05.

Love, or the lack thereof
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seulgi, you are sick. Just stay at home today okay?"

Seulgi felt pain in all corners of his bones, dizziness, nausea, and fever. 

"No mom, this week also today is exam day. I can't miss the exam."

Seulgi saw that there was a little bit of her mother's unwillingness to let her child go when she was sick, but she had no choice. 

"Okay, but dad will send you off and I will pick you up when you're done. Deal?"

Seulgi's mother hand held out her hand to shake hands seulgi, symbolization if Seulgi agrees with it. 

"You don't need to mom. I got Junmyeon on my hand. He will take me well."

"My hand is feeling nothing."

Seulgi always loses it when it comes to her mom. 

"Okay okay. 03:00 PM. Do not be late."

"Gotcha mom." 

---

This year was stepping on the second year of junior high school. That marked Seulg for three year as a classmate and seatmate for Joohyun. It it's not her mother's request, seulgi would prefer someone else to seat next to her and not letting Joohyun goes for it. 

That day, just like a normal day. The morning sun brightly showed its rays. Morning which full with light and hope. 

But not today, Seulgi just wanted to lay at the bed because her head was about to explode. Seulgi placed the stone-like head on her arm that was above the table. 

Seulgi also felt the presence of Joohyun who just came into the class. 

"Seulgi!" Seulgi heard a boy called out her name at the door, but Seulgi didn't Heed that call. A gentle hand landed softly on Seulgi's hand. 

"Are you okay?" Junmyeon's worry fas was clearly radiated when he saw How Seulgi's condition was. 

"As you see." Seulgi still had her arms and head on table, faced Junmyeon and back to Joohyun on her right. 

"By the way, how did you know that I'm sick?"

"I met your dad lately. He told me that you're sick. So I run off here to see you, to check your condition." Junmyeon continued. 

"I will ride you home."

"Pfttt seriously? With bicycle? With my condition now?"

"I'm thinking the same tho. We usually do, but now it's not the right time."

Seulgi then flicked Junmyeon's forehead. 

"My mom will pick me up later. You don't need to. Now you leave. Hurry." Seulgi lifted her head and grabbed Junmyeon's shoulder to immediately get up from the squatting position.

"You kicked me out?"

"Totally yes. My head is so heavy and in pain right now so just leave."

"Before that-" Junmyeon handed Seulgi an ordinary sized shopping bag. 

"I heard that ginger and coconut water are good if you're having a fever. Consuming it when the exam comes. Your mom exactly had gaven you a soup or porridge then paracetamol for your breakfast." Seulgi could not say anything but accepted it all. Accepted Junmyeon kindness and love. Seulgi thought how lucky and grateful she was to have a friend who was like an angel for her.

"You don't have to do this." Junmyeon placed the bag right infront of Seulgi. 

"I'm tired of hearing your babbling while I'm doing what I'm supposed to do for you."

"Junmyeon-"

"I DoNT LikE tO bOthEr PeOPle, I CaN dO iT bY MYsELF, I'm oKaay. Blah blah blah. Just take it eat it drink it and shut up." Seulgi looked inside the bag. There was 1 pack of ginge candy and 3 boxes of medium coconut water. 

"I only do what makes me happy." Seulgi really felt Junmyeon's sincerity. 

"I'll go. I will come here after exam ends. I will guide you to your mom. Don't complain. Just, accept." And this time, they smiled back at each other. Junmyeon then bowed to Joohyun before leave, and Joohyun just bowed her head.

Seulgi's eyes accompanied Junmyeon's departure. Waved and blowed a kiss to Seulgi. She just clenched her fists in the air, signaling thatshe returned Junmyeon's blow kiss with a punch. 

As Junmyeon disappeared when he got to the door, Seulgi's gaze shifted to her seatmate who was always busy with her own world.

Those stupid books again.

Seulgi knew without study she would be able to finish the exam well.i Also, it wasn't a book for study. It was just Novel and Anthology, but sometimes Joohyun reads about biography too.

How did Seulgi know that? 

Yes, Seulgi unconsciously surfed the internet what kind of books Joohyun often reads.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Seulgi's reverie broke and she saw Joohyun was ready to pounce on Seulgi. Seulgi hide her head with skullcaps. Seulgi was relieved, she hadn't had time to take off her jacket. 

"What a lovely morning. A guardian boyfriend sent off his things for her silly girl." Seulgi looked at Joohyun who still read the book and didn't move her head even for 1 inch. 

"He's not my boyfriend."

"He likes you then."

"As friend. No, best friend. And Bae Joohyun, don't pretending you know everything about me while you don't know nothing about me." Finally, Joohyun had head her up and sent her death stare at Seulgi.

"Is that what you think that I know a lot about you just because we've been together as seatmate for long 3 years?" Joohyun hasn't finished talking yet. 

"If this is not about your mom, I wouldn't want to seat next to you."

The burden on Seulgi's head was even more pronounced when she held back all the emotions in her head. 

"Also once again Kang Seulgi, I always hoped to never be with you in class, so that your mother doesn't always tell us to be a seatmate."

"Yeah. Who wants to seat next to the ice sculpture? Do you think I'm happy for this? To sit next to you? Oh no I'm not. I am doing this for my mother's sake. We hope next in our last year, we're not in the same class again." The school bell ended the cold argument between the two of them. Saw Joohyun who was silent and did not reply to her words made Seulgi thinks she won over their argument. On the other hand, Seulgi also felt that her words for Joohyun were a little too much.

You started all this, Joohyun. 

---

Where's Junmyeon?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter