20190322

God, Is That You? | Kim Minseok Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: SORRY THIS TOOK LONG D:

﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎

~Walking along through the mud, you feel very depleted yet your feet are not stopping for anything. 

You don't have the slightest idea why you're strolling through this filthy way, or for how long you've been doing it. Your feet are exceptionally dingy from strolling alongside this wet soil beneath your feet.

Why are you even bare feet? 

Your beautifully-fit amaranth dress has splatters of blacks and greys and browns of different shades because of the muddy earth.

“Didn’t I tell you to be careful of men?” 

You heard the familiar voice of the ethereal pink gentleman. 

The sound of it kind of disappointed, not angry, but just a bit let down.

“God–uhhh, Angel... Guy, dude?” you call out, your feet still not stopping from marching on. 

He's not anywhere in sight, everything you can only see is a ceaseless expanse of sloppy earth and dim skies.

“Come, my gummy bear, just a little more. Come to me.” 

His voice sounded bright and encouraging now.

"Where are you?" you call for him once more, you can feel tears welling from your eyes now, somewhat terrified and beaten since you can't see him.

The unexpected yearning to see his divine features is hurting you profoundly. Your heart consumes for his essence. You need to see his face, you need to feel his touch, you need him. You unexpectedly need him like your skin is arid land and he is the water that can just extinguish your desperate insatiability, your extreme yearning.

"Simply follow my voice," he trains and afterward began to sing a melody,

“Will you come a little closer? I want to stay next to you like this. It’s alright, even if you don’t say anything. When I look into your eyes, I know, I feel everything. Will you look at me? You shine in me. Can’t get any more beautiful. You’re the reason that I keep walking”

The timbre of his singing voice was similarly just about as delightful as you recollect his beauty was. 

The exhaustion and stress you felt are gradually dissipating and the more he sings the quite-familiar-but-not-really ballad with his lovely voice, the easier it was to walk, and slowly, slowly you can really, truly feel yourself float… 

Drifting away from the earth, the wreck of the wet earth you were formerly strolling on.

You close your eyes as you sail gently on the air,  traveling somewhere and nowhere at the same time. The cool wind blowing gently on your face, your hair, your whole being.

And suddenly you felt it—you felt warmth, kindness, serenity, love—you felt him… Finally.

You opened your eyes and he was there. The benevolent, sincere, and enchanting beauty that is this… Man. 

He was holding you inside of his embrace. Both arms are covering, sheltering you from all harm. No more mud, no more strained feet, no more suffering. Just peace, harmony, and happiness.

All is well. Not a damn thing can hurt you now.

"You're safe now, gummy bear," he murmurs, the gleam in his expression is particularly lovely as he says the pet name to you.

“Gummy bear,” you repeat in a whisper.

And he gave you a smile so white and radiant, you know it can light up the whole place if not the sky is already so bright. For a moment your eyes are focused on his lips and when you look back up into his eyes, he makes a small shift of acknowledgment with them, a squint, letting you know that he’s got you and you’re okay and you’re cherished and snug inside his arms.

His face gradually inching to yours, eyes slowly shutting, you can feel the warmth of his breath hushing your own eyes shut. What's more, when his lips touch yours, you both burst into a million flying butterflies.~

You open your eyes, “just another dream,” exits your lips.

But you’re smiling. 

It was a beautiful dream and you can’t help but linger on it.

You enter your bathroom with a tiny dance.

You do your hair and makeup while humming a melody.

You watered and sprayed your plants with sway and swing to your feet.

You greeted the bus driver, the barista, and the office building guard with a bigger smile.

You can feel today is going to be a good day.

Of course, you’re early for work, no one’s around yet. So you place the coffee you bought for Taeyong right in the middle of his table and go sit at your desk. You check your messages and sure enough, there’s a bajillion messages from XiuMin. Something about what you were talking about last night until you fell asleep on him again. And, of course, you reply one by one of each opinion and take about the topic he sent.

You were smiling from ear to ear and you didn’t notice Taeyong arriving.

“Someone is happy this morning,” Taeyong suddenly chuckled as he dropped his bag on his chair with a silent thud.

You were slightly jolted with his hasty entrance, but you got over it pretty quickly and toggle your phone asleep and lay it screen down.

“Just woke up to the right side of the bed today,” you grin enthusiastically and take a sip of your already lukewarm coffee.

The first half of the day went on as normal. Although Taeyong was called by Mr. Lee fifteen minutes before lunch, so Taeyong told you to take your lunch without him. Probably one of those lunch-out things they do once a month to meet clients. 

You’ve been working for the company longer than Taeyong, heck a lot of your coworkers have been working there longer than you both combined, but Mr. Lee has a weird ‘favoritism’ over Taeyong. Sometimes, you can’t help but feel a little bad, especially on projects you know you’re gonna excel at. But you know Taeyong can’t control it, that the Team Leader favors him over anyone. He’s doing so great at his job so far.

So you take lunch alone again, this happens monthly. At least it only happens once, or twice when Taeyong goes to a different project team that month. And you notice people are still whispering around you. You have to get used to this, this isn’t going to be the first and last time until you find another job that is. But knowing how good this one pays, that option

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter