also ignore it "Oh it's that flashy thingy," she said, yes she saw Wonho on it for so long but it's not like she used it herself before, it's still just a flashy thing to her, Wonho chuckled picking up his phone. The other side of the line didn't sound happy, even Angel could hear the unsettling sound form where she was standing

"Where on earth have you been?" the voice from the other end of the line screamed "I've been trying to reach you for the past couple of days are you okay? are you alive?" it was his manager, the guy was calling him nonestop for days and Wonho felt so bad for ignoring him ''I'm sorry'' he immediately apologized ''Yes'' he continued ''I'll be there I promise'' the conversation seemed to be serious and for the first time, Angel couldn't catch up, she used to hear them talking and sometimes his Angel would say something silling in the background and she would laugh but this time, she was just a powerless creature. Wonho finished his call and put his phone aside, he scanned her again ''I have to go soon'' he confessed ''I've cancelled so many appointments alread, I can't get out of everything'' 

She stood up suddenly, ''It's okay'' she said ''I'm used to go wherever you go, it's not a big deal'' she didn't think much, now that she has fallen, she is on her own, she is not linked to him anymore and yes they can seperated, but they were never seperated from each other before so when Wonho told her that he had to go alone, her expressions changed again, she realized that she can't be with him all the time, she can't protect him all the time like she used to, she can't hear what he can't and she can't see what's beyond him anymore. She realized that she was more of a burden. 

''How about I drop you at the library?'' 

Her face changed expressions again, ''The big book place?'' 

''Yes,'' Wonho suggesgted ''Maybe you can find some information about how you can go back? You can look up some old books maybe they'll have some clues for us to try''

She looked amuzed by the idea, she titled her head to the side letting the idea sink in ''But first,'' Wonho stood up ''You need to get in the shower, you stink and change this dress'' 

''W-what?'' ... ''I don't smell, I never smell, I'm an Angel'' she sounded offended

''You're an Angel that smells'' Wonho once again pulling up from where they sitting on the floor and pushed her to the washroom again ''I'll try to find you something to wear'' she looked down at her dress, a sad look on her face ''I was bron in this'' she stated ''I never grew out of it, never changed it'' holding the fabric of her very plain short dress ''It's the only thing that I have left from home'' as weird as it sounded, Wonho felt bad for her, ''I will wash it, we can clean it and keep it, so when you go back to can wear it once again'' 

Taking it off her slunder body was one of the hardest things she ever had to do, she didn't know she could simly just remove it but she trusted Wonho, who was again waiting for her behind the washroom's closed door ''Remember to closer your eyes when you're using the shampoo okay?" he screamed behind the door and she smiled ''I know,'' she said ''I won't cry like your sorry baby when you get it in your eyes'' she could hear Wonho chukle. She looked at her new outfit hanged by the door, it wasn't really an outfit, it was one of Wonho's baggy shirts, she appreciated the fact that he picked out a white one, it was too baggy that she could wear it as a dress it fell down to her knees. She slowly washed up, she let her long hair slide to the side and washed it the best way she could, she used the towel the way she saw Wonho used it and finally slid the shirt on. 

As she walked out of the washroom, Wonho was waiting ''I think I need more clothes'' she asked rather embarrassed ''More support'' looking down at her own body ''If you know what I mean'' and Wonho knew exactly what she meant but again, he never had to do such a thing for a girl before, he wasn't sure what to do.