CANDIDATE #2

Cupid of The Century

A/N:

Hi~! I am back with another update!

The second candidate:

The second candidate:

Kao Noppakao

 

 

I hope you guys enjoy this update~!

 

 

 

 

----

 

 

 

 

"P'Kao! I told you that this is going to be a win-win situation! When did I ever lie to you?"

Earth's voice echoes across the meeting room that consists of three people, him, Kao, and Bass. The young chairman is frowning deeply as he looks at the paper from a file that is presented to him by Earth.

"Yes, I do agree, but is it really worth it though?"

The fashion designer balls his hands into fists and slams the big desk with so much rage. He has been working on the proposal for more than 5 months trying to make it as complete and convincing as possible. He swears his hair grew thin with the stress he gets to prepare this proposal.

"You see the numbers and you know between you and me, I can predict the outcome 97% more accurately than any other clients that you have worked with!"

Kao let out a sigh and put down the files, he stared at Earth, and without any doubt, he let out a flat no. Bass bites his lower lip hard trying his best to not let out any giggle. As much as he finds it scary how worked up his brother is, the robotic answer from the chairman is tickling his funny bones.

"What? You are being ridiculous here P'Kao! Can't you at least go through the proposal properly? You merely scan it!"

Bass takes it as a cue to hold onto Earth's arm and soothe him down. He knows when his brother's voice starts cracking, he is either going to attack the person by the hair or by the collar. Not like Kao never deals with that before but Bass doesn't think it will be appropriate with the matter at hand. They are discussing business and not merely personal banter.

"P'Earth, calm down and drink the water first. Listen what P'Kao has to say then you can decide to choke him or make him bald though both choices will not change his mind to agree."

Earth glares menacingly at Kao sending a slight shiver going through the older body. He takes a deep breath and sits straight, clearing his throat as he reaches out for the bottle. He chugs the content with two gulps to finish it, making Bass eyeing Kao with a pitiful smile.

There is a reason why Bass is needed each time Earth is having a meeting with his client (aka Kao Noppakao only), while other people can be convinced with a snap of Earth's fingers, Gun's boss is a bit harder to persuade. His brother's buttons are always getting pushed by Kao without false each time.

Big clients will fall into Earth's lap without hesitation with how he prepares himself both from the design that he presented along with the detailed business that comes in the agreement that they will settle on.

Kao, however, always has things to rebuttal against Earth's perfect presentation. Despite every nitpicking that man does, Earth cannot deny that each work he paired up with Kao's artists (especially his brother), he gets the triple amount of income that others can offer. Faster money equals faster building of his own boutique.

"Thank you N'Bass. Now, listen to me Mr. Katsamonnat. You have everything planned out to the niche that I must say, it is very impressive knowing how it is working with you before. I still don't see the promises you make can be achieved. In other words, too risky, especially my side."

Earth takes another deep breath before smiling scarily at Kao as he turns his body slightly to give the client his whole attention. Bass can only look at them with boredom not really understanding what the arguments about. He may contribute to websites and online marketing for Earth yet his only job is updating things for the public rather than involving himself behind the scene.

"Listen here Mr. Noppakao, business is about risk. We have been through this for the past 25 minutes and from the agreement, we can clearly see as much as I gain the benefits from you, you get double from us. And the possibility for it to be against us is only 3%."

Kao does not blink an eye as he leans to his chair. He folds his hand to his chest acting like he is thinking when he is about to open his mouth, Earth taps on Bass's thigh giving him the signal to start the plan on cracking the young businessman to agree.

"Ah, P'Kao, I may not know business stuff but to compare such a large number to a small one, I think it worth the try. I mean P'Earth already tried his best and he has proven to you with his past projects collaborating with your artists."

Just as Earth has trained him last night, Bass starts to look at Kao straight in the slanted eyes with his puppy eyes and pouty lips. His voice turns sickeningly sweet that Earth swears he feels every inch of his skin is trying to crawl out of his body. He swears his younger brother can be such an unexpected poison. 

