E/nvisage

Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 5: E/nvisage▬

 

The distant sound of water droplets was the first minute detail Yoongi heard as soon as he stirred awake. He immediately groaned when he slowly regained consciousness, feeling his head burst in constant pain.

The second sound he remembered was the sullen tone of rattling chains. The moment he wanted to hold his head in a desperate attempt to tone down the unwanted throbbing, he let out another wince, opening a slight rift in his skin in the process from the forceful snag of his bound wrists. The cut made by the iron shackles were the least of his worries. Right now, all he wanted to know was which motherer had the audacity to do this to him.

Yoongi blinked a couple of times before he could fixate on what was in front of him. The moldy, mint green cemented walls were cracked and chipped everywhere he looked. A single dangling light fixture that was situated above him was the only other object in the room aside from the glued steel pipe behind him used to lace his handcuffs. The gloomy illumination of the single light bulb was barely enough to help him navigate everything, considering that the lone window on his right side cast the darkness of the night into his cell.

“Ugh, what the hell did I just get myself into?” Yoongi squirmed and looked back at his wrists. When he found them bound and bruised, he clicked his tongue. “Wow, they even used my own cuffs against me?”

When he straightened up and sat back in a more comfortable position, Yoongi no longer felt the familiar slight bulge on his back pocket which housed his wallet. Instead, the curiously cold floor seeped into his black jeans. He mumbled a slight curse under his breath when he noticed that his pockets had been emptied.

“How nice of these guys to let me keep my jacket,” he rolled his eyes and delivered in a mocked tone.

A light shifting sound from the other side of the wall made him stop his movements. He carefully tried to listen to make sure he wasn’t imagining things. When a muffled groan could be heard seconds later, a wave of relief hit him. 

Treading careful steps into unknown waters, he called out, “Hey, are you okay?”

“W-Where am I?”

‘A woman’s voice. Is that Sumin?’

“Hey,” he called out again. “Can you hear me?”

The furious rattling of chains and frightened whimpers made Yoongi wince.

“Hey,” he called out for the third time but with more restraint in his voice. “We’re safe for now. Please, talk to me. Are you all right?”

“I…” the rattling chains dwindled down and were now replaced with soft sobs. “I-I’m fine. B-Bleeding, in some places, but I’m alive.”

“Okay, good. What’s your name?”

“Sumin. Baek Sumin.”

‘So it really is her,’ Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows at the name. He couldn’t stop his premonition and now an innocent life would perish on his watch. Again. ‘.’

“My name is Min Yoongi. I’m a detective,” he introduced himself. “Sumin, do you know where we are or why we’re here?”

“No,” her voice sounded more leveled, but to Yoongi, her tone was more of someone who wanted to appear strong despite their current situation. “I don’t know. I just stepped out for some air when they grabbed me.”

“A random kidnapping?” Yoongi mumbled to himself. “Seems suspicious.” After a few more minutes of thinking in silence, he noticed that no other sounds of life could be heard aside from Sumin’s end. Yoongi then projected his voice again. “It seems like we’re the only ones here. Are you free to roam around?”

“My hands are cuffed to a pipe on the wall.”

“Is there anything in the room with you?”

“There’s a broken mirror in front of me, but that’s it.”

‘Of course. Same as the dream.’

“Can yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter