02.

Love, or the lack thereof
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Did you know that you will get a new friend, Seulgi?" Seulgi's mom asked her beloved daughter while preparing their breakfast. 

"New friend?" Frowning Seulgi

"She just moved here from Daegu. Her dad is my friend and your father Seulgi, so.. " Seulgi's mother stopped preparing her sandwich for dad and looked at Seulgi.

"But mom, we are now at our last year in elementary school. Why did she move? I mean, just wait until next year so we can-"

"Seulgi?" Seulgi's mom Shook her head noticing Seulgi was talking while eating. 

"We don't know and we don't have to know people's business and reasons, right? At this point, you have to greet her nicely and put your bright smile to her, get it?" 

Seulgi just pouted. 

---

"Hello, my name is Bae Joohyun. Nice to meet you."

Seulgi thought she's small and no, she's hideous. 

"Is there anything you want to ask Joohyun?" The teacher said that made Seulgi raised her hand. 

"Yes Seulgi?"

"Why did you move and...... " Seulgi received the death stare from Joohyun. 

"Why you didn't smile?" 

Silent. Teacher knew the awkward in this class. 

"O-oh well uhm... J-joohyun if you...."

"My dad, it is because my dad works here and there's nothing to be smiled at."

Just a simple smile makes like you are in trouble. 

She's creepy 

"O-okay. Seulgi are you done?" Seulgi just replied with nodded. 

"Now Joohyun please take a sit beside Seulgi okay?"

Flatly Joohyun just nodded and walked towards Seulgi. 

"My mom was telling about you and your dad." Seulgi tried to open the conversation. 

"So nice to meet y-"

"Then why would you ask me?"

"I'm just asking tho, and you know what?" Joohyun glanced to her seat mate.

"dead eyes which LOOK like fish eyes." Joohyun just ignored Seulgi right away that made Seulgi feeling so irritated. 

---

"Mom, Joohyun is a weirdo." Seulgi complained about her new friend as she reached home. 

"Hey, you don't have to say that."

"But it's true mom. Totally true. Today she wasn't smiled and barely talked to me. She always read those books even when we had a break." 

"She's just shy. I know her." Seulgi rolled her eyes which was she disagreed with her mom's point. 

"Even for smile too? Just, S-M-I-L-E?" Seulgi put both her index finger to made a slight smile infront of her mother. Her mom just laughed and slapped Seulgi's arm. 

"Stop mocking her Seulgi. She's a nice girl. Her dad raised her well." 

"Yeah yeah, my mom knows everything in this entire world."

"She just needs time and you have to let her. I have to admit this, she's a little bit difficult to socialize but you have to know, she is a good girl." Seulgi knew that her mother hasn't finished to talk. 

"I want you to be a good friend for her."

---

I can't mom. I can't deal with her. 

Seulgi whispered in her heart remembering what her mother had said before to her. The sound of water splashing flowing from the tap made the mind seulgi wandering the memories. Seulgi let the water linger wet his face while closing her eyes, then she took a look at a box of tissue above her bag that Joohyun had given to her. 

"You skipped the class sis." That someone really stood right beside Seulgi but Seulgi knew who she was. 

"I was in trouble." 

"Again?"

Seulgi turned off her head and body to face that someone. 

"You guess, Kim Junmyeon?" He just smiled. 

"Did she punish both of you? Like for a thousand times before?"

"Surpsingly not. Maybe she tired of us." He laughed. Seulgi just chuckled at his laugh. 

"Well, good for you tho." Junmyeon looked at Seulgi with her wet face and suddenly Junmyeon put his hands on Seulgi's cheeks.

"H-hey!" She looked shocked because suddenly her cheeks were grabbed by Junmyeon. 

"Did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter