Parks

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Disclaimer: Inspired by Episode 276 and 100% fiction.

____________________________________________________________________________

 

Parks

 

Song Ji Hyo loves parks.

 

It was no secret that she was very fond of them. Her knowledge about its ins and outs surely left a good impression on everyone, especially Yoo Jae Suk. It was obvious that the nation’s mc has a soft spot for his younger colleague who he treated much like his very own sister. Oftentimes, he would support and brag about her accomplishments even if it had something to do with as simple as navigating the different parks in Seoul. Once or twice, he’d already ask for her recommendations about good hidden areas where he could bring his children to play in private— and she did not disappoint. For the first time (in what seemed like forever), his wife and kids enjoyed their time at the park without being bothered by people for his autograph or photo. Who would’ve thought that he’d still find secret spots in the big city?

 

Since he kept her advice for years, he had also found this information quite useful when he had to shoot in locations that hit Ji Hyo’s list— just like today. He was filming a new variety show that involved a hide-and-seek mission from the other cast members in one of the parks near the Han River. He grinned upon hearing the PD’s instructions that they were free to roam and conceal themselves till they were found by the mission hunters. With his experience from Running Man and the tips he’d gotten from Ji Hyo, Jae Suk had the upper hand in scoring big points for the episode.

 

Sneakily passing through the parking lot and entering a passage past a common playground, he sprinted with his VJ close in tow.

 

“Ahh, it’s my lucky day. I don’t think they’ll find me. You’ll be surprised,” he smiled and pointed a finger at the camera before treading an unfamiliar pathway from the usual sites the public went to.

 

Ten minutes later, he had proven his point right as his VJ was astounded as they arrived at a secluded pocket garden that many were not aware of.

 

“Hyung, how did you know this place?” His VJ was curious.

 

“Aye,” he clicked his tongue while putting his hands on his hips, “You shouldn’t have doubted this old man. I still have some tricks up my sleeve unlike Kwang Hee. He’s probably caught by now.

 

He wasn’t wrong though. The moment he uttered those words, the editing team inserted a clip of Kwanghee screaming for help as his captors seized him. His dongsaeng was unfortunate and clumsy.

 

“So, how many minutes do you think we should wait out here before everyone else is found?” Jae Suk asked the young man holding the camera.

 

“They’ll probably call,” his VJ shrugged, a bit hesitant with his answer.

 

“Why do you seem unsure? Are you hiding something from me?! Are they planning to leave me if they won’t locate where I am?” Jae Suk eyed at him. He can’t help but feel suspicious. After doing so many variety shows through the years, it wouldn’t and shouldn’t be a surprise if the production crew does something crazy.

 

“OPPAAA!!!”

 

Jae Suk instantly ducked and covered his head with his arms. His cameraman did the same but kept his focus in filming him.

 

“Aish — did they find me this easily? Do you have any idea who that is? Are we expecting a guest???” Jae Suk hissed while internally panicking about his next plan of exit.

 

“OPPAAA!!” the woman called her attention and jogged towards Jae Suk’s spot.

 

“Ottoke, she’s coming!” Jae Suk whispered as he steadied his feet, preparing to launch for a run.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter