Rubin

THE ROSES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A sudden change of atmosphere. All the way from Macau to korea. It's no big deal but the pressure that was purring up in her head for no absolute reason every time she saw him, it's  just confusing.

Why him. And who is he? Why can't I remember anything. Every night ever since that day at the hospital she couldn't help but think of the boy she saw in his hospital pajamas next to her bed, crying. The day she woke up from comma, after weeks of being knocked out from the accident and surgery or whatever that had happened to her. First thing she saw as she opened her eyes was him. Although she doesn't clearly remember the details. 

Why was he there. And why was he crying. Moreover, was it really-

Hendery? 

........................... 

As she struggled to open her eyes the first day, a pastel green with dots or some polka patterns on it hit by slow sunrise through the hospital windows, nothing was clear other than a broad shouldered silhouette near her bed. She wasn't sure who that was. But he didn't hesitate to call people around, the moment he noticed her fingers move.

Everyone came rushing in that she lost sight of him. The blurred, faded visions right after a long sleep and re tracking herself. Nobody is recognizable. Only certain voices weary in the air. Crying out her name, holding her hands. Someone kissing her forehead.

Everything seemed to be fogging out slowly. She can distinguish the silhouettes. The faces all over, she remembers them. But can't make out who's who. And what's their significance in her life.

The confused looks in their eyes, broke into tears as the doctor explained :

"I'm sorry, but the patient doesn't remember anything that happened to her before the accident. We could only save her life but not the soul. But as for now, it's all for her own good. Everything that has happened to her,

her brain did it so that she could move on. It's a subconscious response of the cells. The memories; they could still be there. But it's better not to trigger them. Let's be happy that It's all for the best. "

 

A subconscious response. All for the better. But they still could be there. It's better not to trigger them.

She kept repeating those inside her head. What actually happened to me that made my body decided to not to let me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter