Mission 2: Seoul

World In Need || BangTwice AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I still don't get what's the purpose of these scanner things. Like do I look like a sajaegi? Is my physical appearance not enough for that?" Chaeyoung thought out loud. 

 

"It's because the media is advertising the attack in busan way too much and even stated how it might be contagious." Dahyun said as she scrolls through her phone.

 

"Besides that, I got a message from my colleague saying that renowned scientists and doctors from all around the country theorized that the Sajaegi these days can grow and infect on a person that's why they're increasing in speed but the main core as to why and how it started is still being debated." Mina added.

 

Mina was a bit troubled by how those Polices in the border talked about sajaegis like they're some kind of virus when in fact, sajaegis weren't. They're plainly monsters who's born from the ashes of the mother metero that struck the earth, that the retired superheroes destroyed.

 

"Wow. Nerds. I didn't even had the slightest idea." Jungkook said, snickering.

 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at him, "You're just an idiot."

 

"They really took the situation to their imagination. Just because we have Train to Busan doesn't mean that's the case now." Jeongyeon stated. 

 

After Busan was locked down, the media reports about these monsters flooded everyone's social media, nonstop. It was understandable since the danger these sajaegis bring really is no joke and must be taken seriously.

 

"What surprises me is that people are unusually calm about this." Dahyun showed her phone to them, "Look, memes are trending in twitter right now." 

 

"It's not that they're calm, they're just ignorant. They don't really know what kind of danger these monsters bring till they, themselves experience it." Mina replied, look of disappointment painted on her face. 

 

"They're complacent. Whenever enemies are being dished out by the media, Z Heroes are there to take them down." Jeongyeon didn't need to think twice to say it. 

 

After working in the Police Force for more than 10 years, Jeongyeon can fully testify how much of a fool the industry is to these new heroes to the point they have become more like a brand line or franchise. 

 

Jeongyeon thinks Super Tech is just squeezing them money.

 

"Those new heroes eh?" Jungkook scoffed, "Even Chaeyoung can bring down one without breaking a sweat." 

 

Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes at him, "Is that supposed to be an insult?"

 

"Still, the media is a bit shady. Journals and reports like these are supposed to be fair and they must tell exactly what's going on, no more no less. In this case the media is really exaggerating the attack even going as far as telling people it's basically contagious and even though they are exaggerating it, people didn't really seemed that bothered about it." Dahyun stated, sharing her insight about it. Ever since they left Busan there's just this unsettling feeling within her. It's like something doesn't fit right. 

 

"Hmm you're right though. When we looked at the city from your apartment, all we saw were beams and energy attacks being thrown out everywhere, the amount of sajaegis on site didn't even reach about 20. The checkpoints and the messed up headlines didn't made any sense." Mina agrees with her. Then the penguin suddenly remembered something, how the night before the attack, a guy with a low-magic Weapon A Knife, appeared and almost harmed her.

 

How did he got those kinds of things? Mina thought those were already ancient history and has been locked in the basement for so long. 

 

Now, Mina looks troubled. Should she tell Dahyun about it? But what if she's gonna add more to her plate? Dahyun already has a lot to think off. She really doesn't want to bother the girl further.

 

"If my memory serves right, the media didn't report about Busan Z Heroes losing, right? I wonder why. Is it because it's bad for their image?" Chaeyoung asked. 

 

Truthfully the cub waited for an update about Lucas and the other guys who were fighting that day. No matter how much of a jerk they are, Chaeyoung still cared for their well-being. 

 

"Aish, y'all are crazy. Of course the media would exaggerate it! They need people to be afraid of the Sajaegis for people to be wary of their surroundings and their safety. It's more of like an awareness thing." Jungkook said. He momentarily looked at them before he shrugged, deciding to just dropped the topic off, "Well whatever. Just chill out."

 

"Well I hope you're right about that one." 

 

The group arrived in Seoul only to be held off in the borders of it. There were more soldiers and Super Tech army on guard here than in Busan. It wasn't a shock for Seoul is the Nation's capital and it would be a disaster if even one of them sajaegis manages to slip through and start a ruckus.

 

"Where did you came from and why are you here?" 

 

Dahyun looked at Chaeyoung through the rearview mirror and the cub nodded at this, understanding what Dahyun meant. 

 

 

"We're from Super Tech Busan Branch and we're here to deliver full reports regarding on what happened in the head quarters." Chaeyoung gave them her ID and other IDs where they managed to fake for the rest of the group's identity with the help of her String Magic ability.

 

The korean soldier called a Super Tech official and showed him their IDs. The soldier was quite skeptical about it and that made the Super Tech official suspicious.

 

"How come we haven't gotten any memo for this?"

 

"Sir, I don't mean to barge but maybe it's a confidential case. Something that we can't know about?" A Super Tech cadet, base on his uniform, interjects.

 

"Sejun! Why are you here? Go back to your post!" The senior ordered. 

 

"S-Sorry Sir!"

 

The Super Tech official turned back to Chaeyoung and the group, tapping the hood of the car. "Alright we need you to slowly get out of this car and go through the scanning process. We can't risk having an infected acting up in the city premises." 

 

Jeongyeon bit her lower lip at this. As of now she's the one with the highest latent potential especially since she just activated 2 of her weapons which leaves her sprinkled with tons of magic particles. 

 

Orginal line of heroes have the same type of magic particles as with the sajaegis since their abilities were accumulated from the same meteor that struck the earth back then that's why the group is in danger right now. 

 

Jungkook and Chaeyoung's powers were thankfully sealed off by the Fenrir's Leader, Namjoon. Mina had the necklace, Dahyun's powers weren't that active which leaves Jeongyeon, a pureblooded Superhero with no concealers to cover with.

 

"Crap." Jeongyeon muttered under her breath as an MPF Gun was positioned infront of her forehead. 

 

Suddenly 2 alarming sound beeped and soldiers nearby swarmed their area and defensively took their stance.

 

"Mind explaining why you two have such high magic particles?" 

 

Jeongyeon nervously eyed Dahyun who's shockingly in the same position as hers. Mina worriedly looked at them from the other side, ready to pounce on whoever harms Dahyun on sight. 

 

"Uhh..as you know we're from Super Tech and dealing with magic particles isn't new to us. E-especially to them since they are…they are engineers! That's right they're engineers, in charge of putting fair amount of magic particles into the gadgets." Chaeyoung came into rescue once she finished her process. 

 

The official in charge, seems to be looking at them suspiciously before he sighed and waved his hands, "Off you go." 

 

They went back to their car and drove off after the soldiers cleared the way for them.

 

"Man that was nerve-wrecking." Chaeyoung gulped while continued driving. 

 

"Dubs why did your magic particles went up high?" Mina asked, turning around to look at Dahyun, "It wasn't that high when we exited Busan's border."

 

Dahyun just shrugged at this, "The fight underground might've caused it to skyrocket. You know I'm not used to fighting, this is fairly new to me that's why my body's acting up with it." 

 

"Just be careful not to overuse it next time, Dahyunnie, the government and Super Tech can be more scarier than the monsters itself. Who knows what secret weapons they have in stored for the situation." Mina shivered in fear just by imagining the things both the company and the government will do to either of her friends when they find out they're related to them—sajaegis. 

 

Minutes later….

 

"Stop moving, jerk!

 

"No, how about YOU stop moving? Look at how small my space is! I'm literally squatting right now, hello?"

 

"Jungkook, I swear to godjihyo.." 

 

"Come to think of it, do you know where she is?"

 

"Jungkook!"

 

Currently the car they're in cannot support their quantity which results to Jeongyeon, Jungkook and Chaeyoung, respectively, squished at the back of the car.

 

Dahyun and Chaeyoung exchanged positions again because Dahyun knows the Seoul roads best and Chaeyoung is starting to regret her decision. The cub's waist may be small but Jungkook's hips are taking over the seat plus the fact that Jeongyeon added to the space too, didn't helped at all.

 

"Calm your guys, we're almost out of gasoline I have to stop by and reload this baby in the nearest station though we might just discard the car there and walk towards the venue of Nayeon-unnie's fanmeet. It's not that far anyways." Dahyun said.

 

Chaeyoung stopped moving at this and just sighed as she looked outside the window, hoping the ride would be over soon. 

 

"Oh? Why did you stopped moving? You don't have ti—"

 

Before Jungkook can even finish his sentence, Chaeyoung's elbow already made its way towards his crotch. 

 

"Cr—Cream..." Jungkook whimpered in pain as he buckled up his knees and closed his eyes. 

 

"Now just because you have well defined chest doesn't mean you can insult mine." Chaeyoung hissed. 

 

Jeongyeon and Dahyun can't help but snicker at this, "Yah, yah Jungkook you're good man, I see the lejind taught you well?" Jeongyeon remarked.

 

Jungkook smirked at this, pain still evident on his face, "Of course! Hyung's teachings were always the easiest to understand."

 

"I attended one of his pun seminars once and I swear, it urged me to be a better me. Gosh that was so inspiring." The short-blonde girl recalled.

 

Mina just rolled her eyes at the idiots surrounding her. She then glanced at a billboard news just up ahead and saw that big cities such as Daegu and Ulsam has already been affected by sajaegi attacks and it made Mina wonder: Where did they really came from? It was so sudden. They really were just living their own normal lives the day before that, no signs or whatever.

 

"We're here!" Dahyun pulled up in a gasoline station.

 

Chaeyoung quickly opened the car door, knelt, and kissed the ground (not really).

 

"Finally!" 

 

Jeongyeon and Jungkook followed. The golden maknae of Fenrir just stretched his body where the bones in his body can be heard cracking. 

 

"The red carpet will start in about 5 minutes. We should hurry up." Mina said as she took out her necessary things and started walking.

 

"They hold red carpet for fan meetings now?" Jungkook asked, quite amazed at how grand a fan meet could be.

 

"She's not just the Nayeon we know anymore. She's made a name for herself and truthfully, it's what every big artists get these days." Jeongyeon muttered seriously before following the penguin.

 

"Welp there's your answer." Chaeyoung shrugged.

 

"I see we still had our minds linked. Frog this is such a nuisance." Jungkook complained while running a hand through his hair.

 

Dahyun snorted at this, "Funny how half-siblings can have such a strong bond like this."

 

"Oh shut up."

 

The group hurried to the venue only to see the press swarming up the front line. Jeongyeon cursed under her breath before inserting herself in, it's good that she maintained her lean figure, in that way she wouldn't get pushed off so easily. 

 

"I'll take up this area!" Dahyun declared before crawling under a paparazzi's legs.

 

"Dahyun! Aish." Mina immediately followed the tofu while Chaeyoung just tugged Jungkook's sleeve.

 

"I need your height." Is what Chaeyoung said.

 

"Wipe that smug off of your face. You owe me one for getting you out of your boredom." Chaeyoung added.

 

Jungkook chuckled at this before crouching down so that Chaeyoung can sit on his broad shoulders and when she finally have settled in, Jungkook slowly pushed himself up, not a bit fazed by Chaeyoung's weight.

 

"She's here!" 

 

The crowd began to move vigorously, pushing each other off for the sake of a better angle when a limousine stopped. The door opened and slowly, a girl in red came out from the car. 

 

"Miss Im! What can you say about the cancellation of your tour?"

"Do you know what's the reason of the sudden pull-out?

"Is it true you're going to model for a Japanese brand?"

"Who do you want to collab with, Miss Im?"

"What are your thoughts about those zombie-like creatures appearing in our country?"

 

The press were already at it and the group can just stare at Nayeon's visuals, especially Jeongyeon who seems to have her breath caught up. Nayeon changed a lot, she became more gorgeous, more classy and more matured that even Mina almost never recognized her presence. 

 

"Nayeon-unnie! Nayeon-unnie!" Dahyun was moving from place to place trying to catch Nayeon's attention. 

 

"NAYEON-UNNIE!" Even Chaeyoung from the far end tried to call her. 

 

Jeongyeon just followed her as she walks down the carpet and noticed something different. She knew this—she knew her. 

 

Mina wouldn't even try to yell or say something, instead she just deliberately waved her hands in hopes of catching Nayeon's attention. 

 

"No, no, no! Unnie! Wait please!" Dahyun called but it was not working. 

 

"Save your voice, she's not gonna hear anything." Jeongyeon said, stopping Dahyun from getting in further. 

 

"What do you mean unnie?" Chaeyoung asked once she got down from Jungkook's shoulders.

 

"Nayeon hates crowds in general. Sure she may love singing infront of them but she hates the press that comes along with it that's why she cancels out her hearing in things like these plus the fact that she did not reacted to that press asking her a question about the sajaegis incident proved my guess right." Jeongyeon explained. 

 

It makes sense since Nayeon's superpowers, sonic, makes her hearing become sensitive though no one from them would've predicted she'd cancel out people's voices in her head. 

 

"Speaking of crowd, Mina also doesn't like big crowds like these. Where is she?" Dahyun asked once she noticed that Mina hasn't returned yet.

 

And as if on cue, Dahyun's phone ding-ed.

 

"I'm inside the venue. Where are you? I think I followed the wrong person. Please get me out."

- Minarin~ 

 

"Sht." Dahun cussed and immediately called Mina's number.

 

 

"Dahyun.."

 

"Hello? Mina-unnie! Where are you?"

 

"I'm in a back stage or some sort. No one noticed me yet because they're all busy preparing."

 

Dahyun heaved a sigh of relief at this, "Okay, okay, just stay there okay? Jeongyeon-unnie's gonna get you out of there."

 

"The hell do you mean I'll get her out of there?" Jeongyeon said once Dahyun ended the call.

 

"Mina, Mina's trapped inside and she needs your help. You're the only one who can do this, unnie." Dahyun replied as she placed her phone back in her pocket.

 

"What's a gun-nerd gonna do in there huh? She's just going to cause panic." Jungkook interfered.

 

Chaeyoung glared at him, "That's not Jeongyeon-unnie's real powers, jerk." 

 

Dahyun grabbed something from her coat's pocket and gave it to Jeongyeon, "Here, use this and while you're at it. Talk to Nayeon-unnie for us too." 

 

Jeongyeon looked at the piece of paper Dahyun gave to her, "A pass? It says here 5 minutes of talking to Im Nayeon—what the hell am I gonna accomplish in that 5 minutes? I can't even call out her name earlier!" She panicked.

 

Chaeyoung just placed a hand on Jeongyeon's shoulders, "Unnie, we need her and even if you deny it we know you missed her too so please bring her back." 

 

Jeongyeon can only look at Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Jungkook's confused face before sighing and folding the paper, "Fine." 

 

"Remember to get Mina-unnie out of there before any staff can see her. You have 5 minutes with Nayeon-unnie, tell her about the situation—and fast!" Dahyun reminds and that only made Jeongyeon gulped. 

 

"Goodluck unnie!" Chaeyoung said.

 

Jeongyeon wiggled her arms before exhaling deeply, "Okay let's do this!" Jeongyeon closed her eyes and in just a millisecond, she was already gone before them.

 

"Woah! What the hell happened? She disappeared!" Jungkook beamed clearly surprised at what has just transpired.

 

"Jeongyeon-unnie takes control of space and territory. You might mistook it since she's always on offense mode. She gets her stuff in a space container where she can retrieve it all the time but her abilities actually include teleporting." Dahyun explained. 

 

Truthfully when Dahyun knew about Jeongyeon's capabilities back when she was handling them, she immediately knew this person is the right job for a Motion Defender and Long-Ranged Offense-Defense position. It amazed her how someone can be well rounded in both offense and defense. 

 

And then all of a sudden something from the sky landed just right behind them. It caused quite a commotion and when they turned around: Jungkook, Dahyun and Chaeyoung saw a man with lots of tattoos squashed on a car hood with a hero in cape stepping on it. Then a few others came in the scene which made the press turn to them.

 

"It's the new purebloods!"

"Oh my god they're out in action?!"

"This is amazing!"

"Look here, look here!"

 

"Listen, everyone, monsters have been appearing everywhere but you needn't to worry for we, Z Team will eliminate any pest that comes in our way." The man in cape announced.

 

Flashes can be seen and the camera shutters can be heard as the new heroes pose for it. 

 

"Chae mind filling me in here?" Dahyun asked as she curiously suspects the new set of heroes. 

 

It does seem a bit similar to purebloods especially since no gadgets can be seen attached to them but Dahyun refused to acknowledge it, confusion takes place as she formulates possible answers for it.

 

"Dubs I swear I had no idea how the main branch have managed to produce heroes like them." Chaeyoung answered in a hushed tone.

 

"Do you think they're really purebloods? How come I haven't seen their faces before and they look so young! I'm pretty sure they weren't present in the tragedy for them to receive the curse." Dahyun asked again.

 

"I..I don't know dubs. Though I do recognize San and Yves from the training chamber applicants, I just can't understand why." Chaeyoung replied. 

 

"This is cra—"

 

"Hey! You! I think I recognize you!" The guy beside the hero in cape pointed at Chaeyoung and jumped down from the hood of the car, making the ground crack as he landed. 

 

This earned a few 'oohs' from the crowd as they detached themselves from the trio and made a fair distance between them as the hero who jumped, made his way to them. 

 

"You're my buddy, Lucas' assistant!" He happily chirped and placed an arm around her.

 

"Yah, Chan! Look at this! We were in need of a new assistant right? Dumb boomers can't even do their job right." He snickered.

 

The man in cape, Chan, just looked down at them with such a fierce gaze. While the others chuckled at this. 

 

"Are you sure she's up for the job? Look at how tiny she is." A girl with a mask on, said. 

 

"Tall or short, it doesn't matter Yena as long as the kid can do the job right then go." The girl, in which Chaeyoung can recognize as Yves, answered.

 

So this is the new group, same attitude but higher power level. Consists of 6 members, equally divided into 3 guys and 3 girls, Dahyun thought. 

 

Chaeyoung was not liking the attention one bit. The cub removed San's arm around her and politely declined, "Sorry but I've already quit my job." 

 

"So what? It's not like you can decline or anything. You came from Busan right? How the hell did you cross the border then? You must've used your ID right? If so then you would'v been directed to a concentration camp instead." It was that taunting grin that made Dahyun w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter