Chapter 11

His Wolf Mate

It was the middle of the week as school was in session. The weather was starting to get even colder as the end of November rolled around. Before going home after their last class, students were to report to their homeroom. It was announced earlier that very morning that the school was to have its annual school festival. Before leaving, each class had to decide what they will be doing during the festival. "Alright, looks like everyone is here. Let's all come up with ideas on what to do during the festival, and at the end we will take a vote" the class president said as he tried to get everyone's attention. Suggestions erupted left and right as the class president wrote them all down on the whiteboard. Everyone was getting excited as many ideas kept popping up. "Alright, alright. Let's take a vote before things get anymore chaotic" he said, as he tried to calm the class down. Everyone casted their votes and it was decided that your class will be doing a Japanese themed café. The boys will be dressed in a semi-long sleeve white undershirt with a black button-up waistcoat, and long black slack pants and black shoes. The girls will be dressed in a black furisode that falls down above their knees, with red accents and detached black sleeves with red accents. They will also be wearing black knee-high socks and black flip-flops with red straps. After everything was decided, everyone headed home.

 

You, Yuri, and the boys all decided to walk home together. "Do people at your school usually get this excited for school festivals?" Youngjae asked with his arms crossed behind his head. "You can say it's a pretty big deal around here. There's not much to do in the form of entertainment so everyone gets pretty pumped for it" Yuri answered him. "It's not just for us to enjoy, but for people in the town as well. You can consider it as a huge public event for everyone" you chimed. "Ahh, I see. Looks like we're gonna have our work cut out for us then." You turned to Yuri with a concerned look. "Are you sure you should have volunteered as head leader for the design committee? It sounds like a lot of work." She pretended to give you an offended look. "Do you doubt my skills? Besides, I can't leave it to the rest of them to design our outfits. Plus, I've always wanted underlings to do my bidding." She gave an evil grin and a laugh. "Don't you think Yuri is kind of scary when she gets too into designing clothes?" Bambam whispered to you. "I doubt it. I bet you her real goal is for our class to win first place" you blurted out loud. "Darn, you saw through my plans, did you?" Yuri playfully remarked as she snapped her fingers. "What does the winning class get anyway?" Jackson asked with a yawn. "It really depends on which class wins. Since our class is made up of seniors, I bet the prize must be going towards our class trip if we win" you stated. "We have a class trip?" Yugyeom asked. "Yup! The senior class go on one every year and it changes each year. We don't know the details of where we're going yet so it's something to look forward too" Yuri excited replied.

 

---------------------

 

For the next week, everyone was busy preparing for the school festival. Some classes were making signs to decorate the whole school, some rehearsed for school plays or concerts, some prepared game booths and other fun booths, and most were preparing food stalls outside. The whole school was in an excited buzz. This was the only time of the year where everyone sort of relaxed and took it easy for awhile. School festivals were purely meant for the enjoyment of the students as will as the bonding that happens among them as they worked together through the preparation. Your class was busy with its own schedule as students were split off into groups and assigned tasks. Yuri and several other girls were in charge of taking everyone's measurements and designing the outfits for your class's Japanese themed café. Surprisingly, the girls were being cooperative and not giving Yuri a hard time. Everyone in the class seems to really want to win the prize among the senior class as they were all focused and hard at work. You and the boys were in charge of choosing food for the menu as well as deciding the décor for the café setting. The rest of the students will be preparing the food so they will be practicing their cooking once the menu is decided. "Okay, we can't have the ingredients be too expensive so let's decide what type of dishes we can make that doesn't involve us going over budget" you suggested. "It also needs to look appealing to our customers so that everyone would want to come in and eat our food" Jinyoung added. "And we also have to think portions!" Yugyeom chimed in excitedly.

 

The three of you were going back and forth discussing ideas for the menu as the rest of the boys looked at the three of you in disbelief. "Man, they are really getting into it, aren't they?" Jackson asked befuddled. "I guess food is the one thing they have in common" Youngjae laughed. "We should help them out too guys. Let's think of the table settings. It looks like they're too heated with their menu ideas" Jay B pointed out. "We should probably leave them alone and not get involved" Bambam stated. The rest of the boys nodded in agreement. "In the mean time, why don't we head to the school's storage room and see if they have some tables we can use" Mark suggested. With that, everyone followed Mark out of the classroom. It took a whole day of discussion, but the three of you did manage to narrow down the menu to something simple yet appealing. You, Jinyoung, and Yugyeom presented the menu idea to those in the class who would be preparing the food and they agreed. For the rest of the week, everyone was busy getting everything ready for the festival. Finally, at long last, the day of the school festival arrived as everyone excitedly partake in all of their hard work.