Chapter 2 (Yoohyeon's a prince)

Kingdoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         As Minji found herself walking up the wide wooden steps to the stage, she was realizing entire life had felt like it had lead up to this moment. She had spent her life training to be the best possible Queen yet she wasn't excited or antsy. all she could think about was how she was going to miss playing in the mud with her little sister, she was going to miss training in secret because her mother thought that she should know how to defend herself.

       She looked out to the crowd of suitors and she scanned them all, It looked like a sea of light green and brown with Three exeptions. Their own prince of Hanyu, brave Sir. Eric Nam and one other she did not recognize. Goosebumps made their way up her arms and chills up her back as she watched the crowd, studying them. She never considered herself what some would call "superficial". someone who only approaches those because of their beauty but right now she hoped that some of these burly men with beards wouldn't make it very far into the competition. Minji noticed their was one competitor who stood out from the muscular men. He was one of the three men who stood out from the sea of light green and brown. He was skinny and seemed tall but in reality was only a bit taller then herself. He looked so familiar but she couldn't place him at all. He looked nervous and was fidgeting, but his eyes had a spark of determination. He was pretty, men usually don't take that as a compliment but that what he was, he was pretty and a little handsome. She hoped he was a good fighter but by the looks of it he was scrawny and wouldn't make it too far into the competition. Minji looked sadly down at the floor of the stage trying not to make eye contact with any of the competitors knowing she shouldn't get attached because it was more than likely they were going to perish in the upcoming days. Everyone was excited around her but herself. When she awake that morning maids gathered around her with excitement,and her friends came by the couryard through out the day to congradulate her and gossip. The only person who wasn't excited besides her was Gahyeon her sister, but she was also the one person that Minji felt that she needed to protect. So she tried to convince Gahyeon that her marriage was going to be good and that she herself was was looking forward to it. Gahyeon saw through it but she let it be. Minji wanted nothing more than to run off the stage and pretend that it wasn't happening but she felt stuck to it like her feet had been glued to the floor. All of these things ran through her head but not a peep of emotion showed on her face as her years of training had to led to a marvelous poker face. She nodded towards the crowd and took her place beside her father who was already on the stage. She heard the crowd of people gasping at her, her eyes found the pretty boy again. He looked away quickly cheeks flushed, the knight beside him nudged him and he quickly straightened the little smile forming on his mouth.

"cute" Minji thought and the corners of threatened the curve. almost.

----- Yoohyeon-----

Yoohyeon oggled at the princess, She was beautiful, stunning if you will. Yoohyeon knew of Minji's reputation but had never seen her in person. Only Siyeon or Handong went. Yoohyeon had been kept from wandering anywhere that could use her being a girl to their advantage. Yoohyeon felt the eyecontact hit and it felt like she was sniped with a long distance arrow. She felt her kneck slowly turn red until the top of her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter