Start Of A Friendship

You Are My Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The clear blue sky was shimmered with an expanse of endless white sun. Birds perched on branches. Break time was almost over and the kindergarten kids were making their way back to their own classes.

 

Six years old Chansung was skipping happily towards his class, while he was busy his lollipop which was given by his teacher. He passed the school playground and heard a soft sob coming from the slide. He abruptly stopped on his tracks and frowned in confusion. 

 

 

 

That sound seems to be coming from the slide, Chansung thought.

 

 

 

 

A wave of curiousity struck him. 

 

"It's time for Detective Channy to find out! Detective Channy hwaiting!" Chansung pumped his fist in the air. 

 

Chansung tiptoed towards the slide and acted like he was a detective. He tiptoed behind the slide and saw a small figure sitting on the slide. Once he got closer, he saw that the figure was actually a young girl of his age, hugging her knees and was shaking uncontrollably.

 

Chansung stood in front of her and pulled out the lollipop from his mouth.

 

"Hello...? What are you doing here?" Chansung began to ask her.

 

The girl gave a quick glance at Chansung and Chansung could see the girl's tear-stained face.

 

"Why are you crying?" Chansung asked again.

 

The girl did not reply his question and continued crying. Chansung squatted in front of her which made the girl cringed back. Then, Chansung took out an extra lollipop from his pocket and held it out to her. 

 

"Here, lollipop!" Chansung smiled. 

 

The girl slowly looked up and gave Chansung a suspicious look. 

 

"Here, take it!" Chansung kept on offering her. 

 

The girl slowly reached out for the lollipop. 

 

"Thank you," the girl mumbled. 

"You're welcome. What's your name?" Chansung asked with an innocent smile. 

 

"Yejin," she replied softly while hugging her legs. 

 

'I'm Chansung. What's wrong, Yejin?" 

 

"My oo is gone. They took away my oo," Yejin began to sob again. 

 

Chansung scratched his head in confusion, "Who?" 

 

"The bad people. They took my oo. I want my oo back!" Yejin moaned in distress. 

 

"Ermm... I will help you get your oo back okay? Please don't cry," Chansung placated. 

 

Yejin's eyes began to glisten, "Really? You will help me get oo back?" 

 

Chansung nodded and beamed. 

 

Yejin wept her tears and gave a tiny smile, "Thank you, Chansung." 

~.~ 

 

Since that day, Yejin and Chansung had become good friends. Every day, they would play together. A few days later, Yejin was playing with Chansung at the kindergarten playground, together with the other kids when she spotted the kids who stole her oo away. 

 

She tugged Chansung's uniform sleeve, who was slightly taller than her and pointed to the group of kids, "They stole my oo." 

 

Chansung turned to the direction which Yejin pointed, "Junhyung and his friends?" 

 

Yejin looked at Chansung with her big, bambi eyes, "You know them?" 

 

Chansung nodded vigorously, "They are in my class." 

 

Yejin's mouth curled into an O shape, "Then, can you help me get oo back?" 

 

Chansung glanced from Yejin to Junhyung and his friends. To be honest, Chansung was sort of afraid of Junhyung and his friends. They were considered as the kindergarten bullies

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter