N/otion

Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 3: N/otion ▬

 

At sunrise, Yoongi went out for an early morning run. He didn’t get much sleep after he woke up from that nightmare. With his wireless earbuds in place and donning a gray hoodie and loose black sweatpants, he started jogging around the block.

By the time he finished his run about two hours later, Jimin was already awake and was rummaging around the kitchen. “Would you like to talk about that dream you had last night?” He offered just as he got the coffee maker to start. “It seemed pretty serious.”

Yoongi took a seat at the dining table, sweat marks lining around in places more prominent than others which was a testament to how much he ran. He was taking a rest for a few minutes to catch his breath before he took a much-needed shower.

“It was nothing,” Yoongi replied after a while, taking a deep breath. “It was just a dream.”

“I dunno,” his friend shrugged. “Dreams have a way of warning us in real life.”

Yoongi raised an eyebrow, a small smile adorning his lips. “What are you trying to say?”

“In our field, getting advanced warnings are a huge plus.”

“Do dreams even count?” He chuckled, remembering what a past police officer told him before. “I know someone who’d shut down that claim in a blink of an eye.”

“Fine,” Jimin raised his hands in defeat. “You never know, though.”

“I’m sure everything’s good,” he winked playfully at the man who, in turn, gave him a disgusted glare. “I think my brain just conjured up that place and that woman. There’s nothing to—”

“A woman, you say?” Jimin interrupted when his ears perked up at his friend’s last sentence.

Yoongi gave him a flat stare, standing up from his seat. “No.”

And with that, he left to take a shower, leaving a snickering Jimin at his wake.

 

══════

 

A few days later, Yoongi met up with a friend from the academy at a cafe near his precinct. He arrived a few minutes early since he finished his report regarding a theft case earlier than scheduled. He didn’t mind waiting, considering that his friend usually showed up before anyone else whenever they set a meeting in place.

This particular friend was more of a behind-the-scenes kind of guy. He specialized in anything technology-based, be it hacking, rebuilding, or digging up information found no one else could. 

The sound of the swinging door signaled the presence of another patron. A man who had distinctive broad shoulders entered, clutching a laptop bag that slung on one shoulder. He wore a simple black long-sleeved shirt rolled to his elbows, black slacks, and round glasses that were slightly thick at the top and sides but were rimless at the bottom. His short, dark brown hair was combed neatly, his bangs covering his forehead.

The man looked around for a few seconds, poking the middle of his glasses to the bridge of his nose. When he found a familiar face, he went over and sat across from him.

“Kim Seokjin,” Yoongi grinned, greeting the new arrival. “Still looking dashing as ever.”

“Min Yoongi,” Seokjin smiled and greeted in the same manner. “Still looking free as ever.”

“How’s everything on your end?”

“Hackers these days are quite the crafty type, I’ll tell you that,” he snickered, placing his laptop bag next to him on the inner side of the booth. “But they’re fun to chase around.” When the waitress passed by, he gave her a warm smile then said, “Excuse me, Miss. I’d like a macchiato, please.”

The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter