20190320

God, Is That You? | Kim Minseok Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~A table, a very long one, ahead of you.

A grand flower centerpiece in the middle of it.

Layers of plates right to your front and millions of cutleries at the sides of said plates.

A lot of yummy-looking Chinese food is served, yet not a single strand of noodle is on your plate.

You noticed you are seated on one side of the “power seats”, in the middle. You look to your right and your department bosses are there with your immediate manager nearest you and on your left side sat your colleagues and, of course, Taeyong the closest.

Everyone seems to be in fun conversations, eating and drinking alcohol. But they do not make a sound. You can hear none of their cackles or the silverwares scratching the surface of the plates.

You tried picking on your ear and nothing happened. You called out to them and no one seems to hear you, yet you’re screaming bloody murder.

You tried standing up, but your is literally glued to the seat. You touched your behind and–holy !–you’re actually one with the gaddamn chair… —WAIT, no, your actual lower half IS the chair!!!

“WHAT IS HAPPENING, AAAAAAAAAAA!?!?!” you scream once again. 

Are you deaf all of a sudden, but you can hear yourself… Or do you just hear yourself in your mind? AAAAAAAAA

“Dang, you don’t have to yell— Can you please pass the chili oil?”

You suddenly hear something other than yourself.

“What?!” you called out again.

“I said… Pass me the gad-dang chili oil!”

You crank your attention to the direction of the voice, on the other side of the table across from you. It looks like he is miles away but you can see him crisp and clear. 

This… delicately ethereal-looking being has soft rosy hair, he’s wearing a creamy pink and white bomber jacket and a pair of cream pants. His–pinkiness–compliments his snowy skin.

Gosh, you haven’t seen such gracefulness in your life.

Wait, no, that’s a lie. Taeyong is handsome too. But /he/ is different...

“I can’t move, I’m a chair,” you said with a small voice.

“Haha, sorry about that!” he stood from his position and up in the chair he previously occupied. 

The aura suddenly changed and beams of luminescence suddenly shone behind him as he ascended slowly into the air.

“HOLY FU—” you stopped yourself from cursing, noticing that no one is paying attention to what was happening to him but you.

“God, is that you?”

“Silly, I’m not God. I’m just…” he started with a laugh as he forwards closer to where you are, still floating in the air like a divine being, “Well, you can say I’m a guardian. Your guardian.” he continues when his bare feet touch the ground in front of you.

Looking behind him, everything and everyone is gone. Not Taeyong, not a single one in sight. You’re now in a field of pink rose petals, several butterflies of different shapes, colors, and sizes flying around the both of you.

You see you have your feet back, barefoot just like he is. You wiggle your toes and giggle when the flower petals tickle your pads. You’re wearing a sabrina-neckline amaranth lace ball gown, the hem just a few inches above your knees.

You look up from below and he is just a few feet away from you, smiling serenely, watching your every action. Gosh, his beautiful monolid eyes are much, much more appealing up close. He’s not reacting any more than him smiling, probably waiting for you to talk again first.

“So… You’re an angel???” you carefully ask, your eyes narrow at him, brows raised waiting for a response.

“Ah, you’re so adorable,” his cheeks bunched very cutely when he grinned and expressed his adoration.

“Uhh…”

“But to answer your question, no, I am not an Angel.” he grins once again.

You can totally see his gums, but it's so cute and his teeth are so cute and he's so cute. UWU

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter