chapter 1 (Yoohyeon's a prince)

Kingdoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoohyeon's a Prince chapter 1 (this was supposed to be a one shot but ended up being longer, so it's not going to be a super long fic)

(I also changed their ages, Handong is 27, Siyeon is 23, Bora is 28, Minji is 25, Yoohyeon is 19 (almost 20), Dami is 19 and Gahyeon is 17..the isn't really going to be mentioned because it was an accident lol...it's also very likely that i will forget their ages and totally mess up)

          

     Yoohyeon had been dressed up as a boy her whole life. When her two older sisters Handong and Siyeon were born girls and her parents realized that a boy didn’t seem likely they decided to tell not one soul that Yoohyeon was born a girl.

When her mother was in labor only Yoohyeon’s father and two midwives were present. Afterward, both of the midwives were never seen again. The queen sometimes wondered if the midwives had known that they weren’t going to make it past the Yoohyeon's birth. Her youngest daughter’s birth was bittersweet in that sense. 

The queen suspected that the midwives knew their fate once they told her and her husband the of her newborn. She saw the look the two midwives shared before her water had broken. and seeing their faces after it was all over made the queen almost sure that the two midwives knew of their fate. The curt nod they gave to the queen almost as if saying

 “there’s nothing you can do, don’t blame yourself too much."

 

 The two midwives had delivered both of her previous children as well.

            Handong is the oldest, and the next child is Siyeon the three children are about four years apart. The queen had gotten to know them well, and two midwives were clearly in love. They had grown up together and both had a passion for helping and empowering women, so they decided to become midwives together. The last time she saw the young midwives, they were hand in hand walking behind the king. The barely taller girl playfully teased the shorter girl as they walked to their deaths.

          The King and Queen were not the worst parents at the beginning they heavily favored Handong which caused a ripple among the siblings but they all knew they could have had it worse. The siblings all yearned to be closer to each other but their pride kept getting in the way. 

Yoohyeon spent most of her time training, she practiced sword fighting and martial arts. She loved martial arts because it was when she got to feel her femininity it was freeing. Yoohyeon didn’t mind her life, but she started to hate it after Handong disappeared. Her oldest sister disappearing was just the icing on the cake or the final straw. 

No one knew where she went and her parents weren’t coping well. Yoohyeon had felt a connection with her mother while growing up. Her mother made sure to spend time with her, and read her to sleep but when she hit puberty things changed. 

After she got her first period her mother hung around her less, and she was forced to sit by her father at every meal. Her mother would give her glances, and she had small moments with her but it wasn't the same.

Handong disappeared when Yoohyeon was 14 when Handong had just turned 18. Yoohyeon still felt cared for by the queen, her mother, until the loss of Handong.

             First, they blamed Siyeon for not caring for Handong well enough but after a rather violent fight in the kitchen, they realized that blaming Siyeon would also imply that they did something wrong, so instead they blamed Yoohyeon. 

It didn’t really make sense either but, Yoohyeon didn’t stand up for herself like Siyeon did and soon enough Siyeon was sent to Kim Bora’s kingdom and the blame had been permanently transferred to Yoohyeon. 

Years went by Yoohyeon got the occasional letter from Siyeon telling her how she was doing, something about Bora. The letters always make Yoohyeon feel bittersweet, she wishes that she could join them. 

Siyeon rants about how funny Bora is and random occasions that happen at the kingdom and all Yoohyeon can send back is half-assed congratulations or awkward letters a back saying she was glad that Siyeon was happy. 

They rarely talk about Handong, but when they do it's timid and the conversation ends quickly. Yoohyeon can tell Siyeon feels guilty for leaving, while they were never really close, Siyeon and Handong had tried to look out for Yoohyeon. They did little things like wash Yooh's training clothes or take her plate in. 

Sometimes one of them might distract the king to give Yoohyeon a break from training. Siyeon's letter asked a lot of questions as well as a rant about Bora (per usual) but Yoohyeon rarely answered them. She usually answered the basic "how are you" but never anything further and she never went into more details than "I'm doing well how are you?". Siyeon wasn't sure what would happen to Yoohyeon after she left, but she did know that without her around they would focus all their energy on working Yoohyeon to the ground.

She worried about Yoohyeon's social skills, She didn't have any friends and the only person she really spoke to was the King, their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter