03.

Love, or the lack thereof
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Joohyun!" Joohyun heard Seungwan was calling her name but Joohyun ignored her friend as her footsteps won't stop. 

"Joohyun, hey hey wait." Finally Seungwan made a distance close to Joohyun and grabbed her hand. 

"Why did you do that to Seulgi? It is-"

"Rude?" Joohyun cut Seungwan's words off. 

"What about her? Hitting the table while we were eating? Is that not the biggest rude for you?" Joohyun smiled sarcastically.

"Should we pay back everyone who does bad things to us with the bad things too?" Seungwan replied Joohyun right away. 

"Seungwan, are you blaming on me right now?" 

"I'm not! B-but yes. I'm blaming both of you. You two are difficult to hold your emotions." Joohyun was very upset at Seungwan. 

"You're freak Wan." 

"Freaky but still your friend. Your close friend." Joohyun shook her head and left her friend behind. But Seungwan quickly followed Joohyun's footsteps so they could walk hand in hand.

"Don't get mad at me. I'm just telling the truth." No, seungwan knew she was made at her. 

"Joohyun... " Seungwan was whinning. Joohyun deep sighed and closed her eyes, squeezed them hardly. Joohyun found out Seungwan's eyes which staring at her. Brown hair and eyes, a very kind and patience friend Joohyun has ever had. Seungwan never talks rudely to Joohyun, Seungwan always speaks with a calm, gentle intonation to her. Never cursing, swearing, and doing things to other. Seungwan always makes Joohyun feels safe. 

How can I​​​​​ mad at you? 

"Hey Joohyun!" Joohyun's reverie broke when she heard seungwan was calling her name.

"I'm okay. Let's go."

"Wait." Seungwan held Joohyun's shoulder. 

"I'm just curious why you gave your limited edition tissue to your eternal foe." Seungwan little laughed.

"You are really that care about her."

As Joohyun lookes at Seungwan, she said in her head

No, she just caught my attention

---

"Where are we going dad?"

Joohyun was questioning about her dad who packed their things in hurry. Joohyun's dad stopped his hands and looked at his only one child, only one daughter. 

"We're moving now, to Seoul."

"B-but what about the school? Let's just wait until on-"

"I have enrolled you in a new school in Seoul." 

What? 

"That's not true. Why do we have to do this?" 

"Because I'm sick and tired about Daegu!" Joohyun heard that heavy breath of her dad. Knowing he was mad and tried to control his emotions. 

"And your mom." Joohyun knew, he would say that. 

Joohyun knew about everything. A black hole that the happiness and serenity in her family. When two people who have once loved and attached each other, like two different poles magnet that tie together. Everything was turned into disaster when it says about money and unwanted person. 

"I'm sorry. I have failed to be a good husband and father to this family." The tears fell without being able to be stopped by his eyelids. 

"I'm sorry that you have to go through this Joohyun." Joohyun remembered what her dad had taught since she was kid. 

You can't cry no matter what. 

​​​​​​"It's not your mistakes. It is just, her choice." Joohyun grabbed her father's hands. And warmly looked into his eyes. 

"Too good to be true knowing the fact that you are my best dad. God is blessing my life because I'm being your daughter. I can never stop being grateful about it." Joohyun smiled at her dad. 

"Honestly, your mom wants to take you away from me Joohyun. I just can't let that happen. You are my very precious treasure in my life." Joohyun felt his genuinely in his words. And at the same time too, she did not expect that her mother would take her away from her father that she loved. 

"I won't do that to you dad. I promise." Joohyun just wants to keep his smiled forever after she said that. 

"I'm sorry for crying like a baby right know. I'm the only one who taught you not to." 

His smile, smile to cover the wound

---

"You know what? You immediately will get a new friend."

"Yes, of course I-" Joohyun's brain was trying to process what her father said. 

"A friend? One?" Joohyun's dad was chuckled. 

"Seulgi. Her name is Kang Seulgi. She's cute. She's tall, not like you." Joohyun hit her dad's right arm. 

"Oh wow, Joohyun easy. We're driving now."

"Her parents are my friends back in college. They helped me a lot, and still help me until now." Joohyun just heard her dad's stories while she was looking at out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter