Package

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Disclaimer:

 

Author’s Notes: 100% fiction & imagination.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Package for Kim Jong Kook.”

 

Ji Hyo raised her brow in confusion upon hearing the message on the intercom. Another package? That was weird. Her husband, out of all the people, wasn’t the type to splurge on online shopping. He was stingy and barely bought stuff unless she told him too. Not that it was a problem as she was pretty like him too.

 

“Another one?” She couldn’t help but utter. This was the fifth package that arrived in their house this week.

 

“Yes, ma’am,” the delivery guy answered.

 

“Can you please leave it at the door?”

 

“Ma’am are you sure? This is bigger than the previous ones,” the delivery guy pointed at the huge box behind him and showed it to the security camera.

 

“Neh?!” Ji Hyo exclaimed as her eyes widened at the screen. “Do you know what it is?”

 

“I don’t think so,” he replied. “It’s from amazon.”

 

“Oh,” Ji Hyo scratched her head and stared at the screen again. The box was as big as a regular refrigerator. “Arasso, I’m coming.”

 

She rushed to the foyer and opened the door for the delivery man, who seemed to have struggled bringing the huge item to their floor.

 

“Where do you want me to put this, Ma’am?”

 

“Over there,” she directed him towards the hallway as she watched him carry the package and place it on the tiny space, nearly occupying their whole walking area.

 

“That’s 187 dollars,” the delivery man claimed, wiping a sweat as he brought out his sign pad.

 

“NEH?” Ji Hyo’s jaw dropped. “You mean to tell me this hasn’t been paid for?”

 

“Yes, ma’am. Would you like to see the delivery details?”

 

Ji Hyo nodded and reviewed the delivery guy’s clipboard and saw her husband’s details– all of which were correct.

 

“Jinja? Did he not pay this with his card?” She asked, trying to figure out what Jong Kook bought.

 

“I’m afraid not–”

 

“Do you think it’s gym equipment?” She suspiciously eyed on the box once more before shaking her head. “Or perhaps his credit card got stolen?”

 

This time, the delivery man couldn’t keep himself from sighing, “Ma’am, I think you’ll have to speak with your husband’s bank if you’re unsure but please do tell me if you’ll be taking this item or if I need to get it back on my truck.”

 

“Right.” Ji Hyo felt bad for airing her speculations. He couldn’t blame the poor guy for doing his job. Maybe she was wrong. What if her husband actually purchased this? Parking her worries for now, she retrieved her wallet and tapped her card on the payment terminal.

 

“Kamshamnida,” the delivery man bowed, thanking her and left their home.

 

As soon as the door closed, Ji Hyo went back to the parcel blocking their hallway and examined it more closely. The box had no labels and was neatly wrapped in tight plastic. Indeed, she found Jong Kook’s name on the label with the delivery QR code.

 

“Aish, what in the world is this?”

 

“What in the world is that?”

 

Ji Hyo jumped out of surprise as she saw her husband, who had just woken up from a power nap, coming out of their room and making a beeline towards the mystery package.

 

“I should ask you the same question,” she placed her hands on her hips, waiting for an explanation.

 

“What did I do this time around?” Jong Kook asked defensively but Ji Hyo couldn't care less and tipped her head to the side, waiting for him to respond.

 

“I’m telling you the truth,” Jong Kook raised his hand, swearing to his wife’s gloomy gaze.

 

“Then what is this?”

 

“I never ordered anything.”

 

“Mwoh?” Ji Hyo gave him a look, “Then what did I pay this for? And it’s 187 bucks for crying out loud!”

 

“Yah,” Jong Kook scolded her, “Why did you pay for this?

 

Realization washed over Ji Hyo’s face and her head began pounded lighty, “You’re kidding—”

 

“Aish,” Jong Kook muttered in annoyance. He loves his wife. He really does so dearly. But in times like this when she goes mong or gets easily tricked, she can get on his nerves.

 

“Oppa,” she lowered her tone, hoping to get her case off of her husband’s mood.

 

Jong Kook stayed silent, keeping his temperature under control, as he busily browsed his past transactions on his phone.

 

Clicking his tongue, Jong Kook discovered a bunch of items he never ordered: A Kinetic Sand Ice Cream Set, a shiatsu back massager pillow, one large chewable dog bone, A toy cash register with a grocery set, and a wooden play kitchen– all complete with its griller, cooking utensils and so forth.

 

“Yeobo,” he called for Ji Hyo, “Come look at this.”

 

Ji Hyo obliged and flinched when she saw his phone, “Oppa, you don’t mean to say that this was all…”
 

“Yup

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter