Mission 1: Outskirts of Busan

World In Need || BangTwice AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Well more like, half-brother. I usually don't claim him but emergencies like these calls for drastic measures." Chaeyoung said.

 

"Wow, we see them almost everyday inside the building even though we have different assigned areas, you didn't even bothered to tell us he's THE Jeon Jungkook, Fenrir's Offense Line: Ace Attacker?" Mina clarified.

 

Dahyun's eyes were glued to the road ahead of them, she took the railway towards East Bound, figured that it's probably the easiest way out rather than going through 5 gates on the front. 

 

"He's a year older than me but yeah I didn't get to interact with him all the time because of their busy schedules. You know they're often assigned to far away places especially outside Korea." Chaeyoung explained.

 

"Still that's such a shocker." Mina uttered

 

"I never would have thought, I mean we did got the same vibes you two are giving off. The tattoos, the highlights, the energy and especially being war freaks." Dahyun commented.

 

Mina chuckled and turned to Chaeyoung, "Dahyun's correct and I just remembered, Namjoon sealed off your magic powers because of that sole reason, right?" 

 

Chaeyoung sighed and slumped back, "Even though he's just a teenager, Namjoon took us in when we were 12, it's natural for him to worry about us and since everyone was retiring and groups disbanding, he left us a gift which is this, Thanks to Dahyun here." She said and rolled her eyes at the said girl.

 

Chaeyoung lifted up her sleeves and showed them her glowing wrist with a cube cage drawn on it along with the initials R and M. 

 

"Woah, I thought that's just one of your tattoos." Dahyun said as she glanced at her through the rearview mirror.

 

"That's Namjoon's signature right?" Mina asked as she examined Chaeyoung's wrist.

 

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

 

"Well everytime he's on a solo mission, he'd leave the initals RM after he's done. I've been assigned on some few clean-up drives and I often see that initials left in there." The penguin briefly explained.

 

"It also helps the fact that Namjoon's magic allows him to break stuffs easily thus causing debris everywhere. It's a hassle to do reports on it but his fights were always worth it." Dahyun butts in.

 

"What do you mean by 'his fights were always worth it'?" Chaeyoung asked, curious as she leaned forward and looked at the tofu driving.

 

"Let's just say, Namjoon got dragged a lot by the locals during his first few months of being a hero. People were saying that he doesn't deserve to be one just because his magic powers is destructive and does not fit the Hero criteria plus you know that Namjoon was once a vigilante too. His previous team mates also dragged him down for that. It was stupid, honestly. Namjoon did his best to prove them wrong, committed a lot of mistakes but also apologized and learned from it." Dahyun added and her words made Chaeyoung mad.

 

"What?! Are they serious?! He's the kindest person I know! When Seojoon-ssaem convinced him to stop and be a proper Hero, he worked 10x harder than those guys just too earn the world's trust!" Chaeyoung was frustrated that she just knew what her favorite adoptive older brother went through just to get to where he was before.

 

"We can truly see the dedication in him, that's why he deserved to be Fenrir's leader when it debuted. His unmatched experiences through various of fields and intelligence just made him the Hero everyone looked up to." Mina stated, finishing off Dahyun's narrative.

 

Chaeyoung got quiet, letting the information sink in her when Dahyun stepped on the brakes abruptly, almost making the youngest kiss the dashboard if it weren't for Mina's magic.

 

"Dahyun, what's wrong?" Mina

 

"What the hell dubs?! Are you literally gonna make me lose my lips' ity to your car's panel?!" Chaeyoung was about to grab Dahyun's collar when the tofu hurried out from the car and opened the back seat. 

 

"Take the wheels." Dahyun said

 

"What the hell? You almost injured me and—"

 

"—and I'm about to do it again if you don't do as I say! Damn it Chaeng!"

 

"Fine, fine geez. Why are you being so hotheaded these past few days. Is it your time of the mo—oww!"

 

Dahyun smirked as she mind-controlled the car door and hit the cub real hard.

 

The world did not need to know about that.

 

" you." Chaeyoung spits and got in the driver's seat nevertheless.

 

"Tzuyu wouldn't like to hear that." Dahyun chuckled, "Anyway there's a checkpoint up ahead and they're strict with everything. One wrong move and we'll be going to the concentration camps instead." Dahyun instructed as she pointed at the road up ahead.

 

"Where though? I can't see because of the thick fog. Are you sure about this? I'll literally cut off your buns if you're just making me do this because you got lazy." Chaeyoung said, threatening the tofu.

 

"Hey! I'm not lazy." Dahyun defended.

 

"You called me, told me there was an emergency and that I should go to the mall only to be ordered to get some fries and nuggets." Mina said.

 

"You tricked me into cleaning the house by telling me it will increase one's height." Chaeyoung added.

 

"Well yeah there's also that but hey! Just look. Swats are posted up ahead. Trust me on this will ya? My senses are always right." Dahyun proudly said, dropping off her infamous smirk.

 

"Yeah yeah, fine quit it with the smug look. I remember Jungkook with that and it makes my blood boil. Eugh." Chaeyoung said and started driving.

 

"The air here is different." Mina pointed out

 

"Yeah it feels like it's done on purpose." Dahyun said and turned to Chaeyoung, "When they make you pull up, just show your SuperTech I.D. tell them you're out to seek help from other branches." 

 

"Wow that's actually brilliant." Chaeyoung agreed.

 

"Mina, listen, I need you to wear this." Dahyun took off her necklace and gave it to her.

 

"What's this?" Mina asked and examined the piece of jewelry. It has an eagle emblem on it and is clearly made of gold basing on its density.

 

"It's a special type of concealer. Namjoon has the gloves version, this necklace allows you to hide your latent potential. As of now, you're the one with the most magic particles and those guards will examine us if we have the sajaegi virus or not by using the basement scanner tools from before." Dahyun elaborated.

 

"So it can also detect our magic particles then, same as with the sajaegis. But, how about me Dubs?" Chaeyoung asked as she slowly manuevered through the thick fog.

 

"Your real magic has been sealed Chae, what's left of you are scraps. You'll probably managed, just tell them you hang out with the gen-z heroes alot." Dahyun shrugged.

 

"The difference of treatment! I hate being a 3rd wheel sometimes." Chaeyoung said and rolled her eyes.

 

Mina looked at the necklace and wore it, "You've thought this thoroughly. It's amazing how your observation skills knows no walls—or fogs in this case." 

 

It did not take long for them to reach the checkpoint and Dahyun was right, all vehicles were sent to the opposite way, which they guess is the concentration camp.

 

"Now act civil guys." Mina reminded.

 

A heavily armed police officer approached them and Chaeyoung lowered the car window just in time.

 

"Maam, we're gonna have to ask you to proceed to the concentration camp."

 

Oof right off the bat? Dahyun thought.

 

"Sorry officer but I'm afraid I can't do that." Chaeyoung sternly said.

 

"Excuse me? According to the Prime Minister, everyone is forced to cooperate on this case if not, then we have no choice but to arrest you and put you in prison instead." 

 

Instead of answering, Chaeyoung grabbed her company I.D in which she was thankful she was able to grab it on her desk earlier and showed it to him. 

 

"I'm with SuperTech and I'm here to sought out help from other branches." Chaeyoung's act is commendable.

 

The officer took her I.D. in disbelief and scanned it carefully before analyzing Chaeyoung's face.

 

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience maam, please proceed to the quarantine section and get checked." The officer bowed as he directed them to a different direction.

 

"It won't take them long to realize, SuperTech Busan has already been destroyed. Let's move faster." Dahyun whispered as she pulled on her hoodie.

 

"Wait, Dahyun how about you??" Mina asked and looked at her in the eyes. 

 

Dahyun just showed her a reassuring smile before going out of the car when Chaeyoung pulled up.

 

"You there! Get it moving!" An officer pointed at the tofu and Dahyun had no choice but to comply.

 

"Wait! She's with us!" Mina was about to grab Dahyun's arm but another officer grabbed hers first. 

 

"We need to make sure each of you weren't affected with the virus." Said the officer.

 

Mina was about to blow him away out of reflex but thanks to Dahyun's necklace, it kind of nullified it.

 

"Virus?! What are you blabbing about? I've been a doctor in Park J Hospital for more than 10 years and I haven't received a single notice of such virus!" Mina retorts.

 

"Mina-unnie, it's fine! Dubu will be fine!" Mina can hear Chaeyoung yell from a fair distance.

 

"Hey you, please step on the mark." The officer commanded.

 

And Chaeyoung just raised her hands and placed it behind her head mockingly, "Sure officer."

 

After the officers conducted the test, 4 of them went near her and cautiously positioned their guns. Chaeyoung raised a brow at this, did she just blew up her cover?

 

"Maam, please explain the 5% magic particles found in your system." 

 

"If you dont, we'll have to report you to the higher ups." 

 

Chaeyoung just chuckled at this, "Relax boys! a normal human being contains 1.5% of that magic particles you're talking about. I may not look like it but I'm old! way too old, plus the constant hanging out with my best bud Lucas allowed me to sniff and intake a lot of it considering Lucas' engine is made out of it." She explained.

 

By this time, Dahyun's already done with her screening and she passed 99%. It's not that hard considering Dahyun's a managing hero and her magic powers are already low in the game. And while Chaeyoung and Mina are taking their sweet time arguing with the officers. Dahyun can't help but notice the police officer watching the two from a far.

 

The figure looked like a girl who bun-ned up their hair just like Dahyun's and placed a police hat over it. It made it harder for Dahyun to look at her face but when she hastily turned around and fast-walked, Dahyun widened her eyes.

 

Dahyun looked at the busy officers and decided to immediately follow the figure who went behind the tents. She caught up with her figure and stealthily followed her. Dahyun was being careful not to be seen and was about to confront her when the figure suddenly turned around, cocking an oh so familiar gun pointing it, inches away from Dahyun's forehead.

 

"Ahh neptune, where's its twin?" Dahyun calmly asked despite the gun boring an invisible hole.

 

When the girl dawned it on her, she eas shocked to find out it was Dahyun all along.

 

"M-Manager Kim?!"

 

"Jeongyeon-unnie." 

 

Yes, in front of her is none other than, Yoo Jeongyeon. Seraph's Long-range Guard and Motion Defender. 

 

"What are you doing here? I thought it's just Chae and Mina but—what? You're also alive?" Jeongyeon can't believe it. 

 

Ever since the older one was assigned to Busan, never had she fathom that she'd cross paths with them, especially in this situation.

 

"Well, let's just say I'm a lucky staff who coincidentally carried an injured penguin when the curse hit you guys." Dahyun placed a finger on Jeongyeon's pistol and slowly pushed it off.

 

"Please put neptune away, I'm still scared of what it can do." She added with a nervous laugh.

 

"Oh right I'm sorry about that." Jeongyeon lowered her firearm and it suddenly disappeared in thin air, "Uhmm the curse, yeah. huh? We get to live for a very long time but it's basically killing us gently."

 

"Tell me about it." Dahyun chuckled.

 

"So, what brings you guys here?"  

 

Dahyun went silent for a moment before she dropped the bomb. There's no use running in circles, she got right into the point right away.

 

"Join us. Fight again. This world needs you once again." 

 

Dahyun's tone was pursuasive and Jeongyeon would lie if she said she didn't felt blood rushing up to her and excitement running up once she heard those words. Fight. Jeongyeon loves battles, don't mistake it, she's not a war freak. She just loves destroying evil together with her team mates to the point that she went back to college to be a Police Officer, in that way she was able to keep her match burning.

 

But this, this opportunity is different and as much as Jeongyeon wanted to say yes and change into her battle uniform, she just remembered she can't. 

 

Jeongyeon sighed deeply and patted the younger one on the back, "I'm sorry Dubs, I love my job now. I don't think the people of today will be very accepting, especially since they already have their established heroes." 

 

Dahyun's smile fell off, she totally didn't expect this one.

 

"But the world is gonna be in chaos Jeong. Your magic can be a really good help in eliminating sajaegis." Dahyun said.

 

"It is indeed useful. You can see why I joined the forces. Besides, the last time we went in war with villains and sajaegis the same time, that tragedy happened." Jeongyeon paused and looked at her in such seriousness. "..and I don't want that to happen again."

 

Dahyun understood what Jeongyeon is meaning to say, a lot really happened back there. Heroes before lost their confidence and some don't even consider theirselves as one.

 

Dahyun just sighed and placed her hands back in her pockets, "Well, seeing you made me realize how important gen-z heroes are nowadays." 

 

That statement from her made Jeongyeon's brow twitch as if she misheard her the first time. At the back of Dahyun's head, she thought she'd do some taunting. She knew how Jeongyeon hated to be compared and also—

 

"I guess I'll stop by the next city and get some help from those youngsters. Sajaegis are spreading towards seoul. I heard Nayeon-unnie's there.." Dahyun sucessfully caught Jeongyeon's interest upon dropping the oldest member's name.

 

".. She's strong yeah but we decided to go to Seoul and provide her the best backup she will ever need. Sajaegis' new form is really dangerous Jeong. Trust me, you wouldn't want Nayeon dealing with those cause this time, quantity can indeed break a quality." Dahyun finished.

 

Jeongyeon just got quiet, spacing out a bit or maybe pondering.

 

"Right! Now if you may excuse me, my 6th sense can clearly feel the chills of Mina calling. I do not want to di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter