CANDIDATE #3

Cupid of The Century

A/N:

The next chapter is up! I hope you guys have a fun time reading it.

Every comment and vote really brightens my day, do share your opinion with me. I highly appreciate it!

A/N:

The next chapter is up! I hope you guys have a fun time reading it.

Every comment and vote really brightens my day, do share your opinion with me. I highly appreciate it!

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f526233315270496357314c2d72513d3d2d3935353732303937302e313636366139613337366139363336323733363230383734333936352e6a7067

Ohm Thitiwat for yall

 

 

 

 

----

 

 

 

 

"Kim, when will your class end?"

Bass asks without any interest, focusing on his phone and texting his beloved brother, Fluke. He smiles when he gets permission to hang with his brother at the bookstore he is working at. He knows the manager and co-worker, Boun, does not mind him spending time there since he never causes any trouble for them.

"I don't know yet. Let us pray I can play a simple tune by the end of today."

Kimmon, Bass's best friend, clasps both of his hands and closes his eyes tight, showing how desperate he is to get what he asked for. The smaller can only shake his head and walk along to the music store that conducts a music class upstairs.

"Hello, P'Ohm!"

Kimmon greets with respect followed by Bass. The worker of the music store looks up and greets them with a stoic smile until his eyes landed on the shorter male. Bass catches the worker's eyes and smiles awkwardly, not expecting the gaze to linger.

"Ah, Kim, I will be at the bookstore beside you. See you there!"

The small man quickly goes away after bidding a short goodbye to his best friend and struts to the shop mentioned. He smiles when the familiar bell chimes as he walks in. Fluke looks up with his friendly smile only to grin wider when he notices that it is his brother.

"N'Bass! You come just in time. I want to check on Ae for a while."

The younger brother can only shake his head at Fluke. His brother loves the stray kitten too much that sometimes he thinks that Ae gets more attention than him, not that he minded. Apparently, the kitten has another caretaker from the shop beside them, not sure which side of the shop his brother is talking about. All he knows is that the caretaker is called Daddy Bear.

"Why don't you just bring the kitten home? You know we love animals."

Bass asks then slips to the staff's side of the cash register, knowing too well that his brother silently asks him to look at the shop for a while. Fluke exchanges place with Bass and make his way to the staff door that leads to the back alley of the shops. Before going to the other room, he turns to look at Bass with a sheepish smile.

"I may be okay playing with cats for quite a while but I don't think my allergy can hold up for more than an hour or two."

Shaking his head, Bass can only let his brother make his way to pamper the four-legged animal. He focuses on his phone and raises an eyebrow when a certain model is texting him. He slides his notification bar down to look at the message and silently whistles at the bravery of Off.

"That is fast. It's only been 3 days."

He raises an eyebrow and smirk as he thinks of a reply to the simple introductory message from the model. Bass knows that he is playing a dangerous game but who can blame him when he is super curious over what makes Off and his brother, Gun, so cold toward each other. Well, mostly Gun who keeps throwing daggers with his eyes.

If he has to act like he is interested then he is down for it. He does not want anyone to see the vicious side of Gun since he knows that Off can easily sell those stories to the hungry media. The world may love his brother to the fullest but so many people like to see him off his high pedestal too.

"Hi K'Off, how have you been?"

Bass mumbles his reply while typing it and inserts a smiley emoji to make it less formal. He puts down his phone when he hears the bell chiming. He puts on a friendly smile when two customers walk in. He silently prays that Fluke can hurry up. He may know how to greet the customers but he does not know how to operate the machine on his right side.

Heaven seems to pity him when he hears the staff door open and enters Fluke looking super energized like he always does when he is done playing with Ae. Bass however sees there is another glint in those big doe eyes when the older makes his way to his original place, shoo him to his usual corner that consists of a wooden table and two chairs facing each other.

As much as the younger male likes to ask what has happened back there, the customers go to the counter to pay for their items and Fluke gives the friendliest service Bass has seen the entirety of him disturbing his older brother.

Not a minute to ponder, Bass feels his phone buzzing in his grip. Ah, he just remembers about Off. He reads the reply from the notification and tries to formulate a reply until another longer buzz from his phone disturbs his focus on the task at hand. He bites his lips looking at the name.

"Are you for real? P'Kao? What now? I swear to god P'Earth always gets his way too easily sometimes."

He contemplates if he should answer and ends up with a sigh as he swipes the green button to accept the call. He can hear the excitement in the older male's voice that greets him sounding breathless.

"Hello, N'Bass. Earth comes and he says he agrees to the condition. Does this mean you also give consent to my request? You know, at the end of the day, I am only up if you are okay with it too."

Bass face palms himself rather hard that even Fluke takes a peek at him while serving the customer but later focuses back on his work as he announces the price of the items chosen. The younger brother only gives an apologetic smile when he sees that even the customers are distracted by how loud the sound he makes.

Can anyone blame him?

The universe seems to play him like a string, or Earth and Kao is.

He nearly forgets about Earth's plan to revenge on the male and uses him as bait. Well, he might be part of the fault since he always up to Earth's shenanigans. Yet, as much as he gets the gain by making his crush jealous, he really thinks that he is walking on a tightrope. He literally has two men tight on his pinkie right now.

"Hey nong? Are you okay?"

The young male snaps out of his thought and clears his throat before answering the concerned businessman from the other line, not wanting to make the man worry.

"Yes, I am here P'Kao. Sorry, I bump into a table just now. Hehe."

Bass curses himself when he hears how awkward his laugh is. Fluke's soft laughter only makes the younger brother feel embarrassed that he gets caught lying to Kao. Shaking his head, the worker takes a seat in front of his brother with curiosity laced in his eyes.

"Are you okay? You should be more careful N'Bass. So, about my question earlier.."

Kao trails off not really having the courage to ask again. He is scared if he asks one more time, Bass might change his mind and leave him with only Earth gaining all the pros while he is only left with nothing for his love life. 

"About that P'Kao, P'Earth and I already discussed and we came to a conclusion that I don't really mind. I mean it is only a date right? If the both of us are having a great time then we can just continue from there and if we don't I hope we can still be as close, can we, P'Kao?"

Fluke's eyes widen and he seems to nearly choke over the air when he hears how different his younger brother's tone is towards the infamous P'Kao. Did he hear it right too?

A date with Gun's boss who is also Earth's client?

Bass chews his lower lip and puts a finger near his mouth to shush Fluke out when he hears a relieved sigh and a sudden promise that he wishes Kao does not intend to fulfill although he knows that is what he and Earth wants. The more intertwined they are, the easier to crush him, or so Earth says.

"Don't worry! I will try my best to make sure you have the best date ever! Ah, sorry nong I still have some stuff to do. We can discuss the date through LINE I assume?"

Bass hums and sweetly says his goodbye then hangs up as quickly as possible. Fluke clears his throat to gain his attention and all he could do is hide his face. The older man is about to open his mouth wanting to ask so many unanswered questions but the welcome bell chimes for the umpteenth time.

The two look at the door and Fluke seems to be flustered as he goes to the tall man Bass recognizes. The man from the music store. Ohm, is it his name?

Bass cannot remember names that well especially for someone he deems not important in his life. Oh, how wrong he is to think it will end here.

"Um, hi Fluke."

Bass raises an eyebrow when he sees Fluke going all panic, gazing from him then the man quickly goes back to him. They seem to be in their own world communicating through their eyes before Fluke put on a sheepish smile and gesture for his younger brother to come.

"Come here N'Bass. I want to introduce you to the infamous daddy bear."

There is a mischievous glint in those eyes that Bass cannot trust but he still makes his way to them. He curses himself for being an obedient boy especially when it comes to his brothers. Once he is beside Fluke, the older man wraps an arm around his shoulder and introduces him.

"P'Ohm this is my baby brother N'Bass and N'Bass, this is P'Ohm or daddy bear. He really takes good care of my beloved Ae."

Ohm rubs his neck and smiles awkwardly looking at Fluke for reassurance. Bass can feel Fluke nodding beside him and Ohm turns his gaze towards him with a shy smile. He holds out his hands for a handshake and Bass only looks at the big hand. Fluke nudges his side and he begrudgingly takes the hand for a firm handshake.

"Hi, I am Ohm or ya know, daddy bear. Yeah. Anyway, nice to meet you N'Bass."

Bass pulls his hand after a while and puts on a friendly smile while nodding despite his focus going elsewhere. Honestly, he is quite suspicious with the two since they keep on making eye contact and gesturing something with their faces so obviously yet he opts to ignores it. He has bigger matters that need his brain wrecking some plan. Unfortunately, the words that come out of Fluke's mouth after, really give a headache to Bass.

He swears he is this close to burn the bookstore.

"You guys look good together that is why I thought of introducing you two, you don't mind right N'Bass?"

Can Bass just drown himself in his crush's embrace now?