Chapter 6 (yoohyeon's a prince)

Kingdoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---I don't even remember what is happening in the story at this point but here we go again. Thank you so much for reading this, tbh i don't really like writing but I love this fandom and I've read all of the wholesome Jiyoo aus, so I started writing this. It's not the last chapter (i mean it could be but it could also not be) but I hope you enjoy it nevertheless. Again sorry about the plot holes, bad grammar and overall lack of cohesive-ness.. This story is not planned out, i genuinly dislike writing, and I have literally no idea what I last wrote about. last an apology to Yoohyeon who I torture in both my books rn TT im so sorry i love angst so much tho... ---

Yoohyeon POV

 

  Dull yellow lights were fading in and out of view as whispers swirled around her head. She couldn't make out any words nor move her body until finally, the blurry light came into focus and she could open her eyes. 

Stood beside her bed was Dami. She was accompanied by a girl who looked oddly familiar. She only then saw Dami's facial expressions, a slightly amused smile but with eyes that implied slight annoyance.

If Yoohyeon felt comfortable swearing in front of the princess's little sister, she would have said quite a few unholy words. But, Of course, they had been 'found out'. And, of course, it was by the Princess's younger sister. Dami cleared . 

 

"the King is looking into stopping the competition."

 

"w-what why?"  

Yoohyeon said suddenly panicking, it's not that she'd fallen for the princess already even though her looks were quite stunning, She was worried about what her father would say.

Gahyeon finally spoke up "even though I know you're a woman I hope you win." Yoohyeon stared dumbly at Gahyeon while Dami quickly covered Gahyeon's mouth with her hands.

Yoohyeon made eye contact with Dami, to see her curtly nod. If Yoohyeon had any energy she would have done anything else but she just laughed.

 

"This is insane"

 

Yoohyeon tried to sit up, and Gahyeon immediately came to her stuffing a pillow behind her.

 

"so how on earth did this happen?" 

 

"Have you always been a girl"

 

"Why are you pretending?"

 

"Are you actually a dude"

 

"you're actually pretty handsome..and pretty"

 

"do you like Mijni.."

 

"do you love Minji?

 

Yoohyeon simply opened and closed for a bit, looking like a goldfish washed up to shore...Yoohyeon felt like one too. She glanced at Dami for support whom avoided eye contact.

 

"uh...It wasn't my idea"

 

Yoohyeon gave a brief overview of why she was a girl hoping it would convince Gahyeon not to tell anyone. Anyone being her father or her sister, or the royal court, or her maids who would gossip, or anyone of any importance. She was really the third worst person to have found this out.

It took a few days for the welts to go away and for the scars on her to heal. In the past few days, Yoohyeon's shoulder had gotten infected, the veins around it darker with a fever taking over. Dami and the Medic surrounded her at all times. Dami held a cold towel to her forehead and Wendy tried different medications to clean her wounds. 

Yoohyeon dreamt about her mother saving her, apologizing to her father, and telling them to run away together. Another dream was Siyeon appearing from her Kingdom with Bora and they would piggyback her to their palace. 

But when she came to, it was nothing like that, just her cold quarters in a kingdom she didn't know.

Gahyeon sometimes visited delivering her goods from the royal meals. Telling her court gossip, and random tid bits about the princess. 

-----

Dami sat her up and helped her to the shower. It had been about a week since the King announced that they were thinking about stopping the competition. Yoohyeon could sit up without dizziness, and wound stung less. Yoohyeon sat at the edge of her bed, Dami standing over her.

 

"I ran you a bath, it's been a few days and you stink, you could use it"

 

Yoohyeon nodded. Just at that moment, Gahyeon burst in with her sister. Dami immediately stiffened and knelt towards JiU.

 

JiU smoothly stood Dami back up.

 

"Thank you,"

 JiU said her voice, buttery and sweet.

 

"for saving my idiot sister" Gahyeon pouted at that but also smiled.

 

"no problem, it would have been strange to leave her there" Yoohyeon replied

 

"but still you could have"

 

"no, I couldn't have"

 

"but you could have"

 

"not really, it would have been strange, it's not a big deal"

 

"It IS a big deal! you saved my sister"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter