Lean on Me (renesé)

Sailing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lean on me by Bobby

---

 

Joohyun lips turned into wide smile as soon as she saw the live notification popped up to her screen. Seeing her on the screen was enough to put a smile on her face, washed away the tiredness she's feeling right now.

But her smiles faded when the live ended, no longer seeing the person she adored the most, she frown when there's another notification for the live and the bubbles she have awhile was back. Of course, her little quirk never fails to make her smiles. 

"This clumsy ball of sunshine," she giggles to herself when she heard the girl explain why her live cuts off. 

The person on the screen of her phone was just being awkward shy, lovely and adorable at the same time and for the nth time Joohyun find herself falling in love with the same person all over again. 

When did she start loving Chaeyoung? Actually Joohyun had no answer for that. Maybe because she just fall in love with her way before without her knowing. 

The first time she saw Chaeyoung was during an award show when the younger girl just debuted that time. At first she was just curious at the rookie group that dominating the chart, and now she understand why the netizen loves the group. But what stood up more for Joohyun was the girl with orange-ish hair, she's way taller than her, and that little awkward quirk, and the fluffy cheeks that all familiar with her, because the girl she's pining over for the years had that same fluffy cheeks. 

And since then unbeknownst to Joohyun, she always watched the girl from afar without her realizing as she's busy pining for someone else. 

Maybe it was during the time when their group met up courtesy of Joy and Seulgi for inviting blackpink as they already friends with them, well, she's friend with Jennie too but that's not matter most, she wondered when did Joy become friends with Rosé? Since when? Not that it's a problem or what, she was just curious. 

When she saw her that day, Joohyun was sure that the girl somehow glowing, or maybe that's just her being sunshine. She greeted her friends and when it comes to Joohyun, she turned awkward and shy. 

"H-Hi, I-Irene Sunbaenim, nice to meet you!" The taller girl bowed to her, and Joohyun frown, confused as to why the girl suddenly stummer to her. Did she intimidate her? Or was she scared of Joohyun? Somehow that bothers Joohyun for a moment.

She was glad that their friends break the awkward situation, making at her easey bylearning that Rosé was just awkward at first and still learning some cultural gesture as she's still hasn't customized with the Korean culture as she grew up most of her life in a foreign country.

They're just chatting for almost two hours now since they arrived on the restaurant. And Joohyun never did have a chance to speak or talk to Rosé because the latter was too far from her, and busy talking and listening to Joy, and more importantly Irene chose to sat at the end of the table as she can't stand seeing the person she's pining for years now, making her moves to her friends. It will only break her even more.

Joohyun was flabbergasted when she heard a faint sobs, and everyone on their table was confused and frowning as to why Joy and Rosé's crying. And Joohyun can't comprehend why she find her still beautiful even when she's crying, there's a tug to her chest when the tears freely fall out from her eyes.

And she looked away, sight not sitting on her so well.

She heard a bunch of giggles from her friends when Joy explained why they were crying. And that made Joohyun admired her character more. Because it tells her that the girl was so sincere and thoughtful for listening to Joy as she cried as well.

And Joohyun wondered if Rosé will be the same if it's Joohyun herself? She buried the thoughts away, letting the wave washed it away for her.

Or maybe this one when they all got devastated as they were mourning for the loss of their beloved friend and they have to attend the award show. It was after the award show, the closing. When she saw  Rosé walking towards them, with her angelic smile that draws her in. 

It was when she hugged Yeri, to console her, and when Rosé turned to her, giving her a pure and sincere look as she sympathize with them, muttering a 'condolence' to them. It was just a little gesture but for Joohyun it was enough for her that day. It means a lot especially when she made Yeri smile for a moment. 

Joohyun comeback from her reverie when she heard Rosé apolozing to her live, buttoning up her cardigan because someone commented on it. Her lips formed in a thinned line at that. She did not liking someone's telling her girl to do something, orderind her around. Joohyun never reprimanded Rosé from the way she wear her clothes or anything. Instead she's supporting her, boasting up her confidence and these people are trying to boss her girl on her birthday. 

Because on the entire years of their relationship she saw how Rosé become conscious of she what she should wear and what's don't, if she's really can wear it, if her body was good enough or not. She saw the confidence slowly fading away from her, and Joohyun worked hard to bring those confidence back. And now these people are trying to shake the confidence. Damn them. 

The annoyance she's feeling right now was buried for awhile when Rosé's trying hard to assemble the origami that one of her fans gave her.

She's unintentionally funny and Joohyun love that for her. Seeing Rosé struggling as she's tried again to assemble her origami, looking all confused and pouting. Joohyun let a giggles.

Dang it. This girl have me wrapped around her little finger even the small things she does made me fall in love with her. She said to herself.

"Capture time? Okay should I do it like the old capture time times?" Rosé said to the camera.

And Joohyun was mesmerised as the girl posing in front of her phone. She's so beautiful. So so pretty. Joohyun can't still fathom that this girl is her girlfriend now. Sometimes she found herself questioning if she's really together with someone like Rosie who's so kind, caring, loving and almost perfect. How come Rosé choose to be with her was still a question that always popping up to her, but Rosie was always there to reminded her why and why it always her.

"Bacause you are you, Joohyun. And I love you for that. I love you, Hyun, always. It always been you since time immemorial." That's the assurance she's always telling Joohyun and that's was enough for Joohyun.

The glee, warmth she's feeling now vanished in the air as once again heard Rosé apologizing to her viewers.

" Eeveryone... I'm sorry... it's really hot.. I'm really sorry.. Instead I will be very careful and wear it like this, " she ed the top button of her cardigan again. The annoyance she felt awhile ago resurfaced.

These people are so damn ungrateful. And it pisses her off, especially when she knew that look to her girlfriend's pretty face. The upset one. She knows her so well to know that look. People telling her girl what to do, that she's boring and she knew that Rosé was trying hard to put a smile all throughout, burying the sadness to her heart. 

Joohyun knows that her girlfriend was so upset and hurt now mainly after she said those words that tugging to her heart as well. 

"Everyone, my live today has a chance of being boring you know, but that is the point. I want it to be a relaxing live on my birthday for me to be with you guys. Even if it's not that fun, you just have to accept and watch, okay?" Those eyes that she love the most was dimming, those little paused, stutter, how she find it hard to say a word as she tried not to buckled up and break down in front of her fans. 

And that's it. Joohyun had enough. She can't let these people ruining her girlfriend's birthday. 

She sprint out of her room after she grabbed her hoodie and car keys, wasting no time as she wants to be with Rosé right now so bad. 

Rosé was always the one who was there during her dark days, always cheering her up everytime. Always putting her as her top priority, and she wants to be liked that for Rosé, to be her shoulder to lean on. 

She remembered the first time Rosé wiped her tears. It was the day she got her heart broken, when she heard the news of Seungwan and Jennie being officially together. Her heart tore apart as the words of confirmation slips from their lips. And all Joohyun heard that time was the broken sounds of her heart. 

She uttered a congratulations to her friends, she can't be bitter, because she's the reason why she's hurting right now. She never acted on her feelings, burying it deeper and now she's already too late. 

She looked away when she saw them inched away from kissing as their friends cheering them up, she felt the burning sensation in the corner of her eyes, tears about to fall any moment, she's trying so hard to stop them from falling, suddenly a warm hand held her wrist, guiding her in a room full of pink stuffs. And Joohyun can tell that they're in the younger girl's bedroom. 

Rosé guided her to sit on her bed, carefully. She settled down, with a teary eyed she looked to Rosie, giving her a faint smile. "It's okay to cry now, Unnie." as the words comes out of Rosie's lips her tears running down her cheeks, sobs escaping fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter