02 - Rumors, chobom au.

stray abstracts : au/story prompts.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(based off the song "Rumors" by Sabrina Claudio and Zayn.)

 

Single and broken at 27, Yoon Bomi's life has been a downward spiral to boredom--she couldn't find a stable relationship, a stable job, and a stable reason to live. No, she's not suicidal, but yes, she doesn't really have a reason to live anymore.

 

But when she overhears two ladies talking about a secretarial job opening at Seoul's prestigious communications technology Park Industries, she decides to muster up enough courage to apply for the position. Right when she walks in the interview room she immediately regrets her decision--the one hiring is Park Industries' chaebol heiress: the glamorous, luxe, 29-year-old professional sweet-talker and soon-to-be CEO Park Chorong--her ex from two years ago, the girl who she thought was the one for her.

 

All it takes is a little sweet talk, a friends-with-benefits deal, and probably some accidental liplocking--and Bomi is hired. 

 

But with word slipping out that they're exes, their paths continously crossing (accidentally in the office, intentionally in Chorong's condominium unit) and rumors around the company that she's more than just Chorong's secretary spreading, Bomi wants out of all the chaos. 

 

But like Chorong always tells her, "Where there's smoke, there's fire. What's a hidden affair without a little scandal?" 

 

And so Bomi keeps on believing the sweet talker.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter