Chapter 8

His Wolf Mate

October rolled around, and with it, the chilly autumn air. It was midterm month as all the students were busy with their studies. It was lunch period as you, Yuri, and the boys were eating inside the classroom. A change of scenery from your usual rooftop location. "It's been so cold lately that I can't stand to be outside in this weather." Yuri shivered and hug herself to keep warm. "Lucky for you, I made some soup to go with today's lunch. You should drink it and warm up." You passed her the soup that was kept warm inside your lunch box container. "I can't wait for midterms to be over so we can finally relax" Youngjae said as he stretched his arms. All of you were enjoying your lunch and chatting about random topics when someone entered the class and approached your group. He stopped in between you and Yuri while putting both arms on each of your shoulders. His action caused a look of confusion among the boys. All except for Mark, who was seething with rage as a stranger had put his arm around his mate. "Jihoon, what is it this time?" Yuri asked in a somewhat bored tone.

 

"Aww, don't be like that Yuri. Aren't we friends? I just came over to ask if you girls would like to attend a Halloween party this year? I'll be hosting it at my house." Jihoon was looking at Yuri with hope and determination in his eyes as he waited for her answer. "I don't know, Jihoon. That seems kind of out of place for the two of us." Jihoon knew that most everyone avoided associating with you and Yuri. In order to lighten the mood he turned his attention towards the guys. "How about you guys then? Would you like to come?" Surprised at being asked out of the blue, the boys didn't know how to respond. "If you guys come then surely these two will come as well. Please? It will be a great opportunity for all of us to spend time together before we graduate and go separate ways." Seeing how Jihoon really waited the two of you there, the guys reluctantly agreed. After all, his plea did seem heartfelt. "Great! Then I'll see all of you there on Halloween. Oh, by the way, costumes are optional. I'll text you girls the details after midterms are over. Be sure to tell your friend!" Just as soon as he came, he was gone like the wind.

 

"Hey, who was that guy anyway?" Jackson asked the two of you. "That's Jihoon. He's one of the few people we associate with here" you answered. "He seems rather close to the two of you" Jinyoung pointed out. "Oh, that's just Jihoon being Jihoon" Yuri replied as she continue to eat the soup. Yea, well, I don't like how he's all touchy-feely with my mate. Mark was pouting to himself even after Jihoon was gone. "So, about that party. Do we really have to go?" Youngjae asked. "He seemed like he really wanted the two of you to come" Bambam implied. "Well, if you ask me, I think the only reason why he asked is because he really wanted Yuri to be there. He kinda has a crush on her." At your statement, Yuri choked and sputtered out her soup. "Excuse you, but I've hinted to him many times that I'm not interested. I don't mind staying friends with him, but that's it." You handed her a napkin. "Maybe we should go then. So you can tell him that at the party." The group was silent for a moment. "I think we should attend" Yugyeom blurted out of the blue. "After all, I've always been curious about what goes on with those types of parties." The rest of the boys were giving him a look to drop it. "You mean you've never been to a Halloween party?" you asked. "Nope. You humans are very curious creatures." You gave him a questioning look. "Us humans?" But before Yugyeom could reply, Jay B put his hand over the maknae's mouth to shut him up. "He just means that it might be fun to attend a party where you dress up in costumes." At his smooth cover up, you decided not to question him further."

 

"So, if we do go, will you guys be dressing up?" you asked. The boys thought about it for a moment. The the thought of them dressing up in ridiculous costumes didn't really appeal to them. So they all answered with a simultaneous "no." Jay B turned to you and Yuri and asked if you would be dressing up for the party. "Hmmm, I'm not sure. Parties aren't really our things" she replied and you nodded your head in agreement. "Well, we still have two weeks before the party to think it over" Yuri stated. The bell rang to mark the end of lunch as all of you got ready to head to your next class for the day.