Chapter 2

His Wolf Mate

For the next couple of days you were too paranoid to set foot outside your house. It's not uncommon for wild animals to appear where you live, but given that your most recent encounter was a wolf fairly larger than that of normal had you on edge. You couldn't stop thinking about it for the past few days and tried to go out as little as possible. There was only four more days left of summer vacation until school resumed. You hoped that the large wolf would not return while you holed out in your home. It was a Thursday afternoon, you were busy doing chores around the house to pass the time. After finishing up in the kitchen, you realized that the garbage was full and had to dispose of it quickly least you risk the house smelling like a stick bomb had gone off. With much dread, you muster up your courage and decided to make a run for the trash cans outside. I can do this. I'll just be in and out super quick.

 

You opened the door and made a dash for the trash cans, quickly dumping in the garbage and closing the lid. As you ran back towards your door, your cell phone vibrated in your pocket; scaring the life out of you. OMG. That almost gave me a heart attack. You quickly went inside and locked the door before checking your phone. It was a message from Yuri. Hey girl, I'm at our favorite spot if you wanna come join me for a girls day out today! You contemplated on making an excuse to stay home, but you decided that maybe a day out with your best friend could ease some of the tension so you texted her back. I'll be there as soon as I can. Before leaving you made sure that every corner of the house was locked up tight and that you had everything you needed in your mini backpack. After confirming that everything was in order, you locked the door to your house and made a mad dash into town.

 

---------------------

 

"When you said soon, I didn't realize that you would get here that quickly. What did you do? Run a marathon before you came here?" Yuri asked as you were to busy gasping for air to answer her while your hands were holding onto the table in front of you for support. You arrived at a small coffee shop that the two of you frequent. It was a cozy little place in the center of town along with other stores and shops. "I just didn't want to keep you waiting" you replied. "Do you need water? You look like you're about to die" Yuri asked, giving you a concerned look. "No, no. I'm fine." You plopped down on the seat in front of her, trying to catch your breath. "So, what did you have planned for today?" Waving her worries away, Yuri replied to your question enthusiastically. "Well, I was thinking of a shopping day. You and me, trying on clothes. Buying clothes. We should change up our wardrobe for the new school year, don't you think? Oh! Let's also stop by the fabric store! I'm running out of supplies."

 

You sat and listen to your best friend ramble on with a smile on your face. You knew how Yuri was with clothes since you knew that she always wanted to study fashion and have her own brand one day. She's even skillful enough to design her own clothes to wear, and she has made some for you as well. Most, if not all her designs, are really exquisite. "Sorry. Is that too much to do today?" Yuri asked concerned. "No, bestie. I know how passionate you are about this so I'll accompany you on your spree. But we do have uniforms for school remember?" You asked. "Psh, fashion stops for no one. Not even school will keep me from shopping. Besides, we should redo our wardrobe for the coming season." That was your best friend. She'll find any and all excuses to go shopping. "Okay, okay. Let's get started then, shall we?" The two of you got up and linked arms together. "Let's go!" Yuri gleefully responded as she dragged you towards her favorite places to shop.

 

It was already four in the afternoon by the time you "finished" shopping with Yuri. You were carrying four bags of your own while Yuri was carrying ten if not more. "Hey, Yuri. Don't you think this is enough already? We've been to at least 15 different stores today." Yuri turned to look at you and can tell that you were getting tired. "No, it's never enough. But I can see that you're tired so I'll just stop by the fabric store and pick up some supplies I need for my latest design. After that we can call it a day. Why don't you wait for me at your favorite bookstore?" You gave her a nod as you headed towards the bookstore, grateful that Yuri spared you from going all out with her on her spree. The bookstore was located directly across from the fabric store. As soon as you entered, you heard the familiar chime of a bell. "Ah, if it isn't the only bookworm in town" you heard the shopkeeper from behind his counter. "Don't start quoting Disney on me now" you joked. "Hahaha. It's just that I see you in here so often" the shopkeeper laughed back. "Do you need help finding anything in particular today?" You shook your head no in response. "I'm just browsing today." You started to walk around the rather large store, looking through shelves and rows as you try to find something that catches your eye. You heard the bell to the store ring again followed by a "welcome" as you hear the store owner greeting the customer who just entered.

 

---------------------

 

Mark entered the bookstore and greeted the shopkeeper before proceeding to browse the store himself. For the past few days since his first encounter with you in his wolf form, he couldn't forget about you as you occupied his mind 24/7. He has been watching you through the forest from a distance whether you were in or out of your house. Today, he decided to take his chance and meet you in person. Literally. He had been following both you and Yuri from a distance, wanting to know more about you. His nose picked up on the scent of raspberries and he followed it to its source as if it was pulling him like a magnet. He turned the corner behind one of the shelves and finds himself not to far away from you. Mark watched as your fingers brushed against the spine of the books as you slowly made your way down the aisle. He noticed your slim and tall figure, and your ash platinum blonde hair which slightly bounces with each step you take. Mark noticed as you stop in your tracks. You tried to grab one of the books on the high shelf, but couldn't quite reach.

 

Slowly, he walked towards you and grabbed the book you were trying to reach. Your hands brushed against each other as you felt electric shocks throughout your whole body. You instantly pulled your hand away as you turned to look at the stranger next to you. Mark grabbed the book with ease and instantly turned to face you as he handed you the book, which only allowed him to fully see you and take in your appearance. He notices the sharp features to your face that made you look beautiful yet elegant. He takes in the softness of your eyes, yet there's also a certain sharpness to it. He notices the way your nose is perfectly shaped. And the plumpness of your lips that was just the perfect size, lightly colored pink. If he had to use one word to describe you, it would be that you look like a queen. "Here" he said as he handed you the book. "Thanks" you replied taking notice of the tall yet handsome stranger. The two of you continue to stare at each other, entranced by the other as if nothing else existed in the world except for you two. The sound of the bell ringing followed by another "welcome" from the shopkeeper pulled you out of your trance. You heard Yuri's voice as she greeted the shopkeeper and then proceeded to call out your name. "Over here" you replied, turning your head in the direction of her voice as you broke eye contact. You turned your head back towards the stranger, but he was already gone. The bell rang once more, indicating that someone just left the store.

 

"There you are, Aria. Did you find something interesting while you waited for me?" Yuri asked. Snapping out of your trance, you turned your attention towards her. "I think so, but I didn't get to read it before you came. I'll just put it back." You had to jump a little bit in order to return the book to its proper place. Before leaving, you took one last look of the book and noticed the title; Tales of Mythology. You stared at the book for a few moments before leaving the store with Yuri. Huh. Now why did I go and pick that book?

 

---------------------

 

Mark was quickly running through the forest in his wolf form. He remember the short encounter with you and the feeling of electricity as both of your hands brushed against each other. Being so close to you coupled with the scent of raspberries was driving him insane. What really sealed the deal for him was when he took in your features as it's forever etched into his mind. It didn't take him long to reach another cabin in the woods. When he was in close proximity, he transformed back into his human form. There was already a pair of clothes waiting for him on the front porch. I guess one of the guys saw me coming and left it here for me. Mark quickly got dressed and went inside. He passed by Bambam and Yugyeom playing games together in the living room. "Oh, hyung, we've you been? Wanna play next round with us?" Yugyeom asked, only to have Mark walk quickly past him without answering as he made his way upstairs. "I guess he's not in the mood" Bambam replied. As soon as he reached his room, Mark locked the door and proceeded to plop down onto his bed. He was replaying his encounter with you at the bookstore over and over again. "Aria. So that's her name." Mark smiled to himself as your name rolled off his tongue. And then a sudden realization hit him. Crap, I'm in trouble.