Chapter 10

His Wolf Mate

It was the day after that disaster of a Halloween party. The first day of November. You slept in a little more than usual as your thoughts from yesterday's party began to reel in your mind. You kept thinking back to the hug with Mark, and when the two of you held hands. Shaking the thought away, you decided to get out of bed and start your day. You made breakfast and ate as you watched some videos on YouTube. Afterwards, you decided to go outside and tend to your garden. Not long after, you got a text from Yuri asking you to meet up at her house. You changed clothes, made sure all the windows and doors were locked, and then headed into town towards Yuri's house. 

 

As soon as you approach her house, you immediately turned the doorknob and went inside. "Yuri?" you called out. "Be down in a minute!" You could hear her foot steps scrambling upstairs as you made your way towards the couch in the living room. A moment later, Yuri came down the stairs and took a seat on the couch adjacent to you. Both of you were silent for awhile before you broke the silence. "So, what happened last night?" you asked Yuri. After you and Mark decided to return to the party to look for everyone, you all decided to call it a night and head home. No one really wanted to talk about the party so it was a pretty quiet walk home. "Well, Jihoon pulled me aside and it was exactly as I thought. He confessed to me." You gave her a surprised look that said "seriously?" as you waited for her to continue. "I told him very firmly and nicely, that I wasn't interested in a relationship. I did offer to stay as friends though." She paused to let you absorb all the information. "And? What did he say?" you asked. "He was kind of sad about it, but he agreed to remain as friends." You nodded your head. 

 

"How was yesterday for you?" she turned to face you. "Oh. Where to begin." You sheepishly said as you tried to avoid eye contact with Yuri. "What happened last night?" she narrowed her eyes at you. "Okay. Here's what happened." You turned to face her as you told her everything that happened yesterday. "What?! If I ever run into those s at school I'll claw their eyes out!" She made a claw attacking gesture with her hands. "Yes, but thank god Mark found me in time or things could have turned out bad." You tried to calm Yuri down. She turned to you and gave you a smirk. "So, you and Mark, huh?" A slight blush was beginning to form on your face as you tried to look away. "No! I mean, it did feel nice holding hands like that, but, I don't know." You rubbed the back of your head. "Oh, come on, Aria! It's obvious that he has feelings for you. He doesn't really try to hide it, you know? Why don't you two just make it official already?" Yuri stretched her arms as she lie down on the couch. "Anyway, do you have anything to eat? I'm starving." You tried to change the subject. Yuri got up and looked inside her refrigerator. "Uhh, nope! Looks like I gotta do some grocery shopping." You stood up and joined her in the kitchen. "Oh, perfect! I gotta shop for groceries too!" Yuri closed the door to the fridge and turned to you. "Then let's go! I'll even buy you snacks." She winked at you. "Ha! Thanks mom!" You joked back.

 

---------------------

 

The two of you arrived at the largest supermarket in town. You grabbed a cart and rolled it inside as you followed behind Yuri. Both of you stopped by the produce section first. "Hey! You know what we should do?" Yuri turned to you as she was putting the vegetables into the cart. "What?" You gave her a grin. "Let's make hot pot together." Yuri's eyes widen at your suggestion. "That's a great idea! It's perfect since the weather outside is cold." The two of you decided to add the hot pot ingredients into the cart along with your other groceries. "I think that's everything. Do you need anything else before we check out?" Yuri asked. "Umm, yea. Snacks!" And with that, you ran off to the snack section as you left Yuri and the cart behind. "Hey, wait! I thought you were gonna push the cart!" But it was too late as you were already gone. Yuri puffed out her cheeks as she followed you to the snack aisle. 

 

You arrived at the snack aisle as you browsed the many choices. "Hyung! This way! You promised I can buy some!" The sound of a familiar voice made you turn your head towards the direction it came from. Yugyeom was excitedly running towards the snacks when he spotted you. "Oh, Aria! You're here too!" Yugyeom almost ran into you but stopped himself in time. "Hi, Yugyeom. Are you here with the rest of the guys?" you asked. "Yup! They're so slow, I swear!" You laughed at the way Yugyeom was acting all cute and hyper. "Hey! We can hear you, you know?" Jackson appeared next followed by the rest of the boys. "Are you guys just here for snacks?" you asked amused. "Of course not. We're also here to buy groceries. Do you know how much these guys eat? Especially him." Jay B pointed to Yugyeom. "Hey! I'm a growing boy." He raised his hands up defensively. That earned a giggle from you. 

 

"Are you here by yourself, Aria?" Jinyoung asked. "No, I'm not. I'm here with Yuri." You pointed out as you looked around for her. "Wait, where is she?" You scanned your head around. "Here! Thanks for leaving me behind by the way" she said as she gave you a glare. "Aww, you know I didn't mean to. I just wanted my snacks." You smiled innocently. "Snacks are no joke." Yugyeom nodded, which earned him a smack on the head from Youngjae. "Ow! Hey!" At that, everyone started to laugh. "By the way, that seems to be a lot of food for the two of you" Bambam pointed out as he eyed your cart. "Our groceries are mixed in there with the hot pot ingredients" Yuri stated. "Oh! You guys are making hot pot?" Bambam asked. "Yea! You boys wouldn't happen to want to join us or anything, would you?" Yuri asked as she slung her arm around your shoulder. You knew what she was getting at. She was trying to invite the boys over so you and Mark could spend more time together. "Only if you don't mind." Jinyoung implied. "Not at all! We would love to have you guys join us. Right, Aria?" She turned to you with a huge grin on her face. "Yea. Why not join us?" you asked. "We'd love to. Thanks for inviting us" Jay B replied. So it was decided that you were all going over to Yuri's for hot pot. Everyone paid for their groceries and left the supermarket.

 

---------------------

 

"Thanks for also letting us store our groceries in your fridge, Yuri" Jinyoung said as he helped Yuri put the groceries away. "No problem" she replied. You were busy looking around the kitchen for the cookware for the hot pot. The rest of the boys scattered themselves between the kitchen and the living room. You eventually found it hiding in one of the high shelves. You tried to grab it, but couldn't quite reach. "Here, let me help." Mark easily reached the cookware and gave it to you. Memories of yesterday's events came flooding back into your head as you blushed and looked away to avoid eye contact. "T-thanks." You grabbed the cookware and set it down on the kitchen table. "Okay, that's all the groceries. Aria, you and Mark wash and cut the vegetables. Jinyoung and I will prepare the meat and seafood" Yuri said as she turned to the two of you. "Alright, Yuri. Come on, Aria. Let's move over here so we don't get in their way." Mark grabbed your hand and led you to an empty spot near the sink. You were surprised by the sudden physical contact, but didn't try to resist. You all worked and talked amongst each other as you prepped the ingredients. With the four of you working together, the food was prepared in no time. Soon, everyone gathered around the kitchen table. There wasn't enough room to sit so some of the boys decided to stand. Jay B offered to cook for everyone as you all relaxed and chatted with each other. 

 

Mark was sitting next to you and engaging in conversation with you. Yuri sat at the other end of the table with Jinyoung and Jay B. The rest of the boys were busy goofing off or wrestling each other as they waited for the food to cook. One by one, everyone got their own plate of food and were enjoying it. Mark decided that he wanted to cook your food for you himself. He got up and cooked the meat and placed it on your plate along with vegetables and various seafood. "Thanks, Mark." You smiled at him and he return it with one of his own. "You're welcome. Eat up!" All of you enjoyed your time eating hot pot together as you all chatted and ate until the sun started to set.