He loves it.

"B-but I always make sure the biggest risk I can take is 1% at most."

Earth mumbling under his breath about how impossible Kao's demand is but tries to hide his smirk by acting as if he is sipping Bass' drink. He loves having pretty brothers to sway people into his demand. He knows he is gorgeous too but people have different types of beauty and apparently, Kao is into someone like Bass.

"P'Kao, look at it from P'Earth's perspective too, he needs you more than you need him but he can give the extra boost to hype your company up too. Isn't that good enough? You say you want to attract more clothing lines and for now, demand for P'Earth's is pretty high especially among the audience you are targeting. Can't you reconsider it?"

Kao shifts in his seat looking from the younger brother to the older one. His mouth may argue with Earth but his brain says yes (and so is his heart with how fast it beats) and definitely tempted with the offer. Suddenly a brilliant idea comes to his mind.

"I can accept it with a condition."

Earth smiles victoriously knowing he gets the chairman wrapped around his game. No matter what condition that he has to fulfill, it barely can deter him from grabbing the chance to work with Kao again. He raises an eyebrow questioning the request silently.

"Lemme have a date with umm... N'Bass."

The meeting room stays quiet for a long time until Earth laughs out loud. He holds his stomach as he keeps laughing, finding Kao's request as the joke of the year. He wipes his eyes that have tears coming out only to meet with a dead silence when he is done.

Bass looks super confused and stares at Kao who is flustering from the laugh. He rubs his neck feeling himself getting embarrassed as well. He knows that Kao is whipped when it comes to him and his brothers but he is sure that Kao is not someone who is up for any love life, especially now that artists under his company are thriving.

"Pardon?"

Bass breaks the tension when he sees Earth is turning red and Kao getting uneasy in his seat, mumbling an answer that the brothers cannot hear. The fashion designer suddenly packs up his stuff and drags Bass to stand up. They make their way to the door but stop when Kao holds onto the younger brother's arm.

"So, you are up for it?"

Kao asks shyly, looking straight at Bass. Before an answer is heard, Earth punches the older face making him stumble a bit and let go of Bass's arm. With a speed of light, the youngest of the three holds onto Earth to stop him while Kao wipes the blood coming out of his burst lips.

"I know I use my connection to the fullest but I am not going to sell my ing brother for mere cash and fame."

Earth shouts right at Kao's face and drags Bass again leaving the chairman getting frustrated all by himself. Bass feels bad for the man and he knows that deep down there is something deeper than what Earth has in his mind when Kao looks straight to him.

 

 

--

 

 

"P'Earth, you are being dramatic. We can just say no, nicely."

Bass says cautiously while taking a peek at the driver who is trying to calm down from the anger. Earth stops when the red light is beaming and Bass jumps on his seat when he hears a shrill from the older twin.

"That is playing dirty right now! If he really likes you then why involve my business in it?!"

Bass only kept his mouth quiet letting his brother rant all the way to their home. Once they arrive safely, both made their way to the kitchen to take a drink and continue ranting (for Earth). All Bass can do is listen until his phone buzzes on the table signaling a notification.

"Huh, P'Kao texting me asking if we are okay."

Earth clenches his hold onto his favorite mug. Bass is typing out a reply, informing him that he does not mind but instead, Kao needed to be scared of Earth with a soft sigh coming out of his mouth. He sends the message and when he looks up, he sees an evil smile that scares him.

"Bass, you up for a deal with me?"

A shiver runs down his back but he is also curious about what Earth has planned. The older twin always has something under his sleeve that always amazes Bass to the core no matter how risky, crazy, and scary it can be.

"I am all ears."

The two sit close at the kitchen island and whisper their plan in a secretive manner, one with a scheming smirk while the other is in doubt (and intrigue). All Bass can think of is how Earth can be the scariest snake with how he plays with others to have everything he wants.

He loves it.