I like you so much you'll know it (renesé)

Sailing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cold breeze brushed Irene's delicate skin. The place is beautiful and fascinating, so much to wander. She's been here for almost a month because of her. She understands now why she loves the country. Irene sighed, still couldn't fathom why she wanted her here, to take the internship, to fly out of the country when all Irene wanted was to stay beside her, to take care of her. But in the end she pushed Irene away. 

 

And Irene complied to her wishes because she promised to do anything for her. Now she's here in France, for her internship. 

 

She tried to think of any possible reasons why but none came up. 

 

A rifle of pain struck her when she wanted her to take the internship and she just let Irene go after everything. And damn, Irene can't even protest because she was the one who was processing her papers. It hurts so much. 

 

She walked her way through the cathedral, wearing a white maxi dress. This is one of the places that she wants Irene to visit because this is one of her favorite places here. 

 

Irene inhales. She's hurting. She's hurting because why Irene even here when she's not here with her. Why can't they be together? Damn! 

 

--

 

"Rejected," Irene uttered as she opened the envelope in her hands. She can't believe that they rejected her with all of her credentials. She knows she's at least having a shot at their hotel. 

 

All of her friends are celebrating as they got accepted to their desired hotels. She's envious of them. 

 

Goodness, this is her last internship and she needs it to graduate. 

 

Wendy turned to her, "You should try another hotel, Irene." 

 

She shook her head. "I can't, Wannie, there's not much time left for that. Ugh! How come they rejected me? I got  credentials. I've done a lot of internship, Singapore, Japan, Cambodia and Spain. I've got all the experience, so why am I rejected?" Irene cried out. 

 

"The Park Peninsula is a top chain of hotels, Irene. Is hard to get there." Joy said. 

 

"I know that's why I only applied to their branch here in Seoul." 

 

"Are you really desperate for that internship, Unnie?" Irene whipped her head towards Yeri, the youngest of their circle. The girl had a mischievous smile on her lips but she nodded anyway. 

 

Yeri lifted her pointy finger and pointed out something in the crowd, and they traced the line of Yeri's finger and she saw a beehive. Yes, beehive. Roseanne Park with her circle of friends. They swarm the girl. And Irene rolled her eyes. Gaah! She hates the girl for a reason. 

 

Roseanne Park loves the crowd, to be the center of attention. A playgirl. Irene wouldn't be surprised if the girl bedded half of their batch. She's vain and full of herself. 

 

"You need her, Unnie." Yeri spat. 

 

"No freaking way." Irene's counterpart. She can't stand to be in close distance with the girl she hates the most. 

 

"I agree, Irene. Rosie is your last chance. I heard she's the acting CEO of all of their hotels in Korea right now." 

 

Dang! Irene knows her friend was right. Roseanne was her last shot. 

 

"Fine." 

 

So Irene waited in the parking lot of their University where she spotted Rosie's car; a BMW M6 coupe. After six minutes the blonde girl showed up, alone. Thank God! Irene said. 

 

The taller woman brushed her off. That made Irene's eyebrows twitch. She really hates the girl. 

 

"Roseanne Park," she called out but the girl ignored her. She gritted her teeth. "Roseanne Park." she yelled this time, and now she was able to get the girl's attention. 

 

She stopped in front of Rosie, and the latter just raised her eyebrow. "What's your problem, Miss?" Rosie asked in monotone. 

 

Irene slammed the paper to the girl's chest. "I need you to give me an internship in your hotel." She demanded. 

 

She saw the girl clenched her jaw, opening the paper. "Rejected." she heard Rosie uttered and closed the paper. 

 

She eyed Irene from head to toe. And Irene never felt so awkward and small until just now. Those set of deep brown orbs looking at her with nothing in it. 

 

"I know why you're rejected. You're too short." Just like that Rosie turned her back on Irene. 

 

And Irene was seething. God! The nerve of this witch! 

 

"You'll accept me or I'll expose your scandal. I've got you on tape, Park." Irene lied. This is the only way she thinks of to get Rosie's wrapped around her fingers. And she's desperate. 

 

She just hope Rosie's is too dumb to believe her. 

 

The girl snapped on her. "What the are you talking about?" Rosie yelped, eyes looking around the parking lot, cautious as if there's other people who could hear them. 

 

"I stumbled on your hotel and lo and behold. I saw you having . Goodness, how can you be so careless and leave the door open." Irene tried to suppress her laughs. She couldn't believe in herself, only fools would fall for it and gladly Roseanne is one of them.

 

Irene laid out the flash drive, "Do you want me to upload your scandal on the internet or you will give me a spot in your--" She stopped when Rosie snatched the flash drive in her hand and crushed the poor thing with her feet. 

 

"Scandal no more." Rosie said triumphantly and Irene already expected this. 

 

"Nah, uh-huh. You think I'm a fool? I have five extra flash drives, CD, phones and even on my computer." She smirked. And she saw the girl stiffened for a second. 

 

She saw Rosie's gritted teeth and ruffled her hair in annoyance. 

 

"Fine. Just...just give me the copy of the video," Rosie said defeatedly. 

 

"After my internship. I need the papers tomorrow, Roseanne." 

 

"! Sure, Satan." Rosie grumbles. 

 

Irene smiled. 

 

Rosie twitches her eyebrows upon seeing her smiles. "I hate you, Satan." 

 

"No worries, the feeling is damn mutual. I hate you, too." Irene retorted back. 

*

 

"You freaking blackmailed her, Irene." Seulgi said, and their friends just shook at her. 

 

"You sly woman, Irene Unnie," Joy grinned at her. 

 

"Do you think she really fell for your trick?" Wendy asked, they're at the cafeteria waiting for Rosie's to arrive so Irene could get her internship paper. 

 

"Yes, she's dumb anyway." She still could remember Rosie's reaction when she tell her that she had her scandal. God, it was priceless. 

 

"Speaking of, she's here," Wendy said, and Irene turned her head to where Rosie was. She's with her friends again, sitting down in their particular spot. They chatting and laugh, and she waits for Rosie to acknowledge her. But the girl did not waste a single glance at her, which is impossible because their table was just in front of them. 

 

She waits for more minutes but her nerves are twitching by just watching Rosie's laughing.

 

"Maybe she realized that you're just fooling her, Unnie?" said Yeri. Okay, she just had enough. Irene stood up and walked to Rosie, she ignored her friends calling her. 

 

She stopped right in front of their table, "Roseanne Park."she called but they just ignored her. Fudge! She's getting annoyed now. 

 

"Roseanne Park," she yelped, Rosie and her friends stopped talking and took a glance at her with their black expression. 

 

"Do you know her, Rosie?" The girl beside Rosie said, she's clinging on the latter that made Irene eyebrows shot up. 

 

"No." Rosie curtly, and tore her gaze away. Irene fuming, she clenched her jaw so tight. God! These imbeciles. 

 

Irene was about to open when she felt a hand holding her wrist and dragging her outside of the cafeteria. 

 

"ing Roseanne Park! I hate her!" Irene curses, Wendy dragged her to the soccer field.

 

"Maybe she just realized the truth, Irene." Seulgi said.

 

No, Irene refused to back down. She's desperate. She needs this internship.

 

So she waited to the parking lot, she waited for Rosie and  it paid.

 

Rosie made her way to her car, and Irene took big steps to catch the former. 

 

"Roseanne Park!" she slammed her bag to the blonde girl's head, the latter stumbled a bit. "You freaking imbecile, how dare you ignore and humiliate me!" she yelled again.

 

Rosie composed herself, throwing a deadly glare to Irene. "Dwarf!"

 

Irene ignored the remark, "Where's my internship paper?" she asked.

 

Rosie smirked at her, "You think I'm dumb to believe in you?" Again, Irene expected this one. She's smarter than Rosie thought.

 

She smirked, and that made Rosie's smirk fade away from her lips. She fished out the flash drive from her bag, and waved the drive. "Do you think I'm joking--" in an instant the flash drive was gone from Irene's hand.

 

"Unnie, what is this?" Yeri asked, grinning.

 

Irene wanted to laugh when Rosie's face turned pale, scared, bewildered. Any synonym would fit to describe Rosie's current state for a moment but she recovered from it.

 

"You dwarf, give it back to me." Rosie shouted. But Yeri just ignored her plea.

 

Irene could smell her victory, because everything was going according to her plan. She planned this one, teaming up with Yeri. She's too genius for her own good.

 

"No, Irene Unnie let me borrow it okay?"

 

"The ! No! Dwarf, give it to me," Rosie tried to snatch the drive from Yeri and just like that it fell into the drainage. 

 

And Irene's eyes widened, looking at Rosie with hatred. "You imbecile!" She hits the girl's arms.

 

"Aww...ouch.."

 

She tried to hit Rosie again but the latter caught her wrist and dragged her. "You shut up, dwarf. God, you're irritating me." 

 

They stopped in front of Rosie's car and the latter opened the door for Irene. "Get inside." and Rosie went to the driver seat. Irene complied, taking a last glance to her friends. She saw them laughing. 

 

They both settled on their seats but Irene was confused why Rosie hadn't started driving her car. 

 

She poked the girl, she got ignored. 

 

She tried again, this time she saw Rosie's furrowed brow. 

 

She pinched her arm, and Rosie groaned. 

 

"Oh, you're already there."

 

"What?"

 

"You're too small, I did not see you." Irene's jaw hung open, dumbfounded. The is wrong with this giant? 

 

God, she really hated Rosie to every fiber of her being. 

 

They drive off to the Park Peninsula. Rosie didn't wait for her, she just walked inside the hotel. 

 

"Rude giant," Irene muttered as she walked inside the hotel. 

 

And Irene watched in front of her eyes how Rosie's attitude turned 360 degrees. Gone was the playful and snarky brat, and replaced by a dominant and powerful aura around the girl. She could not believe how quickly the girl changed her attitude. 

 

Rosie ignored all the greetings to her, she just continuously walking until they arrived at the manager's office, they inside. 

 

"I want you to give her a spot for the hotel internship, Lee." Rosie announced, and the girl who's sitting on her swivel chair stood up. 

 

"That's not how you talk to your cousin, Rosie." The woman was a bit shorter to Rosie, and pretty. 

 

"I don't care, just give her spot. Her name is Irene Bae." 

 

"Oh, I read her application paper and I could say she has impeccable credits. I just wondered why she wasn't on the list for approval." 

 

"It's none of your business. Now give her the papers and schedule." Irene huffs, seriously the girl was rude even to her cousin. And Rosie turned her back and walked away. 

*

 

The first two weeks of Irene's internship were going smoothly. Yes, she got in. Thanks to her big brain, she did not feel bad blackmailing Rosie though. She thinks the girl deserves it. 

 

And she tried to avoid Rosie whenever the girl would visit their hotel so far Irene succeeded. 

 

"Do you think Rosie will be here today?" Doyeon asked her, for the past few days she has come to the conclusion that the former has a crush on Rosie because everytime that they shared a duty Doyeon would always ask and talk about the blonde girl.

 

"I don't know," Irene shrugged. They focus on their work again. 

 

"211 you need in that room, Irene." Miss Choi said to her. 

 

She saw Doyeon stiffened but she shrugged it off. 

 

She went to the room she was assigned and keyed in. 

 

Irene grimaced upon seeing the mess inside the room. arses. 

 

She started cleaning the room when she heard the bathroom door open. She jumps a little knowing there's someone in the room which is supposed to be empty when they called for cleaning.

 

"What are you doing here?" She heard a familiar voice behind her, and she knows who's the owner of that voice. She turned to face the girl.

 

"What do you think--" Her voice caught on when she saw Rosie leaning on the door, the tie of her robe was loosely tied on. She could see the outline of her chest, and her abs peeking. God, the woman was indeed hot. 

 

"Enjoying your view?" She could hear the smugness from Rosie, and Irene blushed for being called out.

 

"I was not looking," she denied, sounding so annoyed.

 

The smirk slowly formed on Rosie's lips, Irene brows twitched. God, she hates the woman. "If you say so, dwarf." Rosie walks to her, "Why are you here? Don't you know the protocol? You shouldn't enter the room when it is still occupied." Rosie sounded so intimidating and her eyes bore into hers. And for the love of cheese Irene could feel her stomach churning but she ignored it by being pissed.

 

"Miss Choi, ordered me to clean the room and I assumed it's already empty. And if only I knew that you're still I won't bother to go. God, I wouldn't dare to touch the bed sheet knowing it's your dirt and ." she rolled her eyes.

 

Rosie laughed but her eyes showed annoyance. "You really have a way with you mouth, Bae and I wonder what it taste like?" Irene almost felt like her cheeks burning at the lewd remarks, if it wasn't the mockery on Rosie's voice. The said girl walked past her, she stayed rooted in her place while she heard the closet opened. She guesses that Rosie's putting her clothes on.

 

"What the fudge are you saying?" she exclaimed. 

 

She heard footsteps again, Rosie walked past her again and Irene had a whip of the girl. She smelled like warm coffee, white flowers and vanilla. She smells so good for Irene's liking.

 

The girl held the door handle, "Don't worry I won't bother to know what your taste is like. I don't kiss filthy mouth like yours, " and with that Rosie left Irene with her jaw drop open.

 

*

 

Irene would love to chokeslam Rosie everytime their path crosses. Jeez! The girl had a way to pressed all the buttons of Irene. She would pissed the older girl when she's in their hotel and ignore Irene when they're in the vicinity of their university. Irene fathom the blonde woman has an on and off switch when it comes to her. 

 

And in return Irene would have the same treatment to the younger woman. She would pissed Rosie off until she sees the girl fuming, because the latter was a short tempered woman.

 

In conclusion the two live to pissed each other off. Irene loves seeing Rosie mad, and Rosie loves it when she sees the girl so pissed because for her Irene turns to smurf when she's angry. And that's why she loves getting on the older woman's nerves. 

 

 

Irene knocks on the door, she awaits until the devil personified opened it. She gritted her teeth because she knows the girl loves to see her annoyed.

 

The smirking Rosie greeted her wearing her bathrobe again. This was always her way to pissed Irene off and it's been going on for like a month now.

 

The girl would always request her to clean her room, and Irene can't disobey the order of their manager. And Rosie would make the mess intentionally.

 

"Hey, Bae!" there's a mocked in her tone, and Irene ignored it. She just entered the room and started her job. 

 

Irene furrowed, something was wrong. The room was not messy the way it used to. That's new.

 

She felt eyes bore into her, it was intense that made her shiver down her spine. Hearing footsteps, she heard the sofa dipped. She continued her work.

 

"Hmm... I was wandering when will you give me the copy of my scandal." Rosie said flatly. Irene stiffened. She almost forgot about it.

 

She straightened her posture and faced the girl, almost stepping back when she saw the girl's expression, her eyes staring blankly, lips forming in a thinned line. "I will give it to you when my internship is done," she wanted to applaud herself for not stuttering.

 

"Hmm..." she awaits for the girl to continue, the blankly eyes turned into mischief. "Have you watched it?" And her lips started to form a smirk.

 

"W-what? Of course not!" Just thinking of watching the scandal was like a horror to Irene. Goodness!

 

"I doubt it."

 

"No, once is enough!" Irene exclaimed.

 

"So you watched it then," Rosie said triumphantly.

 

"I was not. The only time I saw it was when I recorded it." Irene lied.

 

"Oh... Of course, it's better when it's live right?" She hates it when Rosie's winning their little banter.

 

"Terrible, I almost want to bleach my eyes."

 

"You should be glad to see my performance live, Bae." She hates the smugness of the girl. She's enjoying toying her.

 

"Why would I?" She hissed.

 

"Hmm... So was I good, Bae? Did you see how I made the girl come undone?" Rosie drawled every word with her deep voice, and the accent and it's not helping the way her eyes bore into her, the way she's and biting her lips. Irene felt her cheeks and ears burning.

 

She cleared to mask whatever she's feeling right now, "No, you're not." she tried to sound firm but her voice betrayed her when it came out so weak for her liking.

 

"If you say so, Bae." Rosie chuckled.

 

"I said you are not!"

 

"Yeah, yeah."

 

"God, you're insufferable!"

 

"Why thank you," Rosie giggles at her explosion.

 

 

"Roseanne Park stops right there!" Irene shouted as she ran towards the girl. Rosie turned to her, for knotted. 

 

She catches her breath when she reaches the girl. 

 

"What the hell is your problem? Have I told you not to approach me when we're at the university?" The girl scowled. 

 

"Like I freaking care," she opened the car door and settled herself in the passenger seat. 

 

"What the ?" Rosie howled and settled down on the driver seat. "Why are you in my car?" She asked irritatingly. 

 

She rolled her eyes at the girl, "Just drive me to the hotel." She demanded.

 

"Why should I do that?" Her eyebrow shot up.

 

"Because I said so and I have your scandal. Now drive."

 

"What the bloody hell!" Rosie cursed, and Irene smiled when the former turned the engine on and drove off.

 

"God, I hate you, dwarf!"

 

"No worries, the feeling is freaking mutual."

 

*

 

"I hate you!" Said Irene, and Rosie was dumbfounded. 

 

"What the did I do?" Rosie asks, confused. 

 

"Nothing, I just hate your existence." said nonchalantly. 

 

"You're irritating. For your information, I hate you too." and stormed out the room. 

 

 

Irene is having a lunch break when an annoying tall blonde woman sat in front of her, and took her drinks.

 

"God, I'm so thirsty." The woman said, Irene huffs.

 

She watched as the girl emptied her drinks. "That's my drink." She hissed.

 

The woman in front of her just shrugged. 

 

"You little !" Irene curses, one thing that she noticed was she cursed a lot since she met the girl, God! The girl has the ability to press her button even by doing nothing. 

 

"I'll pay for your lunch, okay? Just shut up, will you?" Rosie whispered, docked her head on the table, probably hiding.

 

"What the hell are you doing?"

 

"Jeez, tone down your voice, " hissing, "isn't it obvious that I'm hiding?" The girl eyes roamed around the lounge area of the hotel, and Irene found it dumb but nonetheless she done the same thing. She looked around and saw a frantic woman entering the hotel, eyes searching.

 

"ing hell!" Rosie muttered, giggling at the girl's distress.

 

"Is she one of your one night stands?" Irene grinned, but there's something in her voice that she quite does not like, the distaste.

 

"Nope, I would never. That woman is a psycho." Rosie yelped. "Oh my ing !" The girl was getting so near to them.

 

No matter how much Irene's enjoying the blonde woman's distress she can't help but to help her out. She slowly untied her scarf and threw it to the girl in front of her.

 

"What the hell is your--" She cut Rosie off.

 

"Cover yourself." Said Irene, the girl was looking at her shocked, astounded but did as she was told.

 

It took more than 5 minutes before the girl decided to leave the hotel.

 

"She's gone," Irene said.

 

Rosie pulled the cover off of her head, and straightened her back and sighed out of relief. The former handed her the scarf.

 

"Who's the girl? Why are you hiding?" She asked out of curiosity, like she said the girl was not on the list of her one night stand so she was curious.

 

"She's a psycho. Would be in their right mind to stalk and beg for someone to take them to bed." Stalker? Begging for Rosie? The woman was obsessed. Why would they beg for Rosie? Is she really that good for them to beg? What is she like in bed, Irene wondered. The last part made Irene cough. What the hell is she thinking?

 

"The girl was offering herself to you, so what's the problem? You're already used to a one night stand right?" again, there's a distaste in her, on the tip of her tongue.

 

She saw Rosie leaned her back to her seat, there's a sign of wear on her perfect features. "Yes, that's my lifestyle. But no, I refuse that kind of offer. The girl has been stalking me for a year now. It's getting tiresome to be honest. If I give in to her offer she will be more obsessed, she will be more aggressive. She will not stop once she gets what she wanted for a year now." And for the first time Irene saw the seriousness of the younger woman, the matured Rosie but at the same time there's a fear, anxiousness on the girl's orbs.

 

She doesn't know what to say, or to comfort the girl. "Maybe try to file a restraining order so she can't get close to you?" That's all she said.

 

"I can't do that, she's the daughter of our business partner. A spoiled brat." 

 

"Oh, I see," The blonde woman stood up, fixing the crumples on her clothes, and she just watched her turn her back on her. Six feet from her when Rosie looked back and uttered, "Thank you, Irene!" With a genuine smile etched on her face.

 

That smile made her heart beat for unknown reasons. And  it's quite terrifying how a simple smile made her heart beat in mess.

 

But a smiling Rosie is a pretty form of Rosie.

 

*

 

Since the encounter at the lounge area days ago seems like there's a truce between Rosie and her. They still bicker but it isn't like how they used to. It's more like tame and chill. Unlike before, they want to rip each other's throat.

 

Their days wouldn't be complete without pissing each other off. It's becoming their form of greeting and entertainment. 

 

"So why don't you want me to greet you in the school?" Irene asked, taking a piece of steak. She's in Rosie's room once again, having a late breakfast together. The woman asked for her, not to clean her room but to have breakfast with her. What in the world, right? 

 

"It's because you're annoying." Rosie answered, leaning on her chair and just watching her eat. It almost made Irene conscious for some reason but the words made her brow twitch. 

 

"I was not. Just say it because I'm not up for your standard." She retorted. 

 

"Whatever, Bae." She chuckled. 

 

"Because it's true right?" she pressed the matter again. She was really curious why. 

 

"It's not, Irene." Rosie curtly. Her face was serious.

 

"Oh, because of your reputation?" 

 

"I don't ing care about my reputation." The girl hissed. 

 

"So what is it then?" 

 

"Like what I've said, it's nothing big a deal. I just don't want to." She didn't question the girl anymore, she won't get a decent answer anyway. That's one thing she learned about Rosie, she's hard to crack. 

 

She's drinking her juice when Rosie speaks again, that made her coughing fit and spitting the juice she's drinking. 

 

"You're beautiful, Irene. Remember that," said Rosie. 

 

What the hell?

 

You're such an embarrassment, Irene. 

 

And Rosie just laughed at her. Great. Just great. 

 

 

Irene was stationed at the front desk when a familiar figure waltzed towards her. Her eyes widened when the person stopped right in front of her, and recognized him. This is the first time she saw him in two years. 

 

"Hey, long time no see, Rene!" The man greeted her with a huge smile on his face. She can't believe that he is here.

 

"Hello, yeah. Good to see you, again, Suho." She greeted him back with a smile on her face. It was good to see an old friend again.

 

"What are you doing here, Suho?" She asked.

 

The man laughed, "I'm here for work, Rene. I will be the one to supervise the hotel for the meantime."

 

"What?" She asked, confused. She thought Rosie was the one who's acting as Head of the hotel right now?

 

"The owner is my uncle, Rene."

 

"I didn't know about that--" A familiar voice cuts Irene off.

 

"Why are you here, Kim?" The vicious and cold voice of Rosie rang. She looked at the girl behind Suho, the very first time she saw her wearing a cold-blooded stare, eyes fire with such disgust and animosity and Irene stepped back when the eyes directed to her.

 

He faced the person behind him, "My, my, my look who's here. My favorite cousin." Suho said with disdain. Irene was curious what's with the hostile greeting between the two. It appears that they hate one another.

 

"Why are you here, Kim?" Still, Roseanne was looking at her.

 

"I assumed uncle hasn't told you. I'm here as the head manager of the hotel."

 

"The are you talking about?" Now the eyes were gone looking at her, the hatred in her eyes became intense when it directed to Suho.

 

"Why don't you talk to your father," and Suho turned to her again, "Let's have some coffee some other time, Rene." She nodded, and with that Suho left them.

 

She could feel the heavy-intense set of brown orbs bore into her, she felt like she was caught doing something wrong with the stare that Rosie was giving her.

 

"Do you know him, Bae?" Her tone sounded so unfamiliar to Irene, and with the way she's addressing her to her family name again felt so wrong. 

 

She hesitantly nodded, "He's an old friend." She doesn't know why she wanted to explain herself to Rosie, that's not her. 

 

"Old friend huh?" There's something about the way it slipped from Rosie's lips, and Irene doesn't like it. It sounded so unfamiliar, and distant. 

 

She hesitantly nodded, the frowned on Rosie deepened but before she could come up to another explanation the latter turned her back and left. 

 

And it becomes days turn to week that Rosie didn't step foot in the hotel, and even at their University she hadn't taken a glimpse of the blonde woman. 

 

A week without Rosie made Irene restless, drained, and pouty. She should be happy right? No one's messing with her, no one's annoying or pissing her off but on the contrary it's different. There's something missing about that certain week not seeing the girl. It's not complete and feels weird, it feels weird that she finds herself searching for the presence of Rosie, even just a glimpse she would be okay. She just wanted to see the girl. 

 

"She's really the epitome of beauty," her friend Joy said and Wendy and Seulgi agreed. 

 

"That's why I couldn't blame her if the girls really throw themselves to her. Rosie was such a catch after all," hearing the name of the girl her ear perked up. She shifted her attention to her friends. She wanted to ask but that would be suspicious to her friends, and she still can't understand why she wanted to anyway. 

 

"Oh, that's why we haven't seen her. She's in Paris." Seulgi said. Paris? Rosie is in Paris? 

 

"Paris?" She asked before she even realized. 

 

"Yeah, have you seen her new Instagram update? She's in  Paris." She shook her head. 

 

She focuses her attention again on her papers and running out with her friends. She wanted to get Rosie out of her mind, she's curious about the picture she posted.

 

After ten minutes of contemplating, she opened her phone and went to her Instagram, searching for Rosie's account. And the newly posted one caught her attention. 

 

The girl was looking directly at the camera, and Irene felt like Rosie was looking at her directly. Her set of brown eyes was serious, not a hint of playfulness, arrogance. She just looked straight at the camera. Her features are highlighted, the plump lips are so inviting, the perfect nose, the strong jaw line. The background suited it so well, the Eiffel tower behind her. It was perfect. Added that it's black and white. 

 

The picture was mesmerising. 

 

And she read the caption, "I wish you were here with me." knotting her forehead as she closed the app. 

 

She stood up and bid goodbye to her friends. She wanted to clear her mind. 

 

 

She was walking her way out to the hotel, she just got off from her duty for today when a firm and delicate hand held her wrist and dragged her without a word. She's ready to slam her back to the figure when she recognised who it was. The person she's looking for a week now, the person who's messing her mind is here.

 

Roseanne Park was dragging her to her car.

 

"What the hell, Park?" She yelped, she felt a sudden bubbling irritation with the girl right now. She felt angry now that she's back. The girl just dipped then all of a sudden she's back and dragging her. The audacity of this brat.

 

Irene tried to whiskey her arm back but only for Rosie to tighten her hold to her. 

 

"Get in," Rosie ordered. She just stood there glaring, "Do it or I'll do it myself." she threatened, and Irene huffed before she sat on the passenger seat.

 

Rosie drove off to God knows where. Irene chose to ignore the girl and watched as the cars passed by.

 

"Why are you on a date with Suho?" The question made Irene face the girl, eyes widened. 

 

"H-how did you--" 

 

"I have my sources. Now answer me." Rude, and sources? What does she meant about sources? Stalker? Investigator? 

 

"I can hear you, the university and the hotel staff gossiping about it." The distaste she could almost taste from Rosie's lips. 

 

"So what about it?" She saw how tight Rosie's gripped the steering wheel, her hands slowly turning white.

 

The car stopped at the sight of Han river, from their distance she could see the lights reflecting on the river. It is so pleasing to the eyes.

 

"Date me instead, Irene. Date me." 

 

*

 

"Date me instead, Irene. Date me." Rosie's voice almost sounded like a plea, she turned to Irene. Eyes turned warm and full of admiration. The first time she saw those orbs looking at her softly. And the very first time Rosie sounded so sincere and hopeful.

 

Irene swears her heart is beating so erratically, her insides turning and churning from the warm feelings and sudden happiness she's feeling right now. The tingling sensation she's having right now was making her squirm, delighted. Because the girl who's messing with her, making her pissed off, angry and fuming was also the girl she missed so badly.

 

She only realized it when Rosie went to Paris. She only realized that her dislike towards the girl was only to mask her admiration, her liking to the blonde girl. She likes Rosie. She liked her even before she realized it. She was just stubborn to admit it. Too stubborn because she knew the girl's lifestyle after all and yet she ended up liking her.

 

All those bickering moments, she looked up to it because that's the only thing she can have a talk or interaction with Rosie.

 

She tries so hard to bury the feelings but it's getting impossible the moment she enjoys her company and when they suddenly go away.

 

It doesn't feel right going back to the past when she hasn't talked to Rosie up close. It doesn't feel right not seeing the girl.

 

And that moment Irene realized that yes, she likes Roseanne Park.

 

Now the girl wants to date her. God, Irene was on cloud nine. She wasn't dreaming right? She heard Rosie right?

 

"Irene, please date me," she gets back from her reverie when she feels the warm hands softly holding her cheeks, caressing it lovingly. And the pleading voice of Rosie. This is too much for Irene.

 

She watched the girl in front of her, those warm eyes waiting for her hopeful but behind those Irene could see the panic starting to arise as it took long for her to answer.

 

And she doesn't want to torture the girl anymore, "Yes, Rosie. I will date you." She whispered, leaning to the warm hands holding her, she smiled so wide.

 

The pouted lips slowly turn to wide smiles and the eyes turn to crescent moon. Irene giggles at the girl's reaction. She couldn't believe that she had this kind of effect on Rosie.

 

This is the most happy, genuine and lovable Rosie she had witnessed. And it is forever engraved in her heart.

 

Rosie leaned forward to her, resting her forehead against hers. "Thank you, Irene," she whispered and Irene felt the warm breath against her skin, it made her feel dizzy how close Rosie was to her. 

 

They both giggled when they realized how silly they are right now.

 

They went out of the car and settled at the car hood. Just admiring the views before them and enjoying the breeze of cold night. 

 

They were silent until Irene asked, "What did you do in Paris?" That's the only thing she could muster to ask.

 

"There's a problem at the hotel branch in Paris. Father wanted me to handle it." Rosie stole a glance at her. The strong breeze hits her skin, making her shiver. And that didn't go unnoticed to Rosie. 

 

She watched Rosie taking off her blazer, carefully putting the blazer on her. "Now you won't feel cold." 

 

"But--" she tried to protest because the girl was only wearing a white t-shirt, and it almost see-through because Irene could see the black brassiere of the girl. 

 

"It's okay, Irene. I'm used to it." Rosie giggles. 

 

And they went silent again, Irene putting her hand inside the blazer pockets. She frowned when she felt a cold metal inside the pocket. She slowly took it out and the frown deepened when she saw a Tiffany hardware double link rose gold with pavé diamonds. The necklace was simple but elegant. 

 

She glances at Rosie then goes back to the necklace she's holding. 

 

"Rosie?" She sounded so confused. 

 

The girl went down from the hood of her car. She's grinning, as she stands in front of her. Rosie tried to grab the necklace from her hold but Irene felt the need to be possessive at the necklace. 

 

Rosie chuckled, "You're so cute," pinching her cheeks. The former tried to take a hold of the necklace again but Irene held it across her chest. "No need to be protective of it, Babe. It's yours. But let me put it to you, okay?" Handing out her palm, Irene stared at the empty palm in front of her and she slowly put the necklace to it. 

 

Afterwards, Rosie offered her empty hand, she gladly took it. Guiding her down from the car. The blonde leaned to her car, pulling Irene a bit, back facing her. 

 

Rosie carefully collected her hair and put it on one side. "I bought it when I was in Paris. I was thinking of a souvenir gift for you but this necklace caught my eyes. It was simple but beautiful." She felt the cold metal against her skin, she held it. Tracing the diamonds on the hardware link. She feels very much happy. She heard the little sound of the lock. And Rosie spinned her around carefully. 

 

"Perfect, babe," she traced the necklace, the cold metal put warm all of a sudden. Rosie's skin feels so warm against hers. It brought millions of volts to her system. 

 

Rosie's hands slowly draped to her waist, pulling her closer. Her heart was beating so loud and she was afraid that Rosie could hear it. 

 

Rosie hugged her, all the cold breeze was gone. The girl rested her head to her shoulder, inhaling her scent. "You smell so good, babe." she murmured. She felt the heat on her cheeks. 

 

She felt Rosie's body slumped to her, so she decided to hug the girl back. 

 

"I'm so jet lagged," she heard Rosie murmuring against her shoulder, jet lagged? Don't you tell me she just landed and decided to see me? She exclaimed to herself. She tried to push the girl a little but only for Rosie to tighten her hold. "Nooo," Rosie whined. 

 

"You need to rest properly," caressing the blonde locks, the girl never fails to amuse Irene. God, she special knowing the first thing Rosie when she got back was to see her. And if that didn't make her heart leap then I don't know anymore. 

 

"You're my kind of rest, Irene." And with that falling in love with Rosie is inevitable. 

 

 

Ever since that night, Rosie and Irene had gotten closer. The latter had learned a lot about the younger woman. 

 

Rosie was not just the Playgirl, arrogant rich kid, egocentric, and conceited girl. She's more than what people said about her. 

 

She's caring in her own way. She always waits for Irene to finish off her duty, waiting outside the school to drive her off to her internship. She always does that. She brings food to her, whether she's at work or school. She finds a way to make sure she eats on time. And Irene appreciated it.

 

She's childish sometimes. And it's cute for Irene. Rosie whines when she's not giving her enough attention or when she countered her ideas. Especially when she's hungry. And God! She witnessed it first hand.

 

"I'm so hungry," Rosie whined at her, Irene looked up to the former. The blonde girl just insisted on visiting her today knowing that she's busy. She's so stubborn. They haven't gone out for a date this week because she's extremely busy with her paperworks and internship. The only time that they spent together was when Rosie picked her up and dropped her home. 

 

"I said you can eat first." The girl has been whining for almost ten minutes now. And Irene started to get annoyed. She's busy with her paperworks and Rosie is disturbing her.

 

"I don't wanna. I'll wait for you," Rosie stubbornly said, grabbing her phone.

 

"Don't wait for me, Rosie. Eat your food, I have so much works to do." She gives her attention again to her laptop. She heard Rosie's huffing. Sometimes she hates this side of her, the brat Rosie.

 

"No can do. Do your work. I'll play with my phone." Just like that she heard the sound of her playing.

 

And it didn't last because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